Steve B

Default looking for a sharpening stone shaped like a steel

Adam Barr wrote:

> My father has a sharpening stone that is shaped like
> a steel usually is -- a long cylinder with a handle
> at the end. Now I can't find one, all the sharpening
> stones are just rectangles. Does anyone still make
> one like the one he has? Thanks.
>
> - adam

There are several makers of ceramic and diamond coated "steels" that
sound like what you want. One of the nicest is the F. Dick 4455 blue
ceramic.

Steve
--
Sharpening Made Easy: A Primer on Sharpening Knives and Other Edged
Tools by Steve Bottorff Copyright January 2002 Knife World Publications

BonnieJean

I have a diamond coated steel ($25) and I love it.

"Steve B