Raelene

Default titanium knife sets

Hi all,

I'd be interested to hear peoples' opinion on Titanium knife sets...... I
don't know about buying then but they're generally available when you order
another item from some home shopping tv show. for those in Australia.... think
Bert Newton info. ads.

Raelene
xxx
* When my ship comes in, my luck I'll be at the airport *

Ozzie the cat - RIP 15th Oct, 2004

---

Louis Cohen

Raelene wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd be interested to hear peoples' opinion on Titanium knife sets...... I
> don't know about buying then but they're generally available when you order
> another item from some home shopping tv show. for those in Australia.... think
> Bert Newton info. ads.
>
> Raelene
> xxx
> * When my ship comes in, my luck I'll be at the airport *
>
> Ozzie the cat - RIP 15th Oct, 2004
>

> ---

I would think they might be too hard to sharpen at home.

Regards

Louis Cohen

"Yes, yes, I will desalinate you, you grande morue!"

Émile Zola, Assommoir 1877
Louis Cohen

Raelene wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd be interested to hear peoples' opinion on Titanium knife sets...... I
> don't know about buying then but they're generally available when you order
> another item from some home shopping tv show. for those in Australia.... think
> Bert Newton info. ads.
>
> Raelene
> xxx
> * When my ship comes in, my luck I'll be at the airport *
>
> Ozzie the cat - RIP 15th Oct, 2004
>

> ---

I would think they might be too hard to sharpen at home.

Regards

Louis Cohen

"Yes, yes, I will desalinate you, you grande morue!"

Émile Zola, Assommoir 1877
Steve B.

Actually they are too soft to hold an edge.

Steve

Sharpening Made Easy: A Primer on Sharpening Knives and Other Edged
Tools by Steve Bottorff
Copyright January 2002 Knife World Publications
www.sharpeningmadeeasy.com

Louis Cohen wrote:
> Raelene wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'd be interested to hear peoples' opinion on Titanium knife
>> sets...... I
>> don't know about buying then but they're generally available when you
>> order
>> another item from some home shopping tv show. for those in
>> Australia.... think
>> Bert Newton info. ads.
>>
>> Raelene
>> xxx
>> * When my ship comes in, my luck I'll be at the airport *
>>
>> Ozzie the cat - RIP 15th Oct, 2004
>>

>> ---
>>

> I would think they might be too hard to sharpen at home.

Steve B.

Louis Cohen wrote:
> Raelene wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'd be interested to hear peoples' opinion on Titanium knife
>> sets...... I
>> don't know about buying then but they're generally available when you
>> order
>> another item from some home shopping tv show. for those in
>> Australia.... think
>> Bert Newton info. ads.
>>
>> Raelene
>> xxx
>> * When my ship comes in, my luck I'll be at the airport *
>>
>> Ozzie the cat - RIP 15th Oct, 2004
>>

>> ---
>>

> I would think they might be too hard to sharpen at home.

FMW

Steve has it right. Hi Steve. Boker does make some
Ti knives that work OK. They aren't Ti but rather a Ti alloy with carbides.
An interesting experiment but no advantage over stainelss steel unless, of
course, your in the explosive ordnance disposal business and need non
magnetic knives. Basically, titanium is a pretty poor knife blade material
but a great marketing tool.

Fred
Knife Outlet
http://www.knifeoutlet.com

"Steve B." > wrote in message
> Actually they are too soft to hold an edge.
>
> Steve
>
> Sharpening Made Easy: A Primer on Sharpening Knives and Other Edged
> Tools by Steve Bottorff
> Copyright January 2002 Knife World Publications
> www.sharpeningmadeeasy.com
>

> Louis Cohen wrote:
> > Raelene wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I'd be interested to hear peoples' opinion on Titanium knife
> >> sets...... I
> >> don't know about buying then but they're generally available when you
> >> order
> >> another item from some home shopping tv show. for those in
> >> Australia.... think
> >> Bert Newton info. ads.
> >>
> >> Raelene
> >> xxx
> >> * When my ship comes in, my luck I'll be at the airport *
> >>
> >> Ozzie the cat - RIP 15th Oct, 2004
> >>

> >> ---
> >>

> > I would think they might be too hard to sharpen at home.

Anyone tried a titanium+gold covered pan? ViLco General Cooking 9 08-05-2013 12:30 PM
Titanium Crystal Glasses kramer Wine 5 06-09-2007 05:07 AM
electric knife sharpener, stainless steel knife, knife's shelf Iou Sheng International Co., Ltd. Marketplace 0 02-01-2004 06:42 AM
Electric knife sharpener, knife, 3-layer complex steel knife Iou Sheng International Co., Ltd. Marketplace 0 24-12-2003 07:10 AM
Scanpan Titanium Cookware Doug General Cooking 3 02-12-2003 07:35 AM