fourmations

Default diamond or ceramic steel?

hi all

Sorry all, but I cant get a definative answer through reading around......

for global knives:

i have a watersharpener
and was going to get a steel

Should I get a ceramic or diamond steel
bearing in mind that I have the watersharpener

Also, I used the watersharpener (the shinaskin wheel job)
on western knives (before realising I shouldnt have)
with excellent results.

Could this tool effectively regrind my other knives to a global angle
then I could maintain them all the same way
(they are just 18/10 and not expensive)

Regards

niall