Jeremy Jones

Default Cast Iron Burner (LP Grill) Question

I have a LP grill which has a cast iron burner. A portion of the
burner has become "stopped up" so that the flames only come out of a
portion. Just recently flames have also begun to come out of the
tubes at the handles. I believe the flames coming from the handles is
a result of the obstructions in the burner which I believe may be
rust. Is it possible to remove this rust, or would it be better to
purchase a new burner. If purchasing a new burner is the best
solution, which burner should I get. I would rather not go with
original parts, since this grill is slightly more than a year old and
is already having problems. Thanks!

jeremy jones
Gregory H.A. Welch

Jeremy Jones wrote:

> I have a LP grill which has a cast iron burner. A portion of the
> burner has become "stopped up" so that the flames only come out of a
> portion. Just recently flames have also begun to come out of the
> tubes at the handles. I believe the flames coming from the handles is
> a result of the obstructions in the burner which I believe may be
> rust. Is it possible to remove this rust, or would it be better to
> purchase a new burner. If purchasing a new burner is the best
> solution, which burner should I get. I would rather not go with
> original parts, since this grill is slightly more than a year old and
> is already having problems. Thanks!
>
> jeremy jones

Before you go out and buy a new one, take a piece of broom straw from
your broom and stick it in the burner (with gas off) and move it around
a bit. I found that the burner on my gas grill was simply clogged with
a spider web--you might try doing this from different angles, etc.
Cheaper than a new burner if your problem is spider webs.

PAX!
Greg