FoodBanter.com

-   Cooking Equipment (https://www.foodbanter.com/cooking-equipment/)
-   -   Tilia FoodSaver parts (https://www.foodbanter.com/cooking-equipment/76672-tilia-foodsaver-parts.html)

[email protected] 16-12-2005 12:37 AM

Tilia FoodSaver parts

It appears that the Tilia line of food vacs are throwaway items.
They'll give you some % off a new unit ... or possibly repair/replace
with a remanufactured unit for $50 .. if you're lucky.

Does anyone know of a third party supplier of parts for the Tilia
FoodSaver line of food vacs? Sometimes the dinkiest item can prompt
the 'throwaway' option. What a waste!

Vox Humana 16-12-2005 12:44 AM

Tilia FoodSaver parts

wrote in message
oups.com...
It appears that the Tilia line of food vacs are throwaway items.
They'll give you some % off a new unit ... or possibly repair/replace
with a remanufactured unit for $50 .. if you're lucky.

Does anyone know of a third party supplier of parts for the Tilia
FoodSaver line of food vacs? Sometimes the dinkiest item can prompt
the 'throwaway' option. What a waste!

You might look for one in a thrift store and use it for parts.

[email protected] 16-12-2005 03:41 AM

Tilia FoodSaver parts

I was hoping that someone, somewhere, has cataloged and inventoried
parts from such sources. In our area ... I've rarely seen and Tilia's
on the shelf.

limey 18-12-2005 01:51 AM

Tilia FoodSaver parts

wrote in message
oups.com...
I was hoping that someone, somewhere, has cataloged and inventoried
parts from such sources. In our area ... I've rarely seen and Tilia's
on the shelf.

Dee, was this the Foodsaver you recently bought? Has something gone wrong
with it so soon? Is there a warranty of some type?

Dora

Matthew L. Martin 18-12-2005 01:52 PM

Tilia FoodSaver parts

limey wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

I was hoping that someone, somewhere, has cataloged and inventoried
parts from such sources. In our area ... I've rarely seen and Tilia's
on the shelf.

Dee, was this the Foodsaver you recently bought? Has something gone wrong
with it so soon? Is there a warranty of some type?

They made me a very similar offer when I called about repairs for an out
of warranty sealer. They refused to sell parts (all I needed is a length
of Teflon coated fiberglass tape) for home repair citing "liability". In
the end, I bought a Sinbo and gave one to each of my children, too.

Matthew

--
What if you arrived at the fountain of youth, only to find dead toddlers
floating in the pond? -- John O on AFB

Vox Humana 18-12-2005 04:25 PM

Tilia FoodSaver parts

"Matthew L. Martin" wrote in message
limey wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

I was hoping that someone, somewhere, has cataloged and inventoried
parts from such sources. In our area ... I've rarely seen and Tilia's
on the shelf.

Dee, was this the Foodsaver you recently bought? Has something gone

wrong
with it so soon? Is there a warranty of some type?

They made me a very similar offer when I called about repairs for an out
of warranty sealer. They refused to sell parts (all I needed is a length
of Teflon coated fiberglass tape) for home repair citing "liability". In
the end, I bought a Sinbo and gave one to each of my children, too.

You should have said so. The medical/dental industry has used heat sealer
for year. We use them to seal pouches of instruments before they go into
the autoclave. You can buy the Teflon tape from a dental supply house.

Take a look he
http://www.theheatsealers.com/?gclid...FTF9JAodzjQBCg

They have kits with heating elements and Teflon cloth (tape) starting at
$4.00

Bryan 29-03-2006 06:07 PM

Tilia FoodSaver parts

I e-mailed Tilia about my Pro II apparently losing vacuum through the seals.
It took a few days, but here's the reply:

"If your FoodSaver machine is outside the 1-year warranty, there is a $1.00
charge for each item, plus $2.95 shipping and handling, and any applicable
tax. If your FoodSaver machine is still inside its 1-year warranty, there is
no charge.

Please contact our Customer Service department toll-free at the number
listed below to place this order. Payment can be made using your Visa,
MasterCard, Discover, or American Express. Upon payment, you can expect to
receive your order within 2 - 3 weeks.

Our Customer Service department offers a full array of FoodSaver machines
and accessories. Accessories include FoodSaver pre-cut bags, rolls of bag
material, universal lids, jar sealers, bottle stoppers, and canisters. If
you would like to purchase a FoodSaver machine or additional accessories, or
if we can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Our toll free number is 1-800-777-5452. Our hours are 8 am - 8 pm Monday
through Friday, and 9 am - 6 pm Saturday, Eastern Time."

So they offer some parts atleast, and maybe it depends on the model. I have
a Pro II that I think was $200+ new, maybe the cheap $50 ones are
"disposable".

oups.com...

[email protected] 04-10-2017 11:13 PM

Tilia FoodSaver parts

On Thursday, December 15, 2005 at 4:37:12 PM UTC-8, wrote:
It appears that the Tilia line of food vacs are throwaway items.
They'll give you some % off a new unit ... or possibly repair/replace
with a remanufactured unit for $50 .. if you're lucky.

Does anyone know of a third party supplier of parts for the Tilia
FoodSaver line of food vacs? Sometimes the dinkiest item can prompt
the 'throwaway' option. What a waste!

I'm looking to replace the teflon heat strip 15" X3/8" Ebay won't send it to Canada and its exactly what I need. I called FoodSaver Customer Service Support 1-800-777-5452 and they told me its time to buy a new machine. They don't have replacement parts.

[email protected] 26-10-2018 11:40 PM

Tilia FoodSaver parts

On Sunday, December 18, 2005 at 8:52:44 AM UTC-5, Matthew L. Martin wrote:
limey wrote:
oups.com...

try here http://www.elementsandmore.com/foodsaverparts