Colin

Default Second oven usage

To those who have two ovens, a question

Do you use your second oven much

If so, what for?

Would you buy the second oven again if you had to do it all over? In
other words, is the second oven worth the $$$?

Colin

Christine

> To those who have two ovens, a question
>
> Do you use your second oven much
>
> If so, what for?
>
> Would you buy the second oven again if you had to do it all over? In
> other words, is the second oven worth the $$$?
>
> Colin

I have two full size 30" ovens. The oven on the top is a convection oven.
I wouldn't think of going back to a single oven. When the convection oven
is in use (for tender cuts of meat or baking) I can use the bottom oven for
other things. My idea originally for getting the two ovens was "thinking"
holidays, but use both ovens at the same time fairly frequently.

This was an upgrade when we built our home. It cost about $2200. The house
came with a single oven built-in oven with a built in microwave above it.

Chris in Pearland, TX

Kate Dicey

Colin wrote:

> To those who have two ovens, a question
>
> Do you use your second oven much
>
> If so, what for?
>
> Would you buy the second oven again if you had to do it all over? In
> other words, is the second oven worth the $$$?
>
> Colin

Before the Great Kitchen Refit I has two ovens. I had that kitchen for
18 years and used the second oven precisely twice, despite cooking lunch
for 40 people at least twice, as well as for various other parties. I
went for a single oven this time round, as I felt that having the second
one wasn't worth the extra expense. I use the fancy programmable timer
far more than the second oven.

This is just my experience - others use their seciond ovens a lot.
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
SCUBApix

"Colin" > wrote in message ...
> To those who have two ovens, a question
>
> Do you use your second oven much
>
> If so, what for?
>
> Would you buy the second oven again if you had to do it all over? In
> other words, is the second oven worth the $$$?
>
> Colin

The real question isn't how much do others use a second oven, but how much
would YOU use a second oven. I assume you have a single oven now. Well how
often did you wish you had 2 ovens? That's YOUR answer.

We have 2 ovens; a convection/regular on top and a regular underneath. I
expect we don't use both more than once every month or 6 weeks. Maybe a
little less. But when we need it, we need it and feel the expense to be
worth it. YMMV.

Steve Calvin

> "Colin" > wrote in message ...
>
>>To those who have two ovens, a question
>>
>>Do you use your second oven much
>>
>>If so, what for?
>>
>>Would you buy the second oven again if you had to do it all over? In
>>other words, is the second oven worth the $$$?
>>
>>Colin

<snip>

I don't have a true second oven but my unit over the kitchen stove is a
microwave, conventional, convection, or combo. I don't use both ovens at
the same time often (but there are only two of us). I do use them both
around the holidays. The smaller oven is great though for alot of
dishes and it doesn't heat up the kitchen anywhere near as much as the
big oven. I'll never be without one of these units again.

Vox Humana

"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
> > "Colin" > wrote in message

> >>To those who have two ovens, a question
> >>
> >>Do you use your second oven much
> >>
> >>If so, what for?
> >>
> >>Would you buy the second oven again if you had to do it all over? In
> >>other words, is the second oven worth the $$$?
> >>
> >>Colin

> <snip>
>
> I don't have a true second oven but my unit over the kitchen stove is a
> microwave, conventional, convection, or combo. I don't use both ovens at
> the same time often (but there are only two of us). I do use them both
> around the holidays. The smaller oven is great though for alot of
> dishes and it doesn't heat up the kitchen anywhere near as much as the
> big oven. I'll never be without one of these units again.

That's the point I was going to make. The second oven doesn't necessarily
have to be an exact duplicate of the first oven. One might get a second
oven that has some unique feature. A convection/microwave oven would be a
good example. You would probably use it frequently but not necessarily
simultaneously with the other oven. On occasion you might use it in
conjunction with the other oven when entertaining. The second oven can be
used as a warming oven and to warm dinner plates. Some people might have a
second oven that is designed for baking bread and making pizza.

Peter Aitken

"Colin" > wrote in message ...
> To those who have two ovens, a question
>
> Do you use your second oven much
>
> If so, what for?
>
> Would you buy the second oven again if you had to do it all over? In
> other words, is the second oven worth the $$$?
>
> Colin

Don't you think that the answer to your questions will depend on the
individual's cooking habits? You should get a second oven or not based on
your needs, not other peoples'.

--
Peter Aitken

Steve Calvin

Vox Humana wrote:

>><snip>
>>
>>I don't have a true second oven but my unit over the kitchen stove is a
>>microwave, conventional, convection, or combo. I don't use both ovens at
>> the same time often (but there are only two of us). I do use them both
>>around the holidays. The smaller oven is great though for alot of
>>dishes and it doesn't heat up the kitchen anywhere near as much as the
>>big oven. I'll never be without one of these units again.
>>

> That's the point I was going to make. The second oven doesn't necessarily
> have to be an exact duplicate of the first oven. One might get a second
> oven that has some unique feature. A convection/microwave oven would be a
> good example. You would probably use it frequently but not necessarily
> simultaneously with the other oven. On occasion you might use it in
> conjunction with the other oven when entertaining. The second oven can be
> used as a warming oven and to warm dinner plates. Some people might have a
> second oven that is designed for baking bread and making pizza.

Ahhhh.... yup. I agree wholeheartedly.

--
Steve

Edwin Pawlowski

"Colin" > wrote in message ...
> To those who have two ovens, a question
>
> Do you use your second oven much
>
> If so, what for?
>
> Would you buy the second oven again if you had to do it all over? In
> other words, is the second oven worth the $$$?
>
> Colin

Our second oven is a microwave/convection oven. Yes, we do se both at
times. One may have a roast going while the second one will be baking a
cake or pie.

We use them simultaneously maybe 3 times a month. While I'd not pay for a
second duplicate of the regular oven, this unit makes a nice compliment to
it. Your cooking needs and your wallet will have to make the decision for
you though.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

gini52

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message

> "Colin" > wrote in message ...
> > To those who have two ovens, a question
> >
> > Do you use your second oven much
> >
> > If so, what for?
> >
> > Would you buy the second oven again if you had to do it all over? In
> > other words, is the second oven worth the $$$?
> >
> > Colin

> Our second oven is a microwave/convection oven. Yes, we do se both at
> times. One may have a roast going while the second one will be baking a
> cake or pie.

==
I have the same setup but I also picked up a free standing roaster last year
that
did a fantastic job with my Easter ham. My dilemma was always having to bake
bread the day before a holiday meal which isn't ideal. Now, with the
roaster,
micro/convection, and standard/convection, I can bake bread the same day.
==

> We use them simultaneously maybe 3 times a month. While I'd not pay for a
> second duplicate of the regular oven, this unit makes a nice compliment to
> it. Your cooking needs and your wallet will have to make the decision for
> you though.
> Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

N. Thornton

Hi. I find it handy to have a 2nd one, and the smaller one is often
used for its advantages over the main one. A plug in microwave/fan
combi isn't expensive as a 2nd oven, and is more useful than a
just-oven.

Avoid the table top plug in ovens, they're complete junk. Even if its
a fiver at a boot sale, dont bother.

Regards, NT

hot pepper usage Somebody General Cooking 1 13-10-2012 09:49 PM
OT Japanese Usage Stark General Cooking 22 01-09-2005 09:32 PM
Ziplock Bag usage? Daddio Sourdough 1 19-08-2004 02:33 PM
Titret Usage (Chemetrics) K. B. Winemaking 16 07-08-2004 04:44 PM
Wood Usage in WSM Gary Flanigan Barbecue 7 21-05-2004 04:02 AM