Remsleep

Default Fairly large steamer rig needed

I like to steam/smoke poultry in the Chinese style. Up to now I've been
using my wok, but steaming seems to remove the seasoning one time in two.
So, I'm looking for a steamer that will fit a duck comfortably. A pasta
basket would work, but removing the bird from it is quite awkward. The
bamboo steamers in my local Chinese groceries are too small, and they don't
seem to carry the larger aluminum ones that I have seen.

Anyone have any good ideas?

Thanks.

Remsleep

Debbie Deutsch

"Remsleep" > wrote in
hlink.net:

> I like to steam/smoke poultry in the Chinese style. Up to now I've
> been using my wok, but steaming seems to remove the seasoning one time
> in two. So, I'm looking for a steamer that will fit a duck
> comfortably. A pasta basket would work, but removing the bird from it
> is quite awkward. The bamboo steamers in my local Chinese groceries
> are too small, and they don't seem to carry the larger aluminum ones
> that I have seen.
>
> Anyone have any good ideas?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Remsleep

Chinese supermarkets and restaurant supply places also carry aluminum
and/or stainless steel steamers that do exactly what you want. I have a
humongous aluminum steamer (three levels) that does what you want. Each
level is wide and tall enough to fit a bird. If the store that you shop at
doesn't carry the big metal steamers, try another or online. See this URL
for one example (price is higher than what I paid years ago):

http://www.wokshop.com/HTML/products...tier_alum.html

Worst comes to worst let me know and I will get and ship one to you for
what it would cost me to do so.

Debbie

--
Anti-spam advisory: The email address used to post this article is a throw-
away address. It will be invalidated and replaced with another if and when
Remsleep

"Debbie Deutsch" > wrote in message
. 71.230...
> "Remsleep" > wrote in
> hlink.net:

> Chinese supermarkets and restaurant supply places also carry aluminum
> and/or stainless steel steamers that do exactly what you want. I have a
> humongous aluminum steamer (three levels) that does what you want. Each
> level is wide and tall enough to fit a bird. If the store that you shop

at
> doesn't carry the big metal steamers, try another or online. See this URL
> for one example (price is higher than what I paid years ago):

http://www.wokshop.com/HTML/products...tier_alum.html

> Worst comes to worst let me know and I will get and ship one to you for
> what it would cost me to do so.

I remembered about Wokshop after I hit the send button. That's pretty much
what I'm looking for. Many thanks for your kind offer, but I'll save you
the hassle and get it on-line.

Remsleep

Kent H.

They have them at large Chinese supermarkets and Chinese hardware
stores, Ranch 99 in our area, or anywhere in the Oakland Chinatown.