Old 05-12-2003, 02:26 AM
Dan W

Default Rotisserie grill experiences?

In article , Mark Thorson wrote:
wrote:

Have you checked in alt.coffee to see how the roasting gurus there
feel about the Foreman?

You can get a Fresh Roast + for about $70 for roasting green beans. Check out
sweetmarias.com for info on roasters.

_
(_) Daniel Warren, RPh
_______// Marion NY
(________) Clinical Pharmacist
\ /
| Rx |
/______\
(________)

Old 11-12-2003, 03:39 AM
Kael

Mark Thorson wrote:

The axis of the spit rod device for the Ronco rotates in
two depressions pressed into the sheet metal in the sides
of the cooking chamber. These areas must be lubricated
occasionally with fat, otherwise the machine makes a
groaning sound as the device rotates. The George Foreman
has two strips of metal bolted to the sides of the cooking
chamber to hold the rotating food holder, and seems to
require no lubrication at all. In this respect, the George
Foreman machine is a superior design. It can be annoying
when the Ronco starts groaning during the middle of
cooking something, when everything is too hot to remove
from the machine just so you can lubricate it.

I had this problem too, but found a technique/remedy that that has
worked very well for me...

I use one of those (extra purchase) kebab skewers and dip the end in
olive oil. With it, I can easily reach into the hot oven and drip the
oil onto the offending (and whiney) surfaces without burning myself -
successfully silencing that awful (somewhat bone-jarring) noise.

Other than that one complaint, though, I've found my Ronco unit to be
useful and well-built, and worth every penny I paid for it. I use it
regularly.

You did a wonderful break-down and comparison, too. Bravo and thanks for
sharing!

--
Kael, the Quirky Lady
-- take out "the dog" to reply...!

Old 14-12-2003, 05:47 PM
Kent H.

The Farberware is an excellent product. We've cooked Chickens, Duck,
Goose, and Turkey[up to about 13-14lb]. Everything stays moist. The skin
doesn't get crispy, though the duck and goose skin does somewhat related
to the fat content near the skin surface.
Yea!
Kent

Ablang wrote:

I'm pondering the purchase of a Rotisserie grill (George Foreman or
otherwise), but I want to hear people's experiences on them.

Are they really slow cookers that will eventually make your chicken
all nice and crispy, and still seal in the juices? What is a good price to
pay for one? I think I've seen combo Rotisserie grills & toaster ovens.

--
Hilary Duff is America's Sweetheart & an international HeartBreaker.

"FAILING = Finding An Important Lesson, Inviting Needed Growth" -- Gary
Busey