FoodBanter.com

-   Cooking Equipment (https://www.foodbanter.com/cooking-equipment/)
-   -   Waring Pro fryer at Sam's (https://www.foodbanter.com/cooking-equipment/78599-waring-pro-fryer-sams.html)

[email protected] 08-01-2006 10:50 PM

Waring Pro fryer at Sam's

Hello all,

I posted this same question yesterday but it hasn't shown in the group
so I'll try again.

Sam's club is selling a Waring Pro deep fryer that seems to have the
same specs as the DF200, but it has a different model number (some
letters and the number 300) and is selling for only 79 dollars.

Does anybody know if this is equivalent to the DF200?

Thanks!

Vox Humana 09-01-2006 03:14 PM

Waring Pro fryer at Sam's

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hello all,
>
> I posted this same question yesterday but it hasn't shown in the group
> so I'll try again.
>
> Sam's club is selling a Waring Pro deep fryer that seems to have the
> same specs as the DF200, but it has a different model number (some
> letters and the number 300) and is selling for only 79 dollars.
>
> Does anybody know if this is equivalent to the DF200?

I don't know the specific answer. There are two things to consider. First,
manufactures sometimes put different model numbers on items sold at the big
box stores like Sam's or Home Depot to foil the price-matching polices that
many retailers have. That way Macy's doesn't have to match Sam's price
because the model number doesn't match. The second consideration is that
retailers like Wal-Mart and Home Depot have items made to their
specifications to reduce the price. Sometime the differences are obvious
(fewer features, different materials used, and sometimes you can't tell.
Also, the big box stores sometimes will offer a special package deal that
includes extras that aren't normally packaged with products sold in other
stores.

[email protected] 11-01-2006 01:46 AM

Waring Pro fryer at Sam's

Thanks for the reply. Anyone else know if there are any deficiencies in
the Sam's version?