redecor

Default HEAVY DISCOUNTS??

Hi All,

Is there any site or company where you can get incredible discounts or
prices on Viking or Thermador appliances. I have noticed at the retail
level, just forget it unless they are ready to empty the store for new
equipment then they get down to the "real price"! My sister got a
Thermador range for nearly $3-4K off of Ebay believe it or not w/ no
issues.

I haven't been able to find anything else or know where else do go.
That person still made $ so there has to be a bottom line.

Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated.

THANKS!

mrsgator88

Many factories give a discount to the retailer for the display model only.
One reason is to help the dealer burn it off when the styles change. So,
the "real price" for a new unit may be quite a bit more. Due to price and
distribution controls, many items for sale on eBay are actually being
re-sold, so you may not be getting a warranty. Also, like other big ticket
items you may require minor service, whether for a surface blemish,
adjustment on a burner, etc. When you buy from the internet, you usually
give up all of that. Service costs money too, maybe even in your business.

"redecor" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Hi All,
>
> Is there any site or company where you can get incredible discounts or
> prices on Viking or Thermador appliances. I have noticed at the retail
> level, just forget it unless they are ready to empty the store for new
> equipment then they get down to the "real price"! My sister got a
> Thermador range for nearly $3-4K off of Ebay believe it or not w/ no
> issues.
>
> I haven't been able to find anything else or know where else do go.
> That person still made $ so there has to be a bottom line.
>
> Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated.
>
> THANKS!

mrsgator88

Many factories give a discount to the retailer for the display model only.
One reason is to help the dealer burn it off when the styles change. So,
the "real price" for a new unit may be quite a bit more. Due to price and
distribution controls, many items for sale on eBay are actually being
re-sold, so you may not be getting a warranty. Also, like other big ticket
items you may require minor service, whether for a surface blemish,
adjustment on a burner, etc. When you buy from the internet, you usually
give up all of that. Service costs money too, maybe even in your business.

ups.com...