david blumberg

Default frigidaire gas cooktops?

hi,

anyone have experience with the 36" frigidaire gas cooktops?

(example at
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tegory=20 712)

I can't find any reviews or opinions online. I like the burner placement...

also looking at similarly configured Dacor (costs twice as much).

I am interested in function and reliability more than status and cache,
but I wouldn't reject the hi end cooktops if they were really better
products. The latest Consumer reports ratings, for instance, puts
Viking at the bottom...

thanks for any suggestions,

david

Gini

"david blumberg" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> hi,
>
> anyone have experience with the 36" frigidaire gas cooktops?

==
It's woefully underpowered. I can't imagine how they get "professional" out
of a 13k btu
"power" burner. It will be even less if it's field converted to propane.
==
==

Peter

David,

I have a DCS 6 top (4 burners + 12" wide griddle) that I am very happy
with. You might want to check it out. The issue I have with the stove
you are looking at is the size/spacing of the burners. I think it
would work if you cook small most of the time, but I really like the
12" burners on my stove.

YMMV, Hope this helps.

Peter

Snippage...