Bob Sisson

Default Are there any NON-Side-by Refers with Water in Door?

I want water and Ice in my door, which typically means a side-by-side.

My Wife wants a Freezer below for space and efficiency.

Is there such a thing as a Freezer below with water in the Door?
(Ice obviously would need to be in the drawer below)

--

Remove VERMIN to reply

Bob Sisson
Keeper of the Dragon and other things at Redwall

http://www.SissonFamily.com/bob

Vox Humana

"Bob Sisson" > wrote in message
m...
> I want water and Ice in my door, which typically means a side-by-side.
>
> My Wife wants a Freezer below for space and efficiency.
>
> Is there such a thing as a Freezer below with water in the Door?
> (Ice obviously would need to be in the drawer below)

Amana, GE (profile), KitchenAid, JennAir, Maytag, Kenmore,and Whirlpool
brands all offer bottom freezer refrigerators, but I have never seen one
with water in the door. You can check the websites for these manufacturers
to double check. Each manufacturers hosts a website featuring their entire
line of appliances.

Cliff Hartle

I have never seen water in the door with bottom freezer models, but I have
seen bottom and top freezer units with water dispensers inside the frig
compartment.

"Bob Sisson" > wrote in message
m...
> I want water and Ice in my door, which typically means a side-by-side.
>
> My Wife wants a Freezer below for space and efficiency.
>
> Is there such a thing as a Freezer below with water in the Door?
> (Ice obviously would need to be in the drawer below)
>
> --
>
> Remove VERMIN to reply
>
> Bob Sisson
> Keeper of the Dragon and other things at Redwall
>
> http://www.SissonFamily.com/bob

Doug Reynolds

We bought a GE Profile over/under with the freezer on top (not inexpensive)
about 6 years ago with ice & water in the door. The water wasn't cold and
when I checked the manual it said something like "Water is not chilled. If
you want cold water please add ice". Turned out there was no water holding
tank in the refrigerator so what we got was essentially room temperature
water. The dealer read the manual, said he'd never heard of such a thing
and wondered, as we had, what kind of idiot would design a water dispenser
with no tank for chilling the water. Fortunately he picked up the unit and
replaced it with a side by side from another manufacturer at no charge.
So...before you buy any water-in-door refigerator check to see that the
water will be cold.

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" > wrote in message
> In article > ,
> "Bob Sisson" > wrote:
>
> > I want water and Ice in my door, which typically means a side-by-side.
> >
> > My Wife wants a Freezer below for space and efficiency.
> >
> > Is there such a thing as a Freezer below with water in the Door?

> Hmmmmm. I've never seen one. It's unlikely, because you'd have to
> stoop down to get the ice and water.
>
> I have a GE upper/lower with freezer on top, and it has ice and water in
> the door.
>
> Ice and water in the door is not limited to side by side units at all.

Gini

"Doug Reynolds" > wrote in message
> We bought a GE Profile over/under with the freezer on top (not

inexpensive)
> about 6 years ago with ice & water in the door. The water wasn't cold and
> when I checked the manual it said something like "Water is not chilled.

If
> you want cold water please add ice". Turned out there was no water

holding
> tank in the refrigerator so what we got was essentially room temperature
> water. The dealer read the manual, said he'd never heard of such a thing
> and wondered, as we had, what kind of idiot would design a water dispenser
> with no tank for chilling the water. Fortunately he picked up the unit

and
> replaced it with a side by side from another manufacturer at no charge.

==
Would you mind sharing the manufacturer of the replacement unit that does
have
a tank for chilling the water? (I've never seen one with chilled water
through the door.)
==
==
> So...before you buy any water-in-door refigerator check to see that the
> water will be cold.
>
> "Elmo P. Shagnasty" > wrote in message
> > In article > ,
> > "Bob Sisson" > wrote:
> >
> > > I want water and Ice in my door, which typically means a side-by-side.
> > >
> > > My Wife wants a Freezer below for space and efficiency.
> > >
> > > Is there such a thing as a Freezer below with water in the Door?

> > Hmmmmm. I've never seen one. It's unlikely, because you'd have to
> > stoop down to get the ice and water.
> >
> > I have a GE upper/lower with freezer on top, and it has ice and water in
> > the door.
> >
> > Ice and water in the door is not limited to side by side units at all.

Doug Reynolds

The replacement was a Whirlpool. I believe most manufacturers provide
chilled water, at least in their side-by-sides. A quick web search shows
Whirlpool, Maytag, GE, Amana and Samsung.

"Gini" > wrote in message

> "Doug Reynolds" > wrote in message
> > We bought a GE Profile over/under with the freezer on top (not

> inexpensive)
> > about 6 years ago with ice & water in the door. The water wasn't cold

and
> > when I checked the manual it said something like "Water is not chilled.

> If
> > you want cold water please add ice". Turned out there was no water

> holding
> > tank in the refrigerator so what we got was essentially room temperature
> > water. The dealer read the manual, said he'd never heard of such a

thing
> > and wondered, as we had, what kind of idiot would design a water

dispenser
> > with no tank for chilling the water. Fortunately he picked up the unit

> and
> > replaced it with a side by side from another manufacturer at no charge.

> ==
> Would you mind sharing the manufacturer of the replacement unit that does
> have
> a tank for chilling the water? (I've never seen one with chilled water
> through the door.)
> ==
> ==
> > So...before you buy any water-in-door refigerator check to see that the
> > water will be cold.
> >
> > "Elmo P. Shagnasty" > wrote in message

side-by-side.

> > > Hmmmmm. I've never seen one. It's unlikely, because you'd have to
> > > stoop down to get the ice and water.
> > >
> > > I have a GE upper/lower with freezer on top, and it has ice and water

in
> > > the door.
> > >
> > > Ice and water in the door is not limited to side by side units at all.

Vox Humana

"Doug Reynolds" > wrote in message
> We bought a GE Profile over/under with the freezer on top (not

inexpensive)
> about 6 years ago with ice & water in the door. The water wasn't cold and
> when I checked the manual it said something like "Water is not chilled.

If
> you want cold water please add ice". Turned out there was no water

holding
> tank in the refrigerator so what we got was essentially room temperature
> water. The dealer read the manual, said he'd never heard of such a thing
> and wondered, as we had, what kind of idiot would design a water dispenser
> with no tank for chilling the water. Fortunately he picked up the unit

and
> replaced it with a side by side from another manufacturer at no charge.
> So...before you buy any water-in-door refigerator check to see that the
> water will be cold.

That's the same with my Amana. It says that it is a water dispenser, not a
water cooler. I seldom use the water dispenser but I do like the ice
dispenser.

sd

In article > ,
"Bob Sisson" > wrote:

> Is there such a thing as a Freezer below with water in the Door?

I just saw a print ad for the LG bottom-freezer; sure enough, it has a
water dispenser in the door. It's at their Web site:
<http://us.lge.com/products/models/LRDC22743.html>

sd
BonnieJean

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> sd > wrote:
>
> > I just saw a print ad for the LG bottom-freezer; sure enough, it has a
> > water dispenser in the door. It's at their Web site:
> > <http://us.lge.com/products/models/LRDC22743.html>

> Ice in the door, I can see. You keep your kids' grubby hands out of the
> ice tray.
>
> Water in the door, by itself, I don't see. It doesn't make any sense.
> Usually there's not enough space to get anything but a thimble-sized
> juice glass in there, and if you want your water cold...well, grab a
> couple ice cubes.

The LG link that sd provided shows that you can put a gallon jug in the
water dispenser. It looks like a nice refrigerator.

BonnieJean

yep, you're right. sorry.