Nancy Young

Default Electric Cheese Grater

The Heap wrote:

> Nancy Young > wrote in message >...
> > Dan Williams wrote:
> >
> > > Not sure if any of them are electric though, but some look easier to use
> > > than the usual cheese graters i've mauled by hand on before!

> > Oh, and note that many of them look like the Salad Shooter I
> > pointed out, except they are manual. You're welcome.
> >
> > nancy

> For God's sake Qwerty, do you just want people to agree with you or do
> you own stock in Salad Shooter. Thank you.
>
> The Heap

Hey, I was criticized when I tried to help out the guy. Then he
thanks you and implies that no one else tried to help him. I was
offended. Why on earth you got on my case, I haven't the vaguest
idea, but ... whatever ... as they say.

nancy
congokid

In message >, June Hughes
> writes

><g> Still willing to meet at 1pm (or 1.10 even better), Wed 28 Jan -
>I'll buy you a coffee if you like. (Not trying to chat you up but
>would love to meet you). Costa coffee is the nearest to Robt Dyas, I
>think. Let me know. Old biddy wearing equally old Burberry mac or red
>padded coat if the snow really takes a hold

Can't make tomorrow! I have a client meeting in Paddington from 11 and
it's bound to drag on, plus the tube will probably collapse while I'm
getting back. Possibly Thursday?

>PS I met Susie around 5 or 6 years ago and we went for a pie and a
>pint at the pub in High Holborn - near the tobacconist's in the Tudor
>building.

I thought originally Cittie of Yorke, but the Tudor building is across
the road and I'm sure doesn't have a pub in it.

--
congokid
Good restaurants in London? Number one on Google
Dan Williams

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 08:24:41 -0500, Nancy Young wrote:

> Hey, I was criticized when I tried to help out the guy. Then he
> thanks you and implies that no one else tried to help him. I was
> offended. Why on earth you got on my case, I haven't the vaguest
> idea, but ... whatever ... as they say.
>
> nancy

Don't get me wrong, i appreciate everyones replies. There just seems to be
a lot of other private conversations going on in this thread!!

And i have taken a look at the Salad Shooter, and it does appear to be my
only viable option, assuming i can get hold of one in the UK.

Thanks again

Dan
Dave Fawthrop

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 20:29:11 +0000 (UTC), Dan Williams
> wrote:

| Don't get me wrong, i appreciate everyones replies. There just seems to be
| a lot of other private conversations going on in this thread!!

It is called thread drift, which *always* happens, and is a feature of
usenet. There is nothing anyone can do about it.
Nancy Young

Dan Williams wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 08:24:41 -0500, Nancy Young wrote:
>

> > Hey, I was criticized when I tried to help out the guy. Then he
> > thanks you and implies that no one else tried to help him. I was
> > offended. Why on earth you got on my case, I haven't the vaguest
> > idea, but ... whatever ... as they say.

> Don't get me wrong, i appreciate everyones replies. There just seems to be
> a lot of other private conversations going on in this thread!!

(laugh!) Welcome to rec.food.cooking. But in this thread all I said
was there is this Salad Shooter thing. I didn't expect to be on the
receiving end of hostility when I most certainly was not hostile.
Electric cheese grater, that's what came to mind, Salad Shooter.

> And i have taken a look at the Salad Shooter, and it does appear to be my
> only viable option, assuming i can get hold of one in the UK.
>
> Thanks again

You're very welcome, Dan, good luck on your search. I do have to say
that the manual ones with the handle looked pretty easy to use, but
obviously it's up to you.

nancy

June Hughes

In message >, congokid
> writes
>In message >, June Hughes
> writes
>
>><g> Still willing to meet at 1pm (or 1.10 even better), Wed 28 Jan -
>>I'll buy you a coffee if you like. (Not trying to chat you up but
>>would love to meet you). Costa coffee is the nearest to Robt Dyas, I
>>think. Let me know. Old biddy wearing equally old Burberry mac or red
>>padded coat if the snow really takes a hold

>Can't make tomorrow! I have a client meeting in Paddington from 11 and
>it's bound to drag on, plus the tube will probably collapse while I'm
>getting back. Possibly Thursday?
>
>>PS I met Susie around 5 or 6 years ago and we went for a pie and a
>>pint at the pub in High Holborn - near the tobacconist's in the Tudor
>>building.

>I thought originally Cittie of Yorke, but the Tudor building is across
>the road and I'm sure doesn't have a pub in it.

No, it is further down than that. Opposite the Pru , near MacDonalds or
some such place. Does pies. Can't remember the name. Don't know why I
said the Tudor building. Very unobservant.
--
June Hughes
congokid

In message >, June Hughes
> writes
>In message >, congokid
> writes

>>I thought originally Cittie of Yorke, but the Tudor building is across
>>the road and I'm sure doesn't have a pub in it.
>>

>No, it is further down than that. Opposite the Pru , near MacDonalds
>or some such place. Does pies. Can't remember the name. Don't know
>why I said the Tudor building. Very unobservant.

Probably The Melton Mowbray then, a Fuller's Ale and Pie pub I believe
(from http://www.beerintheevening.com/).

--
congokid
Good restaurants in London? Number one on Google
http://congokid.com
zxcvbob

Nancy Young wrote:
> Dan Williams wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 08:24:41 -0500, Nancy Young wrote:
>>

>>>Hey, I was criticized when I tried to help out the guy. Then he
>>>thanks you and implies that no one else tried to help him. I was
>>>offended. Why on earth you got on my case, I haven't the vaguest
>>>idea, but ... whatever ... as they say.

>>Don't get me wrong, i appreciate everyones replies. There just seems to be
>>a lot of other private conversations going on in this thread!!

> (laugh!) Welcome to rec.food.cooking. But in this thread all I said
> was there is this Salad Shooter thing. I didn't expect to be on the
> receiving end of hostility when I most certainly was not hostile.
> Electric cheese grater, that's what came to mind, Salad Shooter.

Isn't the whole concept of an "electric cheese grater" kind of silly?
Whoever heard of electric cheese?

Best regards,
Bob
BOB

zxcvbob wrote:
> Nancy Young wrote:
>> Dan Williams wrote:

>>> Don't get me wrong, i appreciate everyones replies. There just seems to be
>>> a lot of other private conversations going on in this thread!!

>> (laugh!) Welcome to rec.food.cooking. But in this thread all I said
>> was there is this Salad Shooter thing. I didn't expect to be on the
>> receiving end of hostility when I most certainly was not hostile.
>> Electric cheese grater, that's what came to mind, Salad Shooter.
>>

> Isn't the whole concept of an "electric cheese grater" kind of silly?
> Whoever heard of electric cheese?
>
> Best regards,
> Bob

Wasn't that the name of a band in the '60s?

BOB

June Hughes

In message >, congokid
> writes
>In message >, June Hughes
> writes
>>In message >, congokid
> writes

>>>I thought originally Cittie of Yorke, but the Tudor building is
>>>across the road and I'm sure doesn't have a pub in it.
>>>

>>No, it is further down than that. Opposite the Pru , near MacDonalds
>>or some such place. Does pies. Can't remember the name. Don't know
>>why I said the Tudor building. Very unobservant.

>Probably The Melton Mowbray then, a Fuller's Ale and Pie pub I believe
>(from http://www.beerintheevening.com/).

That's the one.
--
June Hughes

Dan Williams

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 18:37:10 -0600, zxcvbob wrote:

> Isn't the whole concept of an "electric cheese grater" kind of silly?
> Whoever heard of electric cheese?
>
> Best regards,
> Bob

Thats the worst joke of ever heard.

Worse than 'A dyslexic man walks into a bra...'

Dan
Kate Dicey

Dan Williams wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 18:37:10 -0600, zxcvbob wrote:
>
> > Isn't the whole concept of an "electric cheese grater" kind of silly?
> > Whoever heard of electric cheese?
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Bob

> Thats the worst joke of ever heard.
>
> Worse than 'A dyslexic man walks into a bra...'
>
> Dan

As a dyslexic woman, I walk into those quite often... ;P
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Dan Williams

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 11:21:24 +0000, Kate Dicey wrote:

> As a dyslexic woman, I walk into those quite often... ;P

Lucky you! (i think?)

--

Thanks in advance

Dan Williams
Abso

On 22/01/2004 at 22:37:03, June Hughes typed:

> In message >, Kate
> Dicey > writes
> > Dan Williams wrote:
> >
> >> I was wondering if there was anything smaller than a full size food
> >> processor, made just for grating cheese.
> > >
> >> By the time i've got it out the cupboard, put the right attachment

> on to >> it, i could have done the job by hand.
> >
> > Keep it out on the work surface! Mine lives out, along with the
> > kettle and the Bamix. The Toaster lives in the cupboard...
> >

> Wish I could. Work surface is tiny. (Kitchen around 8'6" at most by
> 6' --

AOL. Mine's 8' x 6' but I reckon I'll squeeze a FP in once I get round
to buying one. It can live where the unused deep fryer presently
lingers with intent to remind me of money wasted.

--
Abso [at] ukrm [dot] net - Ignore header email address

The uk.people.consumers.ebay FAQ is at www.upce.org.uk

I went to buy some camouflage trousers the other day but I couldn't
find any.
Kate Dicey

Abso wrote:

> On 22/01/2004 at 22:37:03, June Hughes typed:
>
> > In message >, Kate
> > Dicey > writes

> > on to >> it, i could have done the job by hand.
> > >
> > > Keep it out on the work surface! Mine lives out, along with the
> > > kettle and the Bamix. The Toaster lives in the cupboard...
> > >

> > Wish I could. Work surface is tiny. (Kitchen around 8'6" at most by
> > 6' --

> AOL. Mine's 8' x 6' but I reckon I'll squeeze a FP in once I get round
> to buying one. It can live where the unused deep fryer presently
> lingers with intent to remind me of money wasted.
>
> --
> Abso [at] ukrm [dot] net - Ignore header email address
>
> The uk.people.consumers.ebay FAQ is at www.upce.org.uk
>
> I went to buy some camouflage trousers the other day but I couldn't
> find any.

My deep fat fryer lives out in the 'very useful once in a blue moon'
cupboard these days, though it once got use fairly frequently. For
chips, I use oven chips (low fat ones), but just now and again there are
things you cannot cook that way - like those deep fried milk dumpling
things the Indians do...
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Abso

On 28/01/2004 at 20:48:23, Kate Dicey typed:

> Abso wrote:
> >
> > On 22/01/2004 at 22:37:03, June Hughes typed:
> >
> > > In message >, Kate
> > > Dicey > writes

> > > food >> processor, made just for grating cheese.

> > > attachment on to >> it, i could have done the job by hand.

> > > Wish I could. Work surface is tiny. (Kitchen around 8'6" at
> > > most by 6' --

> > AOL. Mine's 8' x 6' but I reckon I'll squeeze a FP in once I get
> > round to buying one. It can live where the unused deep fryer
> > presently lingers with intent to remind me of money wasted.

<snip my sig>

> My deep fat fryer lives out in the 'very useful once in a blue moon'
> cupboard these days, though it once got use fairly frequently. For
> chips, I use oven chips (low fat ones), but just now and again there
> are things you cannot cook that way - like those deep fried milk
> dumpling things the Indians do...

Regretfully, there are loads of things which might be useful on
occasion which I refrain from buying as, with such a small kitchen, I
must be ruthless.. A mandoline certainly falls into that category.

--
Abso [at] ukrm [dot] net - Ignore header email address

The uk.people.consumers.ebay FAQ is at www.upce.org.uk

"Words can be powerful things. Sometimes the letter H can attract
Helicopters." Milton Jones.
congokid

In message >, Kate Dicey
> writes

>My deep fat fryer lives out in the 'very useful once in a blue moon'
>cupboard these days, though it once got use fairly frequently. For
>chips, I use oven chips (low fat ones), but just now and again there are
>things you cannot cook that way - like those deep fried milk dumpling
>things the Indians do...

Can you do tempura in them? Weekend before last we did a load of veg, as
well as fresh prawns and scallops, for dinner after seeing Jamie O doing
them on telly not long before.

The best was the sweet potato and the mushrooms.

Tonight we had freshly made chunky vegetable soup, then steamed salmon
fillets with salad.

--
congokid
Good restaurants in London? Number one on Google
http://congokid.com
Kate Dicey

Abso wrote:

> Regretfully, there are loads of things which might be useful on
> occasion which I refrain from buying as, with such a small kitchen, I
> must be ruthless.. A mandoline certainly falls into that category.

This was a present many years ago - about 20! As it IS occasionally
useful, and me ma give it me, and I do have the overspill space, it
stays. Many other far less useful items have gone!

With a sharp knife, and a food processor for vast quantities, I've never
felt the need for a mandolin - and way too much potential for me to
slice a bit of finger into the dinner!

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Kate Dicey

congokid wrote:

> Can you do tempura in them? Weekend before last we did a load of veg, as
> well as fresh prawns and scallops, for dinner after seeing Jamie O doing
> them on telly not long before.

Yep - I did that once in the days when I still ate fried thing. Long
gone now.. Like the gall bladder! I make very occasional exceptions to
fried food, but do need to be careful.

> The best was the sweet potato and the mushrooms.

Yumm!

> Tonight we had freshly made chunky vegetable soup, then steamed salmon
> fillets with salad.

To me that sounds much nicer than the fried stuff! The fish kettle
gets a lot more use than the fryer!

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Dave Fawthrop

On 28 Jan 2004 21:14:51 GMT, "Abso" > wrote:

| Regretfully, there are loads of things which might be useful on
| occasion which I refrain from buying as, with such a small kitchen, I
| must be ruthless.. A mandoline certainly falls into that category.

Our mandolin, Borner, with chip and thin chips blades is very well used,
and merits space on the *wall*, which puts it in the came category as the
the coffee jar.

Dave F