Ablang

Default Pizzazz pizza oven experiences?

Would anyone care to share their Pizzazz pizza oven experiences?
What's a good price to pay? Is this something you could recommend to
others in favor over oven baking?

http://www.gopresto.com/products/pro...hp?stock=03430

Pizzazz® pizza oven

A revolutionary pizza oven that provides pizzeria quality at home! As it
revolves, it cooks fresh, frozen, regular, or rising crust pizza right
before your eyes. Special RotoBake™ technology assures great tasting pizza
every time. With no preheating necessary, the Pizzazz® pizza oven takes
frozen pizza from "freezer to pizzeria perfect" in minutes. Bake pizza the
way you want, because you adjust the settings. Make toppings as bubbly and
crusts as crispy as you like. It's ideal for any kind of pizza - regular,
rising crust, take-and-bake, and deli pizza. Heating elements shut of at
the end of cooking time and the timer signals the pizza is ready. Removable
nonstick baking pan provides easy cleanup and compact storage. 1-year
limited warranty. 120 volts AC, 1235 watts.

STOCK NO. 03430

--
Hilary Duff is America's Sweetheart & an international HeartBreaker.

"FAILING = Finding An Important Lesson, Inviting Needed Growth" -- Gary
Busey

Mark Thorson

Ablang wrote:

> Would anyone care to share their Pizzazz pizza oven experiences?
> What's a good price to pay? Is this something you could recommend to
> others in favor over oven baking?
>
> http://www.gopresto.com/products/pro...hp?stock=03430

I don't know anything about this machine, but it costs
half as much on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...17457?v=glance

Frankly, I doubt it does a good job. I don't doubt
that the top of the pizza gets nicely cooked and
the cheese crispy from the radiant heat, but I suspect
the crust may be less satisfactory. Even a conventional
oven does a lousy job on the crust, unless you have a
pizza stone to get the crust right. An unconventional
device like this looks even less likely to produce a
good result.

OTOH, the reviews of this product on Amazon are
so glowing, I'd be tempted to buy one if I weren't
on a low-carb diet. (Lost 40 lbs this year!)

Gar

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 03:40:09 +0000 (UTC), Ablang
> wrote:

> Would anyone care to share their Pizzazz pizza oven experiences?

NO

RUN ALONG NOW SPAMMER.

POOF,,,,,,,,,YOU'RE GONE.
occupant

?
> What's a good price to pay? Is this something you could recommend to
> others in favor over oven baking?
> =

> http://www.gopresto.com/products/pro...?stock=3D03430
> =

> Pizzazz=AE pizza oven
> =

> A revolutionary pizza oven that provides pizzeria quality at home! =

Wrong. only high temperature and pizza stone offer a chance of a decent
pizza =

in a regular oven. This is not even close.

> As it
> revolves, it cooks fresh, frozen, regular, or rising crust pizza right
> before your eyes. =

Of course it doesn't tell you the temperate that it operates at.

Special RotoBake=99 technology assures great tasting pizza
> every time. =

great tasting pizza is based on the mixing of ingredients. Texture and
other considerations are based on the cooking. =

> With no preheating necessary, the Pizzazz=AE pizza oven takes
> frozen pizza from "freezer to pizzeria perfect" in minutes. =

If 20,000 dollar pizza ovens need preheating, your home oven needs
preheating of
at least an hour to get a proper crust and cooking times of 10 to 15
minutes, how can this
gadget do it in minutes.

> Bake pizza the
> way you want, because you adjust the settings. Make toppings as bubbly =

and
> crusts as crispy as you like. It's ideal for any kind of pizza - regula=

r,
> rising crust, take-and-bake, and deli pizza. Heating elements shut of a=

> the end of cooking time and the timer signals the pizza is ready. Remov=

able
> nonstick baking pan provides easy cleanup and compact storage. 1-year
> limited warranty. 120 volts AC, 1235 watts.
> =

So now we find out it is a toaster oven with a coated pan that is going
to cook your
pizza. No worries. Just use your toaster oven or regular oven and
place a coated pan with a pizza in it
and turn it on and see what it does to your pizza. Like this gadget,
you can bake it the way you want
because you control the settings. =

> =

> STOCK NO. 03430
> =

> --
> Hilary Duff is America's Sweetheart & an international HeartBreaker.
> =

> "FAILING =3D Finding An Important Lesson, Inviting Needed Growth" -- Ga=

ry
> Busey

Jack Schidt®

"Ablang" > wrote in message
> Would anyone care to share their Pizzazz pizza oven experiences?
> What's a good price to pay? Is this something you could recommend to
> others in favor over oven baking?
>
> http://www.gopresto.com/products/pro...hp?stock=03430
>
> Pizzazz® pizza oven

If this is such a great idea, why don't pizza joints use them? A. Cuz it's
not such a great idea. It's your counter space, but I vote no.

Jack Gimmick

Curly Sue

Try here for opinions from people who actually use them:

http://www.epinions.com/content_9187266180

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 03:40:09 +0000 (UTC), Ablang
> wrote:

> Would anyone care to share their Pizzazz pizza oven experiences?
>What's a good price to pay? Is this something you could recommend to
>others in favor over oven baking?
>
>http://www.gopresto.com/products/pro...hp?stock=03430
>
>Pizzazz® pizza oven

Sue(tm)
Nancy Young

"Jack Schidt®" wrote:

> If this is such a great idea, why don't pizza joints use them? A. Cuz it's
> not such a great idea. It's your counter space, but I vote no.

I was thinking, maybe it would be useful in a dorm? Who else would
buy that?

nancy
Charles Demas

In article >,
Curly Sue > wrote:
>Try here for opinions from people who actually use them:
>
>http://www.epinions.com/content_9187266180

But those are the opinions of those stupid enough to have bought one.

Yes, I think it's a stupid product, and that people that buy them
are wasting their money if they bought it to make great pizza.

I might have bought one when I was working as an engineer in
computer control of commercial cooking ovens, but that would have
been out of intellectual curiosity.

If it has a thermostat to control the electric heat, then IIRC,
Underwriters Laboratory requires that the highest setting be
500 degrees F. That's too low for great pizza.

Chuck Demas

--
Eat Healthy | _ _ | Nothing would be done at all,
Stay Fit | @ @ | If a man waited to do it so well,
| \___/ | http://world.std.com/~cpd
DRB

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> "Jack Schidt®" wrote:
>
> > If this is such a great idea, why don't pizza joints use them? A. Cuz

it's
> > not such a great idea. It's your counter space, but I vote no.

> I was thinking, maybe it would be useful in a dorm? Who else would
> buy that?
>
> nancy

I would buy that some might find it useful for a dorm, but my recommendation
for dorm-dwellers is to go for a small--as in can be hid under a bed or in
closet-- toaster oven instead. I lived in the dorms for four years, and my
toaster oven was one of my favorite gadgets. "Illegal", yes, but I could
make so much more in it than in a microwave alone.

Curly Sue

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 20:13:12 +0000 (UTC), (Charles
Demas) wrote:

>In article >,
>Curly Sue > wrote:
>>Try here for opinions from people who actually use them:

http://www.epinions.com/content_9187266180

>But those are the opinions of those stupid enough to have bought one.

Nice guy!

>Yes, I think it's a stupid product, and that people that buy them
>are wasting their money if they bought it to make great pizza.
>
>I might have bought one when I was working as an engineer in
>computer control of commercial cooking ovens, but that would have
>been out of intellectual curiosity.

Let's see... for them it's stupidity, for you it's intellectual
curiousity?

>If it has a thermostat to control the electric heat, then IIRC,
>Underwriters Laboratory requires that the highest setting be
>500 degrees F. That's too low for great pizza.
>

>Chuck Demas

Well that would mean that most people couldn't make pizza at home.
Fortunately, you're wrong.

Sue(tm)

Charles Demas

In article >,
Curly Sue > wrote:
>On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 20:13:12 +0000 (UTC), (Charles
>Demas) wrote:
>
>>In article >,
>>Curly Sue > wrote:
>>>Try here for opinions from people who actually use them:

http://www.epinions.com/content_9187266180

>>But those are the opinions of those stupid enough to have bought one.

>Nice guy!

Yup.

>>Yes, I think it's a stupid product, and that people that buy them
>>are wasting their money if they bought it to make great pizza.
>>
>>I might have bought one when I was working as an engineer in
>>computer control of commercial cooking ovens, but that would have
>>been out of intellectual curiosity.

>Let's see... for them it's stupidity, for you it's intellectual
>curiousity?

Yeah, and for me it would be deductable as a business expense.

>>If it has a thermostat to control the electric heat, then IIRC,
>>Underwriters Laboratory requires that the highest setting be
>>500 degrees F. That's too low for great pizza.

>Well that would mean that most people couldn't make pizza at home.
>Fortunately, you're wrong.

First, I said great pizza. Second, you can obviously make pizza
at higher than 500 degrees F using a gas or charcoal grille and
a pizza stone.

So, not only are you wrong, but you've shown you can't read or think.

Stop embarassing yourself.

Chuck Demas

--
Eat Healthy | _ _ | Nothing would be done at all,
Stay Fit | @ @ | If a man waited to do it so well,
Die Anyway | v | That no one could find fault with it.
| \___/ | http://world.std.com/~cpd
Curly Sue

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 23:38:54 +0000 (UTC), (Charles
Demas) wrote:

>In article >,
>Curly Sue > wrote:
>>On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 20:13:12 +0000 (UTC),
(Charles
>>Demas) wrote:

http://www.epinions.com/content_9187266180

>>>But those are the opinions of those stupid enough to have bought one.

>>Nice guy!

>Yup.
>

>>>Yes, I think it's a stupid product, and that people that buy them
>>>are wasting their money if they bought it to make great pizza.
>>>
>>>I might have bought one when I was working as an engineer in
>>>computer control of commercial cooking ovens, but that would have
>>>been out of intellectual curiosity.

>>Let's see... for them it's stupidity, for you it's intellectual
>>curiousity?

>Yeah, and for me it would be deductable as a business expense.
>

>>>If it has a thermostat to control the electric heat, then IIRC,
>>>Underwriters Laboratory requires that the highest setting be
>>>500 degrees F. That's too low for great pizza.

>>Well that would mean that most people couldn't make pizza at home.
>>Fortunately, you're wrong.

>First, I said great pizza. Second, you can obviously make pizza
>at higher than 500 degrees F using a gas or charcoal grille and
>a pizza stone.
>
>So, not only are you wrong, but you've shown you can't read or think.
>
>Stop embarassing yourself.

You're totally clueless. Oh, I forgot, you're an engineer; it's
deductible on your tax return.

Sue(tm)