mikedavid00

Default Kitchenware in Toronto area (or anywhere in Southern Ontario)

Can someone please tell me the known places to get good cookware,
knives, and other accessories (please omit Golda's and Kitchen Stuff
Plus as they are still too consumer grade)

I'm looking for things like Kershaw Shun knives, Global, good quality
full aluminum cookware and other heavey cookware. etc.
Where can i get these knives???

For cookware, Rachel Ray gave some recommendations:

"Pots and pans complete the list of kitchen essentials. For year-round
discounts on top-end pots and huge selection on commercial restaurant
cookware, Cushing recommends you check out restaurant supply shops that
sell to the public such as Dinetz (416-368-8657) and Nikolaou
(416-504-6411) in Toronto. Or for a pleasant shopping experience with
great variety and good prices, try Cayne's Super Housewares in
Thornhill, Ont. (905-764-1188) or Basic Stock Cookware in Vancouver
(604-736-1412)."

http://www.moneysense.ca/spending/sh...28_150642_3828

Ribitt

"mikedavid00" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Can someone please tell me the known places to get good cookware,
> knives, and other accessories (please omit Golda's and Kitchen Stuff
> Plus as they are still too consumer grade)
>
> I'm looking for things like Kershaw Shun knives, Global, good quality
> full aluminum cookware and other heavey cookware. etc.
> Where can i get these knives???
>
> For cookware, Rachel Ray gave some recommendations:
>
> "Pots and pans complete the list of kitchen essentials. For year-round
> discounts on top-end pots and huge selection on commercial restaurant
> cookware, Cushing recommends you check out restaurant supply shops that
> sell to the public such as Dinetz (416-368-8657) and Nikolaou
> (416-504-6411) in Toronto. Or for a pleasant shopping experience with
> great variety and good prices, try Cayne's Super Housewares in
> Thornhill, Ont. (905-764-1188) or Basic Stock Cookware in Vancouver
> (604-736-1412)."
>
> http://www.moneysense.ca/spending/sh...28_150642_3828

Nella Cutlery, in the QEW/Southdown Road area of Mississauga might be worth
a visit. They are a restaurant supply company that also handles retail. They
also do a great job of grinding knives.

Aria

You can also order online from Williams Sonoma.

"Ribitt" > wrote in message

> "mikedavid00" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> Can someone please tell me the known places to get good cookware,
>> knives, and other accessories (please omit Golda's and Kitchen Stuff
>> Plus as they are still too consumer grade)
>>
>> I'm looking for things like Kershaw Shun knives, Global, good quality
>> full aluminum cookware and other heavey cookware. etc.
>> Where can i get these knives???
>>
>> For cookware, Rachel Ray gave some recommendations:
>>
>> "Pots and pans complete the list of kitchen essentials. For year-round
>> discounts on top-end pots and huge selection on commercial restaurant
>> cookware, Cushing recommends you check out restaurant supply shops that
>> sell to the public such as Dinetz (416-368-8657) and Nikolaou
>> (416-504-6411) in Toronto. Or for a pleasant shopping experience with
>> great variety and good prices, try Cayne's Super Housewares in
>> Thornhill, Ont. (905-764-1188) or Basic Stock Cookware in Vancouver
>> (604-736-1412)."
>>
>> http://www.moneysense.ca/spending/sh...28_150642_3828

> Nella Cutlery, in the QEW/Southdown Road area of Mississauga might be
> worth a visit. They are a restaurant supply company that also handles
> retail. They also do a great job of grinding knives.

mikedavid00

At this point I'm not going to recommend that location. They lady who
answers the phone is very unknowledgabe, rude, and impatient - people i
would never do business with.

I did indeed purchase a new Victorinox knife for my girlfriend from
another location and I called back the above location and inquired
about getting the knife sharpened. She had no clue how the process was
done and said I didn't need the knife sharpened if it was new(?). Then
she just transfered me to someones dead cel phone. No explaniation but
'i can transfer you to someone' and bang it was as good as my being
hung up on. The first time I called her for a knife price she told me
to call the other location and wouldn't even give me a price.

I mean, why on earth would I even take my business to them in the
future? lol!

Anyhow, I visited a few other cutlery and resturaunt supply stores. The
knives such as global, Kershaw (Mitsuami), and Wustof(sp) were WAY over
priced. I mean a $90 knife US was $185 at one of the stores. This kind
of price gauging is silly.

I did find a Victorinox for a good price for $45 which I bought for my
gf and some other odds and ends but I will most likely not ever buy a
knife or cookware from Toronto becuase of outrageous pricing. I plan on
getting the Victorinox sharpened for a better edge though.

I must also note that the stores carried very little stock of these
knifes. When I say they carried a Global, there were like 3 of them;
most with useles sizes or only 8". Very dissapointing for such a large
city like Toronto. The House of Knives chain carried good stock, but
$300 for a Kershaw Shen is a bit rediculous when you read the below:

I ended up getting a 10" Kershaw Shun Classic chefs knife, in-stock,
from Amazon for $108(US) plus free shipping.

It's times like this or when buyinhg a house, looking for a job, that
you really realize how poor or less our Canadian economy is compared to
the US.