Default OK to juice with not-so-fresh veg?

I am thinking of getting a juicer because I throw out veg that is
either a little bit past it's best, or I don't like it too much (I get
a box scheme delivered, and have no choice as to what is in it.)

Is it OK to juice things that otherwise wouldn't be considered very
fresh for regular boiling/steaming? I would be hoping for good
results, not just something that tastes a bit past it's consume date -
does the juicing process kind of "disguise" this??

Thanks, regards, dnw.

Vox Humana

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> I am thinking of getting a juicer because I throw out veg that is
> either a little bit past it's best, or I don't like it too much (I get
> a box scheme delivered, and have no choice as to what is in it.)
>
> Is it OK to juice things that otherwise wouldn't be considered very
> fresh for regular boiling/steaming? I would be hoping for good
> results, not just something that tastes a bit past it's consume date -
> does the juicing process kind of "disguise" this??

You know the old saying: "Garbage in, garbage out."

Viviane

If you wouldn't eat it, why would you juice it? It's a bit like cooking
with bad wines - they will still taste bad.

oups.com...