Default Bottom grids for sinks?

Don Wiss wrote:
> I've been looking at Franke sinks. I see that the ones I like have chrome
> bottom grids available as an option. You can see one pictured he
> http://www.frankeksd.com/productdetail.php?prodid=129
>
> Does anyone have such a thing? Are they useful? Or do they just get in the
> way and make it harder to keep the sink clean?
>
> Don <www.donwiss.com> (e-mail link at home page bottom).

We've found the grid very helpful. It levels the botom of the sink and
makes stacking and washing much easier.
Ira

betsy

Don Wiss wrote:
> I've been looking at Franke sinks. I see that the ones I like have chrome
> bottom grids available as an option. You can see one pictured he
> http://www.frankeksd.com/productdetail.php?prodid=129
>
> Does anyone have such a thing? Are they useful? Or do they just get in the
> way and make it harder to keep the sink clean?
>
> Don <www.donwiss.com> (e-mail link at home page bottom).

We like having them. Helps to wash chunks down the drain w/o having to
move items already in the sink. Helps keep pot bottoms from getting
greasy or dirty sitting in water as we wash. We can spray down the
sink w/o removing it, unlike the old rubber-maid "mats". Keeps
scratches off the bottom, and can always be removed if the need arises.
We buy the white plastic coated ones, and replace when they crack and
start to rust. Your stainless one may last a long time.
betsy