Bob Hayden

Default Cordless Mixers

A number of years ago I had a cordless Black & Decker "Handy Mixer". Chraged
on the wall and had 3 or 4 attachements. Handiest thing in the world to beat
eggs or for small jobs....bigger ones go to the Kitchenaid Stand Mixer. Bad
part is it died on me and never was all that powerful. I hadn't seen them
for awhile but now I see B&D has a new one out. Anyone have one or have
opinions on it? Or are there better alternatives?

S Viemeister

Bob Hayden wrote:

> A number of years ago I had a cordless Black & Decker "Handy Mixer". Chraged
> on the wall and had 3 or 4 attachements. Handiest thing in the world to beat
> eggs or for small jobs....bigger ones go to the Kitchenaid Stand Mixer. Bad
> part is it died on me and never was all that powerful. I hadn't seen them
> for awhile but now I see B&D has a new one out. Anyone have one or have
> opinions on it? Or are there better alternatives?

I bought one years ago, and replaced it when the battery died. That one is
now on its last legs.
It annoys me that the battery can't be changed - so I've purchased a Braun
stick blender with whisk attachment. It's not cordless, but it handles
small whisking jobs very well. The blender function is useful, and it also
has a small chopper, handy for small amounts of garlic, ginger, parsley,
etc. I won't miss the Handy Mixer at all.

Sheila

S Viemeister

Bob Hayden wrote:

> A number of years ago I had a cordless Black & Decker "Handy Mixer". Chraged
> on the wall and had 3 or 4 attachements. Handiest thing in the world to beat
> eggs or for small jobs....bigger ones go to the Kitchenaid Stand Mixer. Bad
> part is it died on me and never was all that powerful. I hadn't seen them
> for awhile but now I see B&D has a new one out. Anyone have one or have
> opinions on it? Or are there better alternatives?

I bought one years ago, and replaced it when the battery died. That one is
now on its last legs.
It annoys me that the battery can't be changed - so I've purchased a Braun
stick blender with whisk attachment. It's not cordless, but it handles
small whisking jobs very well. The blender function is useful, and it also
has a small chopper, handy for small amounts of garlic, ginger, parsley,
etc. I won't miss the Handy Mixer at all.

Sheila

limey

"S Viemeister" wrote in message > Bob Hayden wrote:

>> A number of years ago I had a cordless Black & Decker "Handy Mixer".
>> Chraged
>> on the wall and had 3 or 4 attachements. Handiest thing in the world to
>> beat
>> eggs or for small jobs....bigger ones go to the Kitchenaid Stand Mixer.
>> Bad
>> part is it died on me and never was all that powerful. I hadn't seen them
>> for awhile but now I see B&D has a new one out. Anyone have one or have
>> opinions on it? Or are there better alternatives?

> I bought one years ago, and replaced it when the battery died. That one
> is
> now on its last legs.
> It annoys me that the battery can't be changed - so I've purchased a Braun
> stick blender with whisk attachment. It's not cordless, but it handles
> small whisking jobs very well. The blender function is useful, and it
> also
> has a small chopper, handy for small amounts of garlic, ginger, parsley,
> etc. I won't miss the Handy Mixer at all.
>
> Sheila

I love my Braun. IMHO, you made a great choice at a reasonable price.

Dora

limey

"S Viemeister" wrote in message > Bob Hayden wrote:

>> A number of years ago I had a cordless Black & Decker "Handy Mixer".
>> Chraged
>> on the wall and had 3 or 4 attachements. Handiest thing in the world to
>> beat
>> eggs or for small jobs....bigger ones go to the Kitchenaid Stand Mixer.
>> Bad
>> part is it died on me and never was all that powerful. I hadn't seen them
>> for awhile but now I see B&D has a new one out. Anyone have one or have
>> opinions on it? Or are there better alternatives?

> I bought one years ago, and replaced it when the battery died. That one
> is
> now on its last legs.
> It annoys me that the battery can't be changed - so I've purchased a Braun
> stick blender with whisk attachment. It's not cordless, but it handles
> small whisking jobs very well. The blender function is useful, and it
> also
> has a small chopper, handy for small amounts of garlic, ginger, parsley,
> etc. I won't miss the Handy Mixer at all.
>
> Sheila

I love my Braun. IMHO, you made a great choice at a reasonable price.

Dora

Valerie Belcher

Bamix hand mixers are supposed to be the best, but are expensive.
They are made by a swiss company who apprently make them for
professional kitchens. Sur La Table carry them.

Bob Hayden wrote:

> A number of years ago I had a cordless Black & Decker "Handy Mixer". Chraged
> on the wall and had 3 or 4 attachements. Handiest thing in the world to beat
> eggs or for small jobs....bigger ones go to the Kitchenaid Stand Mixer. Bad
> part is it died on me and never was all that powerful. I hadn't seen them
> for awhile but now I see B&D has a new one out. Anyone have one or have
> opinions on it? Or are there better alternatives?

Valerie Belcher

Bob Hayden wrote:

> A number of years ago I had a cordless Black & Decker "Handy Mixer". Chraged
> on the wall and had 3 or 4 attachements. Handiest thing in the world to beat
> eggs or for small jobs....bigger ones go to the Kitchenaid Stand Mixer. Bad
> part is it died on me and never was all that powerful. I hadn't seen them
> for awhile but now I see B&D has a new one out. Anyone have one or have
> opinions on it? Or are there better alternatives?

Boron Elgar

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 10:42:52 -0500, "limey" >
wrote:

>"S Viemeister" wrote in message > Bob Hayden wrote:
>>>
>>> A number of years ago I had a cordless Black & Decker "Handy Mixer".
>>> Chraged
>>> on the wall and had 3 or 4 attachements. Handiest thing in the world to
>>> beat
>>> eggs or for small jobs....bigger ones go to the Kitchenaid Stand Mixer.
>>> Bad
>>> part is it died on me and never was all that powerful. I hadn't seen them
>>> for awhile but now I see B&D has a new one out. Anyone have one or have
>>> opinions on it? Or are there better alternatives?

>> I bought one years ago, and replaced it when the battery died. That one
>> is
>> now on its last legs.
>> It annoys me that the battery can't be changed - so I've purchased a Braun
>> stick blender with whisk attachment. It's not cordless, but it handles
>> small whisking jobs very well. The blender function is useful, and it
>> also
>> has a small chopper, handy for small amounts of garlic, ginger, parsley,
>> etc. I won't miss the Handy Mixer at all.
>>
>> Sheila

>I love my Braun. IMHO, you made a great choice at a reasonable price.
>
>Dora

Sanyo also used to make one that was rechargeable, along with a small
line of kitchen gadgets, all of which took the same removable,
rechargeable batteries. The line is discontinued, but you can still
find them around. Order an extra battery or two (the company linked
below sells them cheaply) and you can be inexpensively happy.

The salt & pepper grinder, cheese grater, can opener AND the stick
blender, all for $34.99. I have had several of these items for at
least 4 years & they keep chugging along.

http://www.musicgraveyard.com/sacochpa.html

I also have the Braun, which is quite nice, but the Sanyo has the
advantage of a screw-off bottom part that is easily washed in the
sink....it might be dishwasher-safe, but I am not positive.

Boron
Boron Elgar

wrote:

>"S Viemeister" wrote in message > Bob Hayden wrote:
>>>
>>> A number of years ago I had a cordless Black & Decker "Handy Mixer".
>>> Chraged
>>> on the wall and had 3 or 4 attachements. Handiest thing in the world to
>>> beat
>>> eggs or for small jobs....bigger ones go to the Kitchenaid Stand Mixer.
>>> Bad
>>> part is it died on me and never was all that powerful. I hadn't seen them
>>> for awhile but now I see B&D has a new one out. Anyone have one or have
>>> opinions on it? Or are there better alternatives?

>> I bought one years ago, and replaced it when the battery died. That one
>> is
>> now on its last legs.
>> It annoys me that the battery can't be changed - so I've purchased a Braun
>> stick blender with whisk attachment. It's not cordless, but it handles
>> small whisking jobs very well. The blender function is useful, and it
>> also
>> has a small chopper, handy for small amounts of garlic, ginger, parsley,
>> etc. I won't miss the Handy Mixer at all.
>>
>> Sheila

>I love my Braun. IMHO, you made a great choice at a reasonable price.
>
>Dora

Sanyo also used to make one that was rechargeable, along with a small
line of kitchen gadgets, all of which took the same removable,
rechargeable batteries. The line is discontinued, but you can still
find them around. Order an extra battery or two (the company linked
below sells them cheaply) and you can be inexpensively happy.

The salt & pepper grinder, cheese grater, can opener AND the stick
blender, all for $34.99. I have had several of these items for at
least 4 years & they keep chugging along.

http://www.musicgraveyard.com/sacochpa.html

I also have the Braun, which is quite nice, but the Sanyo has the
advantage of a screw-off bottom part that is easily washed in the
sink....it might be dishwasher-safe, but I am not positive.

Boron
Boron Elgar

wrote:

>"S Viemeister" wrote in message > Bob Hayden wrote:
>>>
>>> A number of years ago I had a cordless Black & Decker "Handy Mixer".
>>> Chraged
>>> on the wall and had 3 or 4 attachements. Handiest thing in the world to
>>> beat
>>> eggs or for small jobs....bigger ones go to the Kitchenaid Stand Mixer.
>>> Bad
>>> part is it died on me and never was all that powerful. I hadn't seen them
>>> for awhile but now I see B&D has a new one out. Anyone have one or have
>>> opinions on it? Or are there better alternatives?

>> I bought one years ago, and replaced it when the battery died. That one
>> is
>> now on its last legs.
>> It annoys me that the battery can't be changed - so I've purchased a Braun
>> stick blender with whisk attachment. It's not cordless, but it handles
>> small whisking jobs very well. The blender function is useful, and it
>> also
>> has a small chopper, handy for small amounts of garlic, ginger, parsley,
>> etc. I won't miss the Handy Mixer at all.
>>
>> Sheila

>I love my Braun. IMHO, you made a great choice at a reasonable price.
>
>Dora

Sanyo also used to make one that was rechargeable, along with a small
line of kitchen gadgets, all of which took the same removable,
rechargeable batteries. The line is discontinued, but you can still
find them around. Order an extra battery or two (the company linked
below sells them cheaply) and you can be inexpensively happy.

The salt & pepper grinder, cheese grater, can opener AND the stick
blender, all for $34.99. I have had several of these items for at
least 4 years & they keep chugging along.

http://www.musicgraveyard.com/sacochpa.html

I also have the Braun, which is quite nice, but the Sanyo has the
advantage of a screw-off bottom part that is easily washed in the
sink....it might be dishwasher-safe, but I am not positive.

Boron

S Viemeister

Boron Elgar wrote:

> I also have the Braun, which is quite nice, but the Sanyo has the
> advantage of a screw-off bottom part that is easily washed in the
> sink....it might be dishwasher-safe, but I am not positive.

Braun makes a number of different models. The one I have has a detachable,
dishwasher-safe business end. Many years ago, I had a one-piece Braun,
which could be a bit of a hassle to clean.

Sheila

S Viemeister

Boron Elgar wrote:

> I also have the Braun, which is quite nice, but the Sanyo has the
> advantage of a screw-off bottom part that is easily washed in the
> sink....it might be dishwasher-safe, but I am not positive.

Braun makes a number of different models. The one I have has a detachable,
dishwasher-safe business end. Many years ago, I had a one-piece Braun,
which could be a bit of a hassle to clean.

Sheila

S Viemeister

Boron Elgar wrote:

> I also have the Braun, which is quite nice, but the Sanyo has the
> advantage of a screw-off bottom part that is easily washed in the
> sink....it might be dishwasher-safe, but I am not positive.

Braun makes a number of different models. The one I have has a detachable,
dishwasher-safe business end. Many years ago, I had a one-piece Braun,
which could be a bit of a hassle to clean.

Sheila

Boron Elgar

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 13:11:52 -0500, S Viemeister
> wrote:

>Boron Elgar wrote:
>

>> I also have the Braun, which is quite nice, but the Sanyo has the
>> advantage of a screw-off bottom part that is easily washed in the
>> sink....it might be dishwasher-safe, but I am not positive.
>>

>Braun makes a number of different models. The one I have has a detachable,
>dishwasher-safe business end. Many years ago, I had a one-piece Braun,
>which could be a bit of a hassle to clean.
>
>Sheila

That must be the one I have. It is about 15 years old.

Boron
Boron Elgar

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 13:11:52 -0500, S Viemeister
> wrote:

>Boron Elgar wrote:
>

>> I also have the Braun, which is quite nice, but the Sanyo has the
>> advantage of a screw-off bottom part that is easily washed in the
>> sink....it might be dishwasher-safe, but I am not positive.
>>

>Braun makes a number of different models. The one I have has a detachable,
>dishwasher-safe business end. Many years ago, I had a one-piece Braun,
>which could be a bit of a hassle to clean.
>
>Sheila

That must be the one I have. It is about 15 years old.

Boron

Boron Elgar

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 13:11:52 -0500, S Viemeister
> wrote:

>Boron Elgar wrote:
>

>> I also have the Braun, which is quite nice, but the Sanyo has the
>> advantage of a screw-off bottom part that is easily washed in the
>> sink....it might be dishwasher-safe, but I am not positive.
>>

>Braun makes a number of different models. The one I have has a detachable,
>dishwasher-safe business end. Many years ago, I had a one-piece Braun,
>which could be a bit of a hassle to clean.
>
>Sheila

That must be the one I have. It is about 15 years old.

Boron
limey

"S Viemeister" > wrote in message
> Boron Elgar wrote:
>

>> I also have the Braun, which is quite nice, but the Sanyo has the
>> advantage of a screw-off bottom part that is easily washed in the
>> sink....it might be dishwasher-safe, but I am not positive.
>>

> Braun makes a number of different models. The one I have has a
> detachable,
> dishwasher-safe business end. Many years ago, I had a one-piece Braun,
> which could be a bit of a hassle to clean.
>
> Sheila

Mine detaches, too. The top part can't be immersed or placed in the
dishwasher (has the motor inside) but the other parts are dishwasher safe .
I have found everything so easy to clean, though, that I just wash them at
the sink. I got a bargain with the 200-watt (I paid under $14) but I think
the 300-watt would be better.

Dora

limey

"S Viemeister" > wrote in message
> Boron Elgar wrote:
>

>> I also have the Braun, which is quite nice, but the Sanyo has the
>> advantage of a screw-off bottom part that is easily washed in the
>> sink....it might be dishwasher-safe, but I am not positive.
>>

> Braun makes a number of different models. The one I have has a
> detachable,
> dishwasher-safe business end. Many years ago, I had a one-piece Braun,
> which could be a bit of a hassle to clean.
>
> Sheila

Mine detaches, too. The top part can't be immersed or placed in the
dishwasher (has the motor inside) but the other parts are dishwasher safe .
I have found everything so easy to clean, though, that I just wash them at
the sink. I got a bargain with the 200-watt (I paid under $14) but I think
the 300-watt would be better.

Dora

Dee Randall

"Boron Elgar" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 10:42:52 -0500, "limey" >
> wrote:

>>> I bought one years ago, and replaced it when the battery died. That one
>>> is
>>> now on its last legs.
>>> It annoys me that the battery can't be changed - so I've purchased a
>>> Braun
>>> stick blender with whisk attachment. It's not cordless, but it handles
>>> small whisking jobs very well. The blender function is useful, and it
>>> also
>>> has a small chopper, handy for small amounts of garlic, ginger, parsley,
>>> etc. I won't miss the Handy Mixer at all.
>>>
>>> Sheila

>>I love my Braun. IMHO, you made a great choice at a reasonable price.
>>
>>Dora
>>

> Sanyo also used to make one that was rechargeable, along with a small
> line of kitchen gadgets, all of which took the same removable,
> rechargeable batteries. The line is discontinued, but you can still
> find them around. Order an extra battery or two (the company linked
> below sells them cheaply) and you can be inexpensively happy.
>
> The salt & pepper grinder, cheese grater, can opener AND the stick
> blender, all for $34.99. I have had several of these items for at
> least 4 years & they keep chugging along.
>
> http://www.musicgraveyard.com/sacochpa.html
>
> I also have the Braun, which is quite nice, but the Sanyo has the
> advantage of a screw-off bottom part that is easily washed in the
> sink....it might be dishwasher-safe, but I am not positive.
>
> Boron

I just got thru using my Moulinex Turbo, and I wonder why I ever bought it.
Maybe because it came with some sort of smoothie and a bunch of other
'thingies." But it has one speed: FAST and that speed is only attainable by
pushing and HOLDING down the button while you are using it. It is just too
darned heavy besides. Not for a frail person, by any means. I took it to
the storage room for a while, a long while.
Dee

Dee Randall