FoodBanter.com

-   Cooking Equipment (https://www.foodbanter.com/cooking-equipment/)
-   -   aluminum foil (https://www.foodbanter.com/cooking-equipment/7496-aluminum-foil.html)

Don Saklad 20-10-2003 09:27 PM

aluminum foil

Would there be any advantage using aluminum foil in the oven on pans by
placing the foil dull side up?...

So far with respect to the question, resources explaining this do not give
technical reasons for their explanations.

David Eastwood 21-10-2003 02:14 AM

aluminum foil

Don Saklad > wrote:

>Would there be any advantage using aluminum foil in the oven on pans by
>placing the foil dull side up?...
>
>So far with respect to the question, resources explaining this do not give
>technical reasons for their explanations.

I have no idea what the answer is - but I do have to wonder why you're
asking the question......

David Eastwood -

Edwin Pawlowski 21-10-2003 03:03 AM

aluminum foil

"Don Saklad" > wrote in message
> Would there be any advantage using aluminum foil in the oven on pans by
> placing the foil dull side up?...
>
> So far with respect to the question, resources explaining this do not give
> technical reasons for their explanations.

It makes no difference what side is up. This was explained on one of the
web pages (Reynolds or Alcoa) but I don't recall which. They also explain
why one side is dull and one is shiny. It is the way two sheets are extruded
back to back.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

Charles Demas 21-10-2003 11:56 PM

aluminum foil

In article > ,
Edwin Pawlowski > wrote:

>"Don Saklad" > wrote in message
>> Would there be any advantage using aluminum foil in the oven on pans by
>> placing the foil dull side up?...
>>
>> So far with respect to the question, resources explaining this do not give
>> technical reasons for their explanations.

>It makes no difference what side is up. This was explained on one of the
>web pages (Reynolds or Alcoa) but I don't recall which. They also explain
>why one side is dull and one is shiny. It is the way two sheets are extruded
>back to back.

While it may make no significant difference, it will make some
infinitesimal difference.

Chuck Demas

--
Eat Healthy | _ _ | Nothing would be done at all,
Stay Fit | @ @ | If a man waited to do it so well,

Lew/+Silat 24-10-2003 01:49 AM

aluminum foil

All I know is that when I want to stop them from controlling my mind I wear
my tin hat shiney side out:) http://zapatopi.net/afdb.html