T.T.

Default about 24 inch Electric Double Wall Oven - consumer reports ??

Hi, our old GE electric double wall oven just died not too long ago
and we are in the market to shop for a new one. Does anyone has any
experice with the Maytag brand wall ovens?? Is it durable and
reliable? We are thinking of buying the Maytag (model# CWE5800ACE,
Sears item#: 02229142000) from sears.com, but I can't find any
consumer reports articles or online product reviews about this model.
If anyone has a consumer reports buying guide handy, could you please
post some of the editor's choices "electric double wall oven"
brandnames and model# for references (24" model), thanks!

Here is the model's spec:
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...=specs#tablink
Dan O.

>T.T. wrote
>
>our old GE electric double wall oven just died not
>too long ago and we are in the market to shop
>for a new one.

I hope you were planning on doing some remodeling at the same time?

JFYI. Finding a replacement wall oven (or other built-in appliance)
which will fit into the exact same size *cutout* as the original,
older model is difficult (if not impossible sometimes). What may be
required in altering of the cabinet it is installed into.

Purchasing a brand made by the same manufacturer as the original is
the best bet for not having to do any/many alterations to the
installation.

BTW. Is your original one not reparable or do you just want a new one?

Dan O.
-
Appliance411.com
http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=+GE+oven

=Ð~~~~~~

Rich Greenberg

In article >,
T.T. > wrote:
>Hi, our old GE electric double wall oven just died not too long ago
>and we are in the market to shop for a new one. Does anyone has any
>experice with the Maytag brand wall ovens?? Is it durable and
>reliable? We are thinking of buying the Maytag (model# CWE5800ACE,
>Sears item#: 02229142000) from sears.com, but I can't find any
>consumer reports articles or online product reviews about this model.
>If anyone has a consumer reports buying guide handy, could you please
>post some of the editor's choices "electric double wall oven"
>brandnames and model# for references (24" model), thanks!

I have exactly that model of Maytag oven sitting in a box in my garage.
I bought it thru HH Gregg. I don't know how good or bad it is, it was
the ONLY 24' double electric oven I or HH Gregg could find. My original
24' double oven is dying. The new one will (hopefully) be installed
tomorrow. Ask me in a few weeks.

--
Rich Greenberg Work: Rich.Greenberg atsign worldspan.com + 1 770 563 6656
N6LRT Marietta, GA, USA Play: richgr atsign panix.com + 1 770 321 6507
Dan O.

>Rich Greenberg wrote in message ...
>
>I have exactly that model of Maytag oven sitting
>in a box in my garage. I bought it thru HH Gregg.
>I don't know how good or bad it is, it was the
>ONLY 24' double electric oven I or HH Gregg
>could find.

A bit late now but you can see a number of different brands of 24"
double wall ovens at the following link.

http://ng.appliance411.com/data.php?srch=24+double+oven

JFYI

Dan O.
-
Appliance411.com
http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=built-in+ovens

=Ð~~~~~~

My original
>24' double oven is dying. The new one will (hopefully) be installed
>tomorrow. Ask me in a few weeks.
>
>--
>Rich Greenberg Work: Rich.Greenberg atsign worldspan.com + 1 770

563 6656
>N6LRT Marietta, GA, USA Play: richgr atsign panix.com + 1 770

321 6507
>Eastern time zone. I speak for myself & my dogs only. VM'er

since CP-67
>Canines:Val(Chinook,CGC,TT), Red & Shasta(Husky,(RIP))

Owner:Chinook-L
>Atlanta Siberian Husky Rescue. www.panix.com/~richgr/ Asst

Owner:Sibernet-L