FoodBanter.com

-   Cooking Equipment (https://www.foodbanter.com/cooking-equipment/)
-   -   $112.00 Yogurt Maker? (https://www.foodbanter.com/cooking-equipment/61883-112-00-yogurt-maker.html)

[email protected] 03-06-2005 11:53 PM

$112.00 Yogurt Maker?

What's with this? This sells for less than $40 everywhere! Currently
$112.50 on Ebay and not over yet. Started at $.99! Strangest thing I've
seen. The list price is even there. Anyone make some sense of this?

Shel 04-06-2005 12:37 AM

> wrote in message
ps.com...
> What's with this? This sells for less than $40 everywhere! Currently
> $112.50 on Ebay and not over yet. Started at $.99! Strangest thing I've
> seen. The list price is even there. Anyone make some sense of this?
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...5916 676&rd=1

That is the weirdest thing...it even says right in the auction it retails
for $41.99....the high bidder has been registered since 2002, but has no
feedback..maybe it's someones throwaway account and is messing with the
seller, but that wouldn't explain the second bidder who has 100% positive
feedback

Edwin Pawlowski 04-06-2005 03:45 AM

> wrote in message
ps.com...
> What's with this? This sells for less than $40 everywhere! Currently
> $112.50 on Ebay and not over yet. Started at $.99! Strangest thing I've
> seen. The list price is even there. Anyone make some sense of this?
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...5916 676&rd=1

Life never ceases to amaze me. People don't take the time to read, to do a
little research. They get caught up in the bidding frenzy. Look at the
language of eBay. "You WON the bid". Hell, you didn't win anything, you got
to be the buyer with cash. It is not a contest, it is a business
transaction.

Vox Humana 05-06-2005 03:53 AM

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message

> > wrote in message
> ps.com...
> > What's with this? This sells for less than $40 everywhere! Currently
> > $112.50 on Ebay and not over yet. Started at $.99! Strangest thing I've
> > seen. The list price is even there. Anyone make some sense of this?

> Life never ceases to amaze me. People don't take the time to read, to do

> little research. They get caught up in the bidding frenzy. Look at the
> language of eBay. "You WON the bid". Hell, you didn't win anything, you

got
> to be the buyer with cash. It is not a contest, it is a business
> transaction.

The other sad thing is that you can make yogurt with no special equipment.
I generally just put the culture into containers and let them ferment in my
oven set at 100F. You can also just fill a picnic cooler with a few inches
of warm water, set the containers in the cooler, and put the lid on. I'm
sure there are other methods. After about three hours, you have yogurt.

Edwin Pawlowski 05-06-2005 05:39 AM

"Vox Humana" > wrote in message

> The other sad thing is that you can make yogurt with no special equipment.
> I generally just put the culture into containers and let them ferment in
> my
> oven set at 100F. You can also just fill a picnic cooler with a few
> inches
> of warm water, set the containers in the cooler, and put the lid on. I'm
> sure there are other methods. After about three hours, you have yogurt.

Of course you need a machine. Next thing you'll be telling us you can make
popcorn without a special machine too. Or iced tea.

S Viemeister 05-06-2005 01:19 PM

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

> "Vox Humana" > wrote in message
> >
> > The other sad thing is that you can make yogurt with no special equipment.
> > I generally just put the culture into containers and let them ferment in
> > my
> > oven set at 100F. You can also just fill a picnic cooler with a few
> > inches
> > of warm water, set the containers in the cooler, and put the lid on. I'm
> > sure there are other methods. After about three hours, you have yogurt.

> Of course you need a machine. Next thing you'll be telling us you can make
> popcorn without a special machine too. Or iced tea.

Or bread without a breadmaker.

Sheila