billydee

Default Hamburger patty press.

There was a hinged patty maker that formed a patty by pressing the top and
bottom together. I am looking for an adjustable one that would allow me to
make any size of patty I want.

TIA

Debbie Deutsch

"billydee" > wrote in

> There was a hinged patty maker that formed a patty by pressing the top
> and bottom together. I am looking for an adjustable one that would
> allow me to make any size of patty I want.
>
> TIA

This is *not* a sarcastic question. Why not form the patties by hand? If
you are looking for uniform size, you could weigh the meat as you make the
portions.

--
Anti-spam advisory: The email address used to post this article is a throw-
away address. It will be invalidated and replaced with another if and when
Wayne Boatwright

Debbie Deutsch > wrote in
. 97.132:

> "billydee" > wrote in
>
>> There was a hinged patty maker that formed a patty by pressing the
>> top and bottom together. I am looking for an adjustable one that
>> would allow me to make any size of patty I want.
>>
>> TIA
>>

> This is *not* a sarcastic question. Why not form the patties by hand?
> If you are looking for uniform size, you could weigh the meat as you
> make the portions.

Agreed... I think hamburger presses compact the meat too much and cause
the burger to be dryer than necessary.

Wayne
billydee

Zenit,

That was the exact one I was looking for. Thank you very much. I hope it
doesn't cost an arm and a leg (no pun intended) to get it to Canada.

We are presently making handmade patties for my sisters cafe. They are a
6oz. patty but the cooks have been making them too thick most times and it
ends up with more bun than burger. With the press, they will be more uniform
and consistent in size and diameter.

Thanks for your replies.

Billy Dee

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...5475&langId=-1

> <! -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- >
> zenit

Charles Demas

In article 32>,
Debbie Deutsch > wrote:
>"billydee" > wrote in
>
>> There was a hinged patty maker that formed a patty by pressing the top
>> and bottom together. I am looking for an adjustable one that would
>> allow me to make any size of patty I want.
>>
>> TIA
>>

>This is *not* a sarcastic question. Why not form the patties by hand? If
>you are looking for uniform size, you could weigh the meat as you make the
>portions.

Weigh meat, form into a ball, cover with waxed paper, hit with 28 oz
can of tomatoes.

Instant pattie. :-)

Chuck Demas

--
Eat Healthy | _ _ | Nothing would be done at all,
Stay Fit | @ @ | If a man waited to do it so well,
| \___/ | http://world.std.com/~cpd

LIMEYNO1

I use a large ice cream scoop and a metal ring that makes 1/4 and 1/8 lb
burgers. It's easy and a lot faster than the press.