Skeeter

Default Bosch dishwashers

Anyone have any comments on repair historys and support? I am about to take
the plunge and want to get any last minute thoughts on their reliability and
how I will be treated if it does break down.
Thanks

Gini

"Skeeter" > wrote in message
> Anyone have any comments on repair historys and support? I am about to

take
> the plunge and want to get any last minute thoughts on their reliability

and
> how I will be treated if it does break down.
> Thanks

==
I have had the SHU6800 series unit for about a year +. No problems yet. I
suggest you by
your dishwasher from Sears unless you have a trusted local dealer.
==
==

Peter Aitken

"Skeeter" > wrote in message
> Anyone have any comments on repair historys and support? I am about to

take
> the plunge and want to get any last minute thoughts on their reliability

and
> how I will be treated if it does break down.
> Thanks

We've had one for 5 years without a single problem. Nice and quiet, too.
Like any DW you need to learn its idiosyncracies - where to put what, how
much soap to put in, and so on. I'd buy one again.

--
Peter Aitken

sd

In article >,
"Skeeter" > wrote:

> Anyone have any comments on repair historys and support?

My mom was living in a place with a four-year-old Bosch d/w that had not
required any service at all. Worked just like day one.

sd
wayne

Cleaning the strainer is no big deal at all. One of the things that I liked
about it was that at least I knew what size particles was going thru. With
other dishwasher with a grinder you don't get to see what is going thru
because it either gets ground up or gets the hold thing clogged!

One thing I didn't like was the inability to turn the dryer off. When I
moved and redid the kitchen I purchased a Kitchen Aid Superba. Not quite as
quiet but not noisy either. It seems to clean as well and did cost a bit
less.

I would not hesitate to recommend a Bosch Dishwasher I had mine for 2 years
before I moved!

I have had the Kitchen Aid for about 1 1/2 years

Wayne

"Thomas A Bruno" > wrote in message
> in article , Skeeter at

> wrote on 12/6/03 6:33 PM:
>
> > Anyone have any comments on repair historys and support? I am about to

take
> > the plunge and want to get any last minute thoughts on their reliability

and
> > how I will be treated if it does break down.
> > Thanks
> >

> While you are at it, I would love to hear from Bosch dishwasher owners
> whether the strainer-basket is a nuisance?
>
> I understand that Kitchen-Aid has a traditional food particle grinder to

get
> rid of chunks but the Bosch has a basket which needs to be cleaned out

from
> time to time.
>
> The salesman I was speaking with said that is why the Bosch can be so

quiet,
> no food grinder.
>
> Is the basket-strainer cleaning a hassle?
>
> --
>
> Thomas A. Bruno, Champaign, Illinois, USA

http://www.tombruno.com

Art Todesco

Older KitchenAid DWs didn't have a grinder .... they had a
rather large screen/filter and it had to be cleaned. Again,
it was no big deal, although we usually get rid of big food
chunks. We used to clean it when it looked bad, maybe once
every few months. I think eventually some of the larger
particles would soften from the hot water and soaps and then
pass through. I now have a KitchenAide with a grinder and I
really don't notice any difference, except that there is no
filter/screen in the new one. I think the Kitchenaid DWs have
gotten just average in quality. The older ones were great; I've
had Kitchenaids since 1971. I think if I ever have to replace
one, I might try Bosch or one of the other high end brands.

Thomas A Bruno wrote:
> in article , Skeeter at
> wrote on 12/6/03 6:33 PM:
>

>>Anyone have any comments on repair historys and support? I am about to take
>>the plunge and want to get any last minute thoughts on their reliability and
>>how I will be treated if it does break down.
>>Thanks
>>

> While you are at it, I would love to hear from Bosch dishwasher owners
> whether the strainer-basket is a nuisance?
>
> I understand that Kitchen-Aid has a traditional food particle grinder to get
> rid of chunks but the Bosch has a basket which needs to be cleaned out from
> time to time.
>
> The salesman I was speaking with said that is why the Bosch can be so quiet,
> no food grinder.
>
> Is the basket-strainer cleaning a hassle?

Dick M.

Our Bosch Model SHU4008 has heat dry, but no way
to turn it off. My wife doesn't like to use heat dry, so
we have to remember to stop the dishwasher after the
rinse cycle every time. I wonder if it would be very
difficult to get inside and disconnect the heater.
Dick

Peter Aitken

"Dick M." > wrote in message
> Our Bosch Model SHU4008 has heat dry, but no way
> to turn it off. My wife doesn't like to use heat dry, so
> we have to remember to stop the dishwasher after the
> rinse cycle every time. I wonder if it would be very
> difficult to get inside and disconnect the heater.
> Dick

Are you sure? My understanding is that no Bosch has a heated dry - it is the
residual heat of the dishes that dries them. THis is one reason why they are
so energy efficient.

--
Peter Aitken

sd

In article >,
Thomas A Bruno > wrote:

> Is the basket-strainer cleaning a hassle?

Nope. Ours most typically caught labels from jars we were washing.
Apparently the glue on the jar is water-soluble, but the paper is not.
We probably cleaned the filter every 6-8 weeks. No biggie.

sd
Joe

One of the things I like about our Bosch is the fact that it has a strainer
instead of a food grinder. Think about it -- what would happen to your
grinder if a piece of plate or a glass broke and fell into your grinder?
You probably would have a big repair bill on your hands. We always scrape
our plates off before putting them into the dishwasher.
My 2 cents worth.

"sd" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> Thomas A Bruno > wrote:
>
> > Is the basket-strainer cleaning a hassle?

> Nope. Ours most typically caught labels from jars we were washing.
> Apparently the glue on the jar is water-soluble, but the paper is not.
> We probably cleaned the filter every 6-8 weeks. No biggie.
>
> sd

Gini

"Joe" > wrote in message
> One of the things I like about our Bosch is the fact that it has a

strainer
> instead of a food grinder. Think about it -- what would happen to your
> grinder if a piece of plate or a glass broke and fell into your grinder?
> You probably would have a big repair bill on your hands.

==
Exactly--This is my pet peeve with dealers who claim that the lack of a
grinder and having to
empty a filter is a negative for the Bosch dishwasher. However, units with
grinders are
not only noisey, they eventually clog and re-deposit particles on the
dishes. Having a filter
that can be manually emptied is good design for utility and noise reduction.
==
We always scrape
> our plates off before putting them into the dishwasher.
> My 2 cents worth.
>

> "sd" > wrote in message
> > In article >,
> > Thomas A Bruno > wrote:
> >
> > > Is the basket-strainer cleaning a hassle?

> > Nope. Ours most typically caught labels from jars we were washing.
> > Apparently the glue on the jar is water-soluble, but the paper is not.
> > We probably cleaned the filter every 6-8 weeks. No biggie.
> >
> > sd

Dan O.

>Joe wrote in message ...
>
>Think about it -- what would happen to your
>grinder if a piece of plate or a glass broke
>and fell into your grinder? You probably would
>have a big repair bill on your hands.

So it's better to allow it to get to the plastic pump impeller so it
can get damaged?

BTW. It happens all the time, pieces of broken glass gets into the
pump and create a horrendous noise until cleaned. Damage usually only
occurs when the obvious signs of a problem are ignored and the
dishwasher is continued to be used in that condition.

JFYI. The "food grinders" used in most dishwasher are nothing like
what you might imagine is in a real food waster disposal. One model
just used a wire spinning around on the end of the pump impeller,
another used a flat metal disk thinner than a dime. Both are more a
"chopper" than a "grinder" and on some models are called a
"macerator".

You can see the one used on GE dishwasher models at the following
link. The macerator is the small "S" shaped thingy. The large, white,
solid disk is the pump impeller.

GE Dishwasher Pump Seal and Impeller Kit
http://ng.appliance411.com/data.php?rc=966683

JFYI

Dan O.
-
Appliance411.com
http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=+dishwashers

=Ð~~~~~~

Jon Endres, PE

"Gini" > wrote in message

> "Thomas A Bruno" > wrote in message
> > in article , Skeeter at

> > wrote on 12/6/03 6:33 PM:
> >
> > > Anyone have any comments on repair historys and support? I am about

> take
> > > the plunge and want to get any last minute thoughts on their

reliability
> and
> > > how I will be treated if it does break down.
> > > Thanks
> > >

> > While you are at it, I would love to hear from Bosch dishwasher owners
> > whether the strainer-basket is a nuisance?
> >
> > I understand that Kitchen-Aid has a traditional food particle grinder to

> get
> > rid of chunks but the Bosch has a basket which needs to be cleaned out

> from
> > time to time.
> >
> > The salesman I was speaking with said that is why the Bosch can be so

> quiet,
> > no food grinder.
> >
> > Is the basket-strainer cleaning a hassle?

> ==
> Not at all--takes a few seconds a couple times a month. Salesmen seem to

use
> this as
> "negative" but in fact, it is preferable to a grinder. The grinder is loud
> and eventually
> clogs with particles and is hard, if not impossible to clean. I had a
> Kenmore with a grinder
> and will never have another DW with one. With the Kenmore, there was no

way
> to clean
> the grinder after it began depositing food particles back on my dishes.
> ==
> >
> > --
> >
> > Thomas A. Bruno, Champaign, Illinois, USA

http://www.tombruno.com

I hate my Kitchenaid dishwasher - it deposits all those particles that the
grinder doesn't dispose of, right back inside all the glassware on the upper
rack. I will never own another one with a grinder. Next DW will be a
Bosch.

Jon E

Art Begun

I don't think it is the issue of grinder versus filter that causes the
re-deposit of particles. Newer dishwasher stop for a while mid cycle
to let particles settle and pump them out. Then they continue in the
cycle.

Also make sure you are using a powered (not gel or liquid) detergent
with enzymes.

"Jon Endres, PE" t>
wrote in message
news

> "Gini" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Thomas A Bruno" > wrote in message
> > > in article , Skeeter at

about
> > take

> reliability
> > and
> > > >

> > > While you are at it, I would love to hear from Bosch dishwasher

owners
> > > whether the strainer-basket is a nuisance?
> > >
> > > I understand that Kitchen-Aid has a traditional food particle

grinder to
> > get
> > > rid of chunks but the Bosch has a basket which needs to be

cleaned out
> > from
> > > time to time.
> > >
> > > The salesman I was speaking with said that is why the Bosch can

be so
> > quiet,
> > > no food grinder.
> > >
> > > Is the basket-strainer cleaning a hassle?

> > ==
> > Not at all--takes a few seconds a couple times a month. Salesmen

seem to
> use
> > this as
> > "negative" but in fact, it is preferable to a grinder. The grinder

is loud
> > and eventually
> > clogs with particles and is hard, if not impossible to clean. I

had a
> > Kenmore with a grinder
> > and will never have another DW with one. With the Kenmore, there

was no
> way
> > to clean
> > the grinder after it began depositing food particles back on my

dishes.
> > ==
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > Thomas A. Bruno, Champaign, Illinois, USA

http://www.tombruno.com

> I hate my Kitchenaid dishwasher - it deposits all those particles

that the
> grinder doesn't dispose of, right back inside all the glassware on

the upper
> rack. I will never own another one with a grinder. Next DW will be

> Bosch.
>
> Jon E

Dick M.

What brands would be like that?
Dick

"Art Begun"wrote
> Also make sure you are using a powered (not gel or liquid) detergent
> with enzymes.

Art Begun

Cascade Complete powder has enzymes and was top rated. Consumer
Reports also said Walmart powder was good and rated a best buy because
it was cheap.

"Dick M." > wrote in message
> What brands would be like that?
> Dick
>

> "Art Begun"wrote
> > Also make sure you are using a powered (not gel or liquid)

detergent
> > with enzymes.

Dick M.

I should have mentioned that we have a water softener and
need a low phosphate detergent. I wonder if either of these
brands are low phosphate?
Dick

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Art Begun" wrote
> Cascade Complete powder has enzymes and was top rated. Consumer
> Reports also said Walmart powder was good and rated a best buy because
> it was cheap.
>

> "Dick M." wrote
> > What brands would be like that?
> > Dick
> >

> > "Art Begun"wrote
> > > Also make sure you are using a powered (not gel or liquid)
> >>detergent with enzymes.

Michael Lee

We have had a Bosch for the past 8 years. We have not had any problems with
it. So as far as service customer service, I can't answer that question.

Suprisingly enough, one of the biggest problems I have with it, is that it
is so darn quiet. There have been a couple of times, when I open the door to
put in a dirty glass, only to have water and steam spew out at me because it
was running! Really! Maybe a big flashing red light or something...

As far as the food particle basket, in 8 years, we may have had to empty it
once or twice, but on a whole, it stays clean. Now we do a brief rinse of
the plates before we put them in the dishwasher, nothing major, just to
knock off the big chunks.

I would definately get another one if this one ever wears out.
--
Shalom!
Mike -n- Sue Clymer

"Jon Endres, PE" t> wrote in
message news

> "Gini" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Thomas A Bruno" > wrote in message
> > > in article , Skeeter at

> > take

> reliability
> > and
> > > >

> > > While you are at it, I would love to hear from Bosch dishwasher owners
> > > whether the strainer-basket is a nuisance?
> > >
> > > I understand that Kitchen-Aid has a traditional food particle grinder

> > get
> > > rid of chunks but the Bosch has a basket which needs to be cleaned out

> > from
> > > time to time.
> > >
> > > The salesman I was speaking with said that is why the Bosch can be so

> > quiet,
> > > no food grinder.
> > >
> > > Is the basket-strainer cleaning a hassle?

> > ==
> > Not at all--takes a few seconds a couple times a month. Salesmen seem to

> use
> > this as
> > "negative" but in fact, it is preferable to a grinder. The grinder is

loud
> > and eventually
> > clogs with particles and is hard, if not impossible to clean. I had a
> > Kenmore with a grinder
> > and will never have another DW with one. With the Kenmore, there was no

> way
> > to clean
> > the grinder after it began depositing food particles back on my dishes.
> > ==
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > Thomas A. Bruno, Champaign, Illinois, USA

http://www.tombruno.com

> I hate my Kitchenaid dishwasher - it deposits all those particles that the
> grinder doesn't dispose of, right back inside all the glassware on the

upper
> rack. I will never own another one with a grinder. Next DW will be a
> Bosch.
>
> Jon E

Gini

"Michael Lee" > wrote in message
> We have had a Bosch for the past 8 years. We have not had any problems

with
> it. So as far as service customer service, I can't answer that question.
>
> Suprisingly enough, one of the biggest problems I have with it, is that it
> is so darn quiet. There have been a couple of times, when I open the door

> put in a dirty glass, only to have water and steam spew out at me because

it
> was running! Really! Maybe a big flashing red light or something...

==
This is why I got the unit with the outside panel/display rather than the
one hidden on top of the door. Mine does have an in use display. Is doesn't
flash but it is red
==

> As far as the food particle basket, in 8 years, we may have had to empty

it
> once or twice, but on a whole, it stays clean. Now we do a brief rinse of
> the plates before we put them in the dishwasher, nothing major, just to
> knock off the big chunks.
>
> I would definately get another one if this one ever wears out.
> --
> Shalom!
> Mike -n- Sue Clymer
>

> "Jon Endres, PE" t> wrote

in
> message news

about
> > > take

> > reliability
> > > and

owners

grinder
> > > get

out
> > > from

so
> > > quiet,

> > > ==
> > > Not at all--takes a few seconds a couple times a month. Salesmen seem

> > use
> > > this as
> > > "negative" but in fact, it is preferable to a grinder. The grinder is

> loud
> > > and eventually
> > > clogs with particles and is hard, if not impossible to clean. I had a
> > > Kenmore with a grinder
> > > and will never have another DW with one. With the Kenmore, there was

no
> > way
> > > to clean
> > > the grinder after it began depositing food particles back on my

dishes.
> > > ==

http://www.tombruno.com

> > I hate my Kitchenaid dishwasher - it deposits all those particles that

the
> > grinder doesn't dispose of, right back inside all the glassware on the

> upper
> > rack. I will never own another one with a grinder. Next DW will be a
> > Bosch.
> >
> > Jon E

Art Begun

You would probably just fill the detergent holder half way or less.
Today's dishwasher need much less detergent then they used to.

"Dick M." > wrote in message
> I should have mentioned that we have a water softener and
> need a low phosphate detergent. I wonder if either of these
> brands are low phosphate?
> Dick
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> "Art Begun" wrote
> > Cascade Complete powder has enzymes and was top rated. Consumer
> > Reports also said Walmart powder was good and rated a best buy

because
> > it was cheap.
> >

> > "Dick M." wrote
> > > What brands would be like that?
> > > Dick
> > >

> > > "Art Begun"wrote

Art Begun

Maytag says the same thing about the need to leave dishes dirty.

My parents just got a Bosch. The only thing I don't like about it is
the top rack doesn't have many "stuck up" wires to hold dishes in
place like other brands.

"Java Man (Espressopithecus)" > wrote in message
ble.net...
> In article >,
> says...
> > We have had a Bosch for the past 8 years. We have not had any

problems with
> > it. So as far as service customer service, I can't answer that

question.

> > Suprisingly enough, one of the biggest problems I have with it, is

that it
> > is so darn quiet. There have been a couple of times, when I open

the door to
> > put in a dirty glass, only to have water and steam spew out at me

because it
> > was running! Really! Maybe a big flashing red light or

something...

> > As far as the food particle basket, in 8 years, we may have had to

empty it
> > once or twice, but on a whole, it stays clean. Now we do a brief

rinse of
> > the plates before we put them in the dishwasher, nothing major,

just to
> > knock off the big chunks.
> >

> Note that the Bosch service people told us NOT to rinse the dishes
> before loading, but only SCRAPE with a spatula. They claim that
> leaving food residue on the dishes helps because without something
> else to work on, the detergent will attack the finish on dishes.
> They claim scraping rather than rinsing prolongs the life of glasses
> and china.
>
> I haven't been doing it long enough to know whether this is true.
>
> Rick

Dan O.

>Jon Endres, PE wrote in message ...
>

>I hate my Kitchenaid dishwasher - it deposits all
>those particles that the grinder doesn't dispose
>of, right back inside all the glassware on the upper
>rack. I will never own another one with a grinder.

Sounds more like you have a problem with yours that needs looking
into. Possible causes are an improperly installed drain hose or a
problem in the pump's "check valve".

I would suggest you put $100 into having a *professional* look into it
for you rather than spending $800+ on a new dishwasher.

JMO

Dan O.
-
Appliance411.com
http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=K...Aid+dishwasher

=Ð~~~~~~

Dan O.

>> "Java Man (Espressopithecus)" wrote
>>
>> Note that the Bosch service people told us NOT
>> to rinse the dishes before loading, but only
>> SCRAPE with a spatula. They claim that
>> leaving food residue on the dishes helps
>> because without something else to work on, the
>> detergent will attack the finish on dishes. They
>> claim scraping rather than rinsing prolongs the
>> life of glasses and china.

>Art Begun wrote in message ...
>
>Maytag says the same thing about the need
>to leave dishes dirty.

If the dishwasher detergent doesn't have material to act upon, it will
cause 'etching' of glasses and other material. Always *scrape* large
food particles into the garbage or food waste disposal but don't
*rinse* them under a tap.

Dan O.
-
Appliance411.com
http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=+dishwashers

=Ð~~~~~~

Gini

"Dan O." > wrote in message

> >> "Java Man (Espressopithecus)" wrote
> >>
> >> Note that the Bosch service people told us NOT
> >> to rinse the dishes before loading, but only
> >> SCRAPE with a spatula. They claim that
> >> leaving food residue on the dishes helps
> >> because without something else to work on, the
> >> detergent will attack the finish on dishes. They
> >> claim scraping rather than rinsing prolongs the
> >> life of glasses and china.

> >Art Begun wrote in message ...
> >
> >Maytag says the same thing about the need
> >to leave dishes dirty.

> If the dishwasher detergent doesn't have material to act upon, it will
> cause 'etching' of glasses and other material. Always *scrape* large
> food particles into the garbage or food waste disposal but don't
> *rinse* them under a tap.
>
> Dan O.

==
So we should not use the "Rinse and Hold" feature, either? I don't use it
often
but have on occasion.
==
> -
> Appliance411.com
> http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=+dishwashers
>
> =Ð~~~~~~

The Cook

Default Dishwasher problems

I find the comments about glass etching, etc. strange. I have been
using dishwashers for about 40 years. I have owned GE, KitchenAid and
Bosch. I have almost always used Cascade detergent. I have never had
any glass or china etch. I put most of my pot and pans in too. I do
not put crystal in the dishwasher. Pyrex no longer makes the painted
bowls and have not for many years. I believe that when dishwashers
became prevalent in the kitchen, they realized that their paints would
not stand up to the detergents and quit using them.

I rinse the dishes before they go in and my husband still thinks that
they have to be almost washed beforehand. And as I said, no etching.

And as far as wet plastic, it beats the hell out of melted plastic.

--
Susan N.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who do not.
Art Begun

Better if you don't but if the dishwasher smells like a garbage can
you don't have much choice. Rinse and hold is better choice than
rinsing dishes under the sink according to Consumer Reports.

"Gini" > wrote in message

> > >Art Begun wrote in message ...
> > >
> > >Maytag says the same thing about the need
> > >to leave dishes dirty.

> > If the dishwasher detergent doesn't have material to act upon, it

will
> > cause 'etching' of glasses and other material. Always *scrape*

large
> > food particles into the garbage or food waste disposal but don't
> > *rinse* them under a tap.
> >
> > Dan O.

> ==
> So we should not use the "Rinse and Hold" feature, either? I don't

use it
> often
> but have on occasion.
> ==
> > -
> > Appliance411.com
> > http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=+dishwashers
> >
> > =Ð~~~~~~

Vox Humana

"The Cook" > wrote in message
> I find the comments about glass etching, etc. strange. I have been
> using dishwashers for about 40 years. I have owned GE, KitchenAid and
> Bosch. I have almost always used Cascade detergent. I have never had
> any glass or china etch. I put most of my pot and pans in too. I do
> not put crystal in the dishwasher. Pyrex no longer makes the painted
> bowls and have not for many years. I believe that when dishwashers
> became prevalent in the kitchen, they realized that their paints would
> not stand up to the detergents and quit using them.
>
> I rinse the dishes before they go in and my husband still thinks that
> they have to be almost washed beforehand. And as I said, no etching.
>
> And as far as wet plastic, it beats the hell out of melted plastic.

I have experienced etching in all my dishwashers. From what I have read, it
is caused by using too much detergent. I have a water softener, and I have
to remember not to fill the cups all the way full.

Frank Lynch

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 20:19:28 -0500, in a clarity of expression
resembling Cicero, The Cook > wrote:

>I rinse the dishes before they go in and my husband still thinks that
>they have to be almost washed beforehand. And as I said, no etching.

Check your manual: you may not need to do any rinsing at all (beyond a
good scrape of the leftovers into the trash). Our GE's manual says the
only time we need to rinse beforehand is when it's a cereal on
stoneware, everything else will come off.

Frank Lynch
The Samuel Johnson Sound Bite Page is at:
http://www.samueljohnson.com/
The Cook

Frank Lynch > wrote:

>On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 20:19:28 -0500, in a clarity of expression
>resembling Cicero, The Cook > wrote:
>
>>I rinse the dishes before they go in and my husband still thinks that
>>they have to be almost washed beforehand. And as I said, no etching.

>Check your manual: you may not need to do any rinsing at all (beyond a
>good scrape of the leftovers into the trash). Our GE's manual says the
>only time we need to rinse beforehand is when it's a cereal on
>stoneware, everything else will come off.
>
>Frank Lynch
>The Samuel Johnson Sound Bite Page is at:
>http://www.samueljohnson.com/

Since I have never had any problems with my dishwashers I see no need
to change my system. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

--
Susan N.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who do not.
Graham

"The Cook" > wrote in message
> Frank Lynch > wrote:
>
> >On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 20:19:28 -0500, in a clarity of expression
> >resembling Cicero, The Cook > wrote:
> >
> >>I rinse the dishes before they go in and my husband still thinks that
> >>they have to be almost washed beforehand. And as I said, no etching.

> >Check your manual: you may not need to do any rinsing at all (beyond a
> >good scrape of the leftovers into the trash). Our GE's manual says the
> >only time we need to rinse beforehand is when it's a cereal on
> >stoneware, everything else will come off.
> >
> >Frank Lynch
> >The Samuel Johnson Sound Bite Page is at:
> >http://www.samueljohnson.com/

> Since I have never had any problems with my dishwashers I see no need
> to change my system. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

You are obviously not a modern-day capitalist/MBA;-)
Graham

There are three types of people in the world: those who can count and those
who can't.