Default stovetop to oven pan - recommendations wanted

I am looking for recommendations for a stovetop pan which is also oven
safe. One that has caught my eye is the Calphalon 10" Everyday Pan in
tri-ply 18/10 stainless (m/n: LR1380P). Any thoughts on that? Or
alternatives?

For dishes like frittata that start on the rangetop and then go in the
oven (400F).

The 10"/2.5QT capacity would probably be sufficient. Should have a
matched lid. Dishwasher safe would be nice.

My other cookware is a mix of brands so I'm not particular on that. It
is mostly stainless but that is not an important consideration. Budget:
around $50.

thanks
Sathyan

Vox Humana

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> I am looking for recommendations for a stovetop pan which is also oven
> safe. One that has caught my eye is the Calphalon 10" Everyday Pan in
> tri-ply 18/10 stainless (m/n: LR1380P). Any thoughts on that? Or
> alternatives?
>
> For dishes like frittata that start on the rangetop and then go in the
> oven (400F).
>
> The 10"/2.5QT capacity would probably be sufficient. Should have a
> matched lid. Dishwasher safe would be nice.
>
> My other cookware is a mix of brands so I'm not particular on that. It
> is mostly stainless but that is not an important consideration. Budget:
> around $50.

I use Wolfgang Puck cookware for stovetop, oven and broiler. With the glass
lids, I haven't have a problem at 350F, and without the lids I go to 500F
and under the broiler. With the metal lids, you could probably go higher
than 350F but I don't know why anyone would do that. You could probably get
two covered pieces for about $50 + shipping. Here is link:
http://tinyurl.com/9a874