Skeeter

Default Gutter protectors

Has anyone had any experience with gutter protectors to help keep the leaves
out? I am building and thinking about putting in gutters with covers but
the one system I have looked at (LeafGuard) is about 12 bucks per foot of
gutter and downspout. Yikes! My two story, 2600 sf house gutter budget
went from around 1200 clams to over 2300. It only cost 60-70 bucks to pay a
guy to come out and clean them. Can't seem to justify the extra expense.
Anyone had any experience with these products and able to recommend one that
is reasonably priced and works?
Thanks
skeeter

Bubbalicious

"Skeeter" > wrote:

>Has anyone had any experience with gutter protectors to help keep the leaves
>out? I am building and thinking about putting in gutters with covers but
>the one system I have looked at (LeafGuard) is about 12 bucks per foot of
>gutter and downspout.

Try Lowe's....I installed my "screens" three years ago and haven't done anything
to them since. They work!! They come in a box of 25...each screen about 36"
wide and are a snap to install in your gutters.

Edwin Pawlowski

"Skeeter" > wrote in message
> Has anyone had any experience with gutter protectors to help keep the

leaves
> out? I am building and thinking about putting in gutters with covers but
> the one system I have looked at (LeafGuard) is about 12 bucks per foot of
> gutter and downspout. Yikes!

You may get better responses on alt.home.repair

Consensus is that they don't work anywhere near as good as they should and
are very expensive.
Ed

John Gaquin

"Skeeter" > wrote in message news:bo3fg7$1ep6

> Has anyone had any experience with gutter protectors

Unless you've got specific drainage issues around your foundation, leave the
damn gutters off. I had leaves, too, [and ice dams] til I pulled them off
about 6 years ago. A simple diverter over each doorway, and some crushed
stone around the foundation does the trick.

JG

Vox Humana

"Skeeter" > wrote in message
> Has anyone had any experience with gutter protectors to help keep the

leaves
> out? I am building and thinking about putting in gutters with covers but
> the one system I have looked at (LeafGuard) is about 12 bucks per foot of
> gutter and downspout. Yikes! My two story, 2600 sf house gutter budget
> went from around 1200 clams to over 2300. It only cost 60-70 bucks to pay

> guy to come out and clean them. Can't seem to justify the extra expense.
> Anyone had any experience with these products and able to recommend one

that
> is reasonably priced and works?
> Thanks
> skeeter

We got them for our second story gutters a few years ago. They work fine,
but the brand we got didn't conform to the end of the gutter very well.
This year the birds got under the end and built nets in the gutters. The
same thing happened to our neighbor's and he had a different brand.
Fortunately, the company that put his in had a no-clog guarantee and they
came out, cleaned out the gutters and corrected the problem on the end. The
people that did ours was out of business. So, if you do get them, try to go
with a company that has a guarantee and who has been in business for a long
time.