FoodBanter.com

-   Cooking Equipment (https://www.foodbanter.com/cooking-equipment/)
-   -   Vitamix - Oil the Motor? (https://www.foodbanter.com/cooking-equipment/79507-vitamix-oil-motor.html)

jofftom 22-01-2006 12:43 AM

Vitamix - Oil the Motor?

Hi, I just purchased a vintage Vitamix Vitamatic 500. It cleaned up
great and it runs great, but I noticed the bottom of the base has a
screw with the word "oil" stamped in the metal next to it.

This blender is from the 50's (according to the vitamix web site) and I
cannot find reference to the manual anywhere.

Does anyone know what kind of oil, how much oil and how often to put it
in the bottom of my vitamix machine?

Any help or directions would be GREAT.

Thanks

Joffrey

Edwin Pawlowski 22-01-2006 03:50 AM

Vitamix - Oil the Motor?

"jofftom" wrote in message
Does anyone know what kind of oil, how much oil and how often to put it
in the bottom of my vitamix machine?

You can buy suitable motor oil at any hardware store or home center. Two
drops a year is about right.

jofftom 22-01-2006 06:20 PM

Vitamix - Oil the Motor?

Thank you much. I think I have a great machine and now I can take
proper care of it too.

Joffrey