Wayne Boatwright

Default Gas Refrigerators?

We're thinking of buying a cabin in the woods. There is no electricity
available and I do not want a generator to take care of. I know there are
a variety of propane-fueled refrigerators on the market and most are quite
expensive. Does anyone have experience with any of these?

There's no problem in selecting a gas range without electric starters, and
there's an artesian well on the property with enough pressure to bring
water into the house, albeit, not normal water pressure.

If we can solve the refrigerator issue, we'll be on our way.

Thanks,
Wayne
paula

we have a small fridge/freezer that runs off bottled gas and it has
proven to be invaluable over the years.it also runs off electricity
and a car lighter too. we used it to go camping all over Europe for
about seven years and now we use it to keep the beer and wine cold for
the summer barbies. was a very good buy.
Joe Doe

In article >, Wayne
Boatwright > wrote:

> We're thinking of buying a cabin in the woods. There is no electricity
> available and I do not want a generator to take care of. I know there are
> a variety of propane-fueled refrigerators on the market and most are quite
> expensive. Does anyone have experience with any of these?
>
> There's no problem in selecting a gas range without electric starters, and
> there's an artesian well on the property with enough pressure to bring
> water into the house, albeit, not normal water pressure.
>
> If we can solve the refrigerator issue, we'll be on our way.
>
> Thanks,
> Wayne

Try calling Lehmans Non Electric (they cater to the amish). They may be
able to refer you to customers.

see:
http://www.lehmans.com/shopping/prod...d=refrigerator

Roland
Andrew Hardy

Wayne Boatwright > wrote:

>If we can solve the refrigerator issue, we'll be on our way.

Go to your local RV dealer. They probably can help you out with refrigeration.
We rented an RV with gas refrigeration some years ago...and as I recall it did
ok...but don't believe that it made ice.

Wayne Boatwright

Andrew Hardy > wrote in
:

> Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
>

>>If we can solve the refrigerator issue, we'll be on our way.

> Go to your local RV dealer. They probably can help you out with
> refrigeration. We rented an RV with gas refrigeration some years
> ago...and as I recall it did ok...but don't believe that it made ice.

Yes, an RV dealer might be a good reference point. Actually, the full size
refrigerators do indeed make ice, although not with an "ice-maker".

From what I understand, many of them are multi-fuel; e.g., propane,
kerosene, electricity, etc.

Thanks,
Wayne
LET

You can look at them at almost any large RV store. They come in a wide
variety of sizes, and as you've already noted, they are somewhat expensive.
Good luck.
"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
. ..
> We're thinking of buying a cabin in the woods. There is no electricity
> available and I do not want a generator to take care of. I know there are
> a variety of propane-fueled refrigerators on the market and most are quite
> expensive. Does anyone have experience with any of these?
>
> There's no problem in selecting a gas range without electric starters, and
> there's an artesian well on the property with enough pressure to bring
> water into the house, albeit, not normal water pressure.
>
> If we can solve the refrigerator issue, we'll be on our way.
>
> Thanks,
> Wayne

speaking of refrigerators..... Jude General Cooking 12 26-09-2006 02:48 AM
If you had two refrigerators...... Goomba38 General Cooking 63 07-07-2006 04:20 AM
Refrigerators MareCat General Cooking 2 12-06-2006 04:35 AM
Refrigerators JoeSpareBedroom General Cooking 19 11-06-2006 04:25 PM
Refrigerators JoeSpareBedroom General Cooking 0 09-06-2006 06:23 PM