Default Bosch deep freezer

Has anyone had a problem like me with a Bosch chest (horizontal type)
deepfreezer.

Practically every time we open the door and add a load of foods for
freezing, the freezer refuses to resume operations, and the temperature
rises up to a level where the alarms sounds.

Trying to force it to run for ever (actuating a key like any deepfrezer
has) has no effect.

The only to get it out of that state is to remove the power from the
freezer for a few MINUTES (not seconds as could be expected from a
microprocessor driven appliance) and HOPE that it restarts.

Any idea ?

widewoman

On 24 Jun 2005 05:53:46 -0700, "
> wrote:

>Has anyone had a problem like me with a Bosch chest (horizontal type)
>deepfreezer.
>
>Practically every time we open the door and add a load of foods for
>freezing, the freezer refuses to resume operations, and the temperature
>rises up to a level where the alarms sounds.
>
>Trying to force it to run for ever (actuating a key like any deepfrezer
>has) has no effect.
>
>The only to get it out of that state is to remove the power from the
>freezer for a few MINUTES (not seconds as could be expected from a
>microprocessor driven appliance) and HOPE that it restarts.
>
>Any idea ?

I had the problem a couple times over 27 years with a kenmore freezer,
but generally you're not supposed to add more than 25 lbs unfrozen
material at any given time, it makes the thermostat stick, and yeah
the only way to "fix" it is to unplug it. At least you HAVE an alarm,
I found out about mine when I could smell it ..with the lid closed
<gag>

OK. Thanks for the info.