Posted to rec.food.equipment
Manny and Yvonne from MYEXOTIX

Default Where to get a turkey fryer thermostat?

I know that they're available as an accessory, but all the Googling in
the world can only find me complete units. I would like to add one to
my existing set up. Any help?

Posted to rec.food.equipment
Donald

Manny and Yvonne from MYEXOTIX wrote:

> I know that they're available as an accessory, but all the Googling in
> the world can only find me complete units. I would like to add one to
> my existing set up. Any help?

On Thursday, on a show on Foodnetwork, there was a show about problems
with turkey fryers.

Showed some great house fires.

The part of the show they showed equipment available. The show
interviewed a manufacture of trykey fryers.

In the end, there are -no- _gas_ thermostats available.

In the interview, the manufacture said, there is no easy way to control
gas in an outdoor setting for an open pot.

I would say they know what they are talking about, with the number of
fryer fires every year.

There are two electric turkey fryers availble, but there were very
expensive.

Donald
Posted to rec.food.equipment
Donald

Donald wrote:

> Manny and Yvonne from MYEXOTIX wrote:
>
>> I know that they're available as an accessory, but all the Googling in
>> the world can only find me complete units. I would like to add one to
>> my existing set up. Any help?
>>

> On Thursday, on a show on Foodnetwork, there was a show about problems
> with turkey fryers.
>
> Showed some great house fires.
>
> The part of the show they showed equipment available. The show
> interviewed a manufacture of trykey fryers.
>
> In the end, there are -no- _gas_ thermostats available.
>
> In the interview, the manufacture said, there is no easy way to control
> gas in an outdoor setting for an open pot.
>
> I would say they know what they are talking about, with the number of
> fryer fires every year.
>
> There are two electric turkey fryers availble, but there were very
> expensive.
>
> Donald

http://www.turkey-fryers-online.com/...trol_valve.htm
Posted to rec.food.equipment
Roughrider50

..

> There are two electric turkey fryers availble, but there were very
> expensive.

this is very similar to the one I have http://tinyurl.com/ayggq same brand
but lower price model......no drain plug. Bought at Menards......works great
& no gas or open fire. I'd still be very careful if they're kids around
though.

--
"Something you Democrats would never understand: Americans - we're
homesteaders. We want a safe home, keep the money we make, and shoot bad

Posted to rec.food.equipment
Manny and Yvonne from MYEXOTIX

It's not a typo. I meant thermostat, not thermometer. I saw one on
the Internet a very long time ago and am kicking myself for not buying
it then. It regulates the gas flow up or down and has a remote probe
at the end of a cable that sticks down the same hole that my 12"
thermometer goes in now.

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 13:39:08 -0500, Manny and Yvonne from MYEXOTIX
> wrote:

>I know that they're available as an accessory, but all the Googling in
>the world can only find me complete units. I would like to add one to
>my existing set up. Any help?

Posted to rec.food.equipment
Manny and Yvonne from MYEXOTIX

Right on the money!!!! Thank you.

Just ordered. Will post my results.

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 15:04:58 -0700, Donald >
wrote:

>Donald wrote:
>
>> Manny and Yvonne from MYEXOTIX wrote:
>>
>>> I know that they're available as an accessory, but all the Googling in
>>> the world can only find me complete units. I would like to add one to
>>> my existing set up. Any help?
>>>

>> On Thursday, on a show on Foodnetwork, there was a show about problems
>> with turkey fryers.
>>
>> Showed some great house fires.
>>
>> The part of the show they showed equipment available. The show
>> interviewed a manufacture of trykey fryers.
>>
>> In the end, there are -no- _gas_ thermostats available.
>>
>> In the interview, the manufacture said, there is no easy way to control
>> gas in an outdoor setting for an open pot.
>>
>> I would say they know what they are talking about, with the number of
>> fryer fires every year.
>>
>> There are two electric turkey fryers availble, but there were very
>> expensive.
>>
>> Donald

>http://www.turkey-fryers-online.com/...trol_valve.htm

Posted to rec.food.equipment
Donald

Manny and Yvonne from MYEXOTIX wrote:

> Right on the money!!!! Thank you.
>
> Just ordered. Will post my results.
>>
>>http://www.turkey-fryers-online.com/...trol_valve.htm

I was surprised to find it myself, after the show I watched.

I hope it works well, I have been thinking about getting a fryer too.

Please post pics, if you can.

Donald
Posted to rec.food.equipment
Manny and Yvonne from MYEXOTIX

Will do! Thanks again.

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 08:49:47 -0700, Donald >
wrote:

>Manny and Yvonne from MYEXOTIX wrote:
>
>> Right on the money!!!! Thank you.
>>
>> Just ordered. Will post my results.
>>>
>>>http://www.turkey-fryers-online.com/...trol_valve.htm

>I was surprised to find it myself, after the show I watched.
>
>I hope it works well, I have been thinking about getting a fryer too.
>
>Please post pics, if you can.
>
>Donald

Posted to rec.food.equipment

I was cleaning up old emails and postings when I saw this one. We
have fried many turkeys (and other things) and the thermostat has been
fantastic.

I swear I have no ties to the site or the product mfr. This is not
spam. I'm just very happy with the unit and recommend it highly. Just
wanted to give back to the group, albeit over a year late.

Thanks, Donald for your help.

wrote:

>Manny and Yvonne from MYEXOTIX wrote:
>
>> Right on the money!!!! Thank you.
>>
>> Just ordered. Will post my results.
>>>
>>>http://www.turkey-fryers-online.com/...trol_valve.htm

>I was surprised to find it myself, after the show I watched.
>
>I hope it works well, I have been thinking about getting a fryer too.
>
>Please post pics, if you can.
>
>Donald

oil-less turkey fryer Moe Jones Barbecue 9 07-09-2007 02:41 PM
Where to get a turkey fryer thermostat? Manny and Yvonne from MYEXOTIX General Cooking 6 27-11-2005 03:09 AM
Turkey Fryer Wayne Boatwright General Cooking 26 09-11-2004 07:40 PM
turkey fryer StocksRus® Barbecue 17 27-08-2004 06:54 AM
Turkey Fryer Aria Barbecue 9 18-11-2003 11:54 PM