Old 24-03-2004, 03:45 AM
Allan Adler

Default lids for styrofoam coffee cups

It's easy to buy styrofoam coffee cups. For example, practically every
supermarket sells them. I haven't found any place that sells the plastic
lids to these cups. Where does one get them?

Ignorantly,
Allan Adler

* *
* Disclaimer: I am a guest and *not* a member of the MIT Artificial *
* Intelligence Lab. My actions and comments do not reflect *
* in any way on MIT. Moreover, I am nowhere near the Boston *
* metropolitan area. *
* *

Old 24-03-2004, 04:00 AM
Edwin Pawlowski

"Allan Adler" wrote in message

It's easy to buy styrofoam coffee cups. For example, practically every
supermarket sells them. I haven't found any place that sells the plastic
lids to these cups. Where does one get them?

Ignorantly,
Allan Adler

Good question! You never see them in the supermarkets and other retail
outlets. Try a wholesale distributor. Problem is, you'll have to buy a case
and that could be a few thousand lids. You could ask the owner of the local
coffee shop to sell you a sleeve of them.

I know they are carried by the restaurant supply houses and paper goods
suppliers. If you want a case, you can call Butler-Deardon in Worcester MA
as you are not too far from them.
Ed

Old 25-03-2004, 10:08 PM
Stryjewski

Allan,

Try a Sam's Club or Costco. Of course as someone else pointed out
you'll have 1000, but the price is probably less than $10.

Pete

Old 25-03-2004, 11:35 PM
Melba's Jammin'

Allan Adler wrote:
It's easy to buy styrofoam coffee cups. For example, practically every
supermarket sells them. I haven't found any place that sells the
plastic
lids to these cups. Where does one get them?

Ignorantly,
Allan Adler

Paper Warehouse. Party City. The like.
--
-Barb, www.jamlady.eboard.com updated 3-23-04.
Rec.food.cooking's Preserved Fruit Administrator (I've got