Kenneth

On Sat, 1 Oct 2005 16:01:24 -0400, Tony P.
> wrote:

>The thing about plastics is that they'll outgas within a decade or so
>leaving a chalky surface. Ewwwww.

Howdy,

In my experience, that depends on the quality...

I have a Mercedes wagon for nearly 18 years and on the day
that it went off to another happy life the interior looked
and felt as it did on the day I bought it.

All the best,
--
Kenneth

Edwin Pawlowski

"Del Cecchi" > wrote in message

> Calling a Lambo and a Honda both "automobiles" is stretching the
> definition. A deuce and a half would make a terrible choice as a family
> car, but it makes a hell of a vehicle for delivering relief supplies in a
> flood. Consumer reports uses criteria that relate to average person and
> their use. So cars that foul plugs or don't start in the winter or can't
> carry the groceries are down rated relative to those that can, whether or
> not they have real walnut on the dash or can go 200 mph.

I exaggerated to make a point, but the reality is the same. CR often down
products because it does not fit their agenda. If you know up front what
their agenda is, you can use the other information they provide.

Matthew L. Martin

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
> "Del Cecchi" > wrote in message
>

>>Calling a Lambo and a Honda both "automobiles" is stretching the
>>definition. A deuce and a half would make a terrible choice as a family
>>car, but it makes a hell of a vehicle for delivering relief supplies in a
>>flood. Consumer reports uses criteria that relate to average person and
>>their use. So cars that foul plugs or don't start in the winter or can't
>>carry the groceries are down rated relative to those that can, whether or
>>not they have real walnut on the dash or can go 200 mph.

> I exaggerated to make a point, but the reality is the same. CR often down
> products because it does not fit their agenda. If you know up front what
> their agenda is, you can use the other information they provide.

It;s not like they go out of their way to hide their criteria. It's
usually explained in one or two paragraphs of the article.

Matthew

You can't win
You can't break even
You can't get out of the game
timbrel

What happened to stoves? I still don't understand why one has to be
Mario to cook well on a Viking commercial-style stove. Or with copper.
I got my first copper pots and was ecstatic at the difference they
made.

Bliss

> When I was looking for a stove, I looked
> at Consumer Reports. They put the
> commercial style stoves down at the
> bottom, based on ease of cleaning,
> convenience and features. They
> recommended them if you don't care about
> price, and want the look. They are also
> very sturdy, in case you use them for
> blacksmithing.

>> While I certainly agree that the
>> commercial style stoves are overpriced
>> fluff, please do not ever believe
>> anything you read in CR, they are one of
>> the most biased, baseless publications
>> around. Take the time to research the
>> product in question yourself and you'll
>> be far better off.

> Pete C.

That would be "research," as in reading, (then pontificating in) Usenet?

Apparently Usenet provides the "scientific" information that rescues us
from the evil grasp of CR-like "fluff"?

We are indeed fortunate to have you.