Default Puck "Bistro" line and the broiler

If anyone owns this line, plz tell if it can take a short stint under
the broiler. Thinking of a set as a wedding gift.

thanks
val

Vox Humana

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> If anyone owns this line, plz tell if it can take a short stint under
> the broiler. Thinking of a set as a wedding gift.

Absolute! I use mine under the broiler and also to finish items in a very
hot (450F) oven after searing on the cooktop.

Thanks - now I'm kicking myself for not ordering this line - 'twas on
HSN a short while ago at a special price and I might even get one for
myself!!

Vox Humana

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Thanks - now I'm kicking myself for not ordering this line - 'twas on
> HSN a short while ago at a special price and I might even get one for
> myself!!

I really love my WP cookware. It truly change the way I cook. I just got
the 900 watt food processor. So far it is pretty nice. As with most
products the are good and bad points and a few lost opportunities in the
design. Overall, I can't complain.

Vox Humana

> wrote in message
> On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 13:24:54 GMT, "Vox Humana" >
> wrote:
>

> > wrote in message
> roups.com...
> >> Thanks - now I'm kicking myself for not ordering this line - 'twas on
> >> HSN a short while ago at a special price and I might even get one for
> >> myself!!
> >>

> >I really love my WP cookware. It truly change the way I cook. I just

got
> >the 900 watt food processor. So far it is pretty nice. As with most
> >products the are good and bad points and a few lost opportunities in the
> >design. Overall, I can't complain.
> >

> How did it change the way you cook? What are the good and bad points
> and the lost opportunities? Enquiring minds want to know.

The cookware just does a better job than the old stuff. I seem to be able
to brown better, sear meat, and sauté without sticking and burning. Heating
is even. Clean-up is easy. The stuff can go into the oven and under the
broiler because the handles are metal and the old stuff had wooden handles.
I would never crank-up the heat with the cast aluminum and then put it in
the oven. The aluminum was pitted and didn't develop a good fond,
therefore, sauce and gravy making wasn't good.

The food processor good points:
very powerful, 900 watt motor
quite
the bowl has a unique design in that it has a sealed drive mechanism, not a
hole with a spindle from the base. That means that you can really fill the
bowl without liquids flowing under the blade and onto the machine and
counter.
The slicing blade is adjustable from 0 to 7 mm, so you don't have to buy a
collection of disks
The emulsifying disk is great for salad dressings and mayo - even better
than just using the blade

The bad points:
The parts are hard to disassemble, but are getting better with use
If you don't seat the disks fully, food lodges under the lid and causes it
to pop-off. One I realized the problem it was easy to avoid.

Lost opportunity:
I would like to have a larger feed tube. See, size does matter.

About Wolfgang Puck, [email protected] General Cooking 2 11-02-2010 12:41 AM
A new broiler-where I can set a temperature Kswck General Cooking 45 09-10-2009 06:00 PM
countertop broiler? Jean B.[_1_] Cooking Equipment 27 17-01-2009 12:26 AM
Broiler Pan KW[_2_] Cooking Equipment 7 14-02-2007 05:49 PM
Water Broiler Pan Dee Randall General Cooking 1 25-11-2005 03:32 PM