carol

Default major appliances for kitchen

I'm getting dizzy from investigating appliances. I'm currently
interested in the Thermador dual range with built-in down draft
ventilation. It's the 30" drop-in model. Does anyone know anything
about the quality of this brand? Also, what about Whirlpool
side-by-side refrigerators? I'm looking at counter width models. How
are they for quality and noise?

Carol
Betty-Anne Purdy

You can get excellent ideas from a web site I came across for not only
appliances, but anything you can think of. Check out Epinions.com.
Betty-Anne
"carol" > wrote in message
m...
> I'm getting dizzy from investigating appliances. I'm currently
> interested in the Thermador dual range with built-in down draft
> ventilation. It's the 30" drop-in model. Does anyone know anything
> about the quality of this brand? Also, what about Whirlpool
> side-by-side refrigerators? I'm looking at counter width models. How
> are they for quality and noise?
>
> Carol

I have no problems with the Thermador CEP456ZB 45" Black Ceramic Electric
Cooktop, but I have had 10 ( I think my count is correct) service calls on
our 27" Black Double Convection Oven C272UB and finally a factory
replacement since it's installation at the end of April 2003, and now having
used the new replacement 4 times, I am getting another error of F33. I am
waiting for the repair person to come Tuesday.

I wish there was someplace to see repair records on these items.

"carol" > wrote in message
m...
> I'm getting dizzy from investigating appliances. I'm currently
> interested in the Thermador dual range with built-in down draft
> ventilation. It's the 30" drop-in model. Does anyone know anything
> about the quality of this brand? Also, what about Whirlpool
> side-by-side refrigerators? I'm looking at counter width models. How
> are they for quality and noise?
>
> Carol

Wayne Boatwright

"S" > wrote in
:

> I have no problems with the Thermador CEP456ZB 45" Black Ceramic
> Electric Cooktop, but I have had 10 ( I think my count is correct)
> service calls on our 27" Black Double Convection Oven C272UB and
> finally a factory replacement since it's installation at the end of
> April 2003, and now having used the new replacement 4 times, I am
> getting another error of F33. I am waiting for the repair person to
> come Tuesday.
>
> I wish there was someplace to see repair records on these items.

By my observation, it seems the greatest number of appliance failures (and
need for repair) are on the higher-end appliances.

Most of the old standbys just seem to go on and on.

I'll gladly keep my Frigidaire, Whirlpool, Maytag, etc., and replace with
same.

Wayne