FoodBanter.com

-   Cooking Equipment (https://www.foodbanter.com/cooking-equipment/)
-   -   lids for styrofoam coffee cups (https://www.foodbanter.com/cooking-equipment/7863-lids-styrofoam-coffee-cups.html)

Allan Adler 24-03-2004 03:45 AM

lids for styrofoam coffee cups

It's easy to buy styrofoam coffee cups. For example, practically every
supermarket sells them. I haven't found any place that sells the plastic
lids to these cups. Where does one get them?

Ignorantly,
Allan Adler

* *
* Disclaimer: I am a guest and *not* a member of the MIT Artificial *
* Intelligence Lab. My actions and comments do not reflect *
* in any way on MIT. Moreover, I am nowhere near the Boston *
* metropolitan area. *
* *

Edwin Pawlowski 24-03-2004 04:00 AM

"Allan Adler" > wrote in message

> It's easy to buy styrofoam coffee cups. For example, practically every
> supermarket sells them. I haven't found any place that sells the plastic
> lids to these cups. Where does one get them?
>
> Ignorantly,
> Allan Adler

Good question! You never see them in the supermarkets and other retail
outlets. Try a wholesale distributor. Problem is, you'll have to buy a case
and that could be a few thousand lids. You could ask the owner of the local
coffee shop to sell you a sleeve of them.

I know they are carried by the restaurant supply houses and paper goods
suppliers. If you want a case, you can call Butler-Deardon in Worcester MA
as you are not too far from them.
Ed

Stryjewski 25-03-2004 10:08 PM

lids for styrofoam coffee cups

Allan,

Try a Sam's Club or Costco. Of course as someone else pointed out
you'll have 1000, but the price is probably less than $10.

Pete

Melba's Jammin' 25-03-2004 11:35 PM

lids for styrofoam coffee cups

> Allan Adler wrote:
> > It's easy to buy styrofoam coffee cups. For example, practically every
> > supermarket sells them. I haven't found any place that sells the
> > plastic
> > lids to these cups. Where does one get them?
> >
> > Ignorantly,
> > Allan Adler

Paper Warehouse. Party City. The like.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 3-23-04.
Rec.food.cooking's Preserved Fruit Administrator (I've got