FoodBanter.com

-   Cooking Equipment (https://www.foodbanter.com/cooking-equipment/)
-   -   a camping essential pan (https://www.foodbanter.com/cooking-equipment/424982-camping-essential-pan.html)

casa bona[_2_] 22-07-2013 09:54 PM

a camping essential pan

Whether you're backpacking or just using a Coleman stove this little gem
is a must-have:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000GWG14Q

T-fal Specialty Nonstick One Egg Wonder Pan

http://www.t-falusa.com/All+Products...Egg+Wonder.htm

The pan size is just right for an XL size egg, the nonstick coating
really is, and the weight it light.

We take 2 camping, and when a sort of semi-soft-poached egg is wanted we
lid with heavy foil.

These replaced the considerably OVER_rated "Joie" brand egg pan which
has a cute handle, but won't sit well on a burner as the faux egg
unbalances it backward.

http://www.amazon.com/Joie-Vivre-501...words=egg+joie

And it is too small for anything but a medium egg.

I would also note their idea of a non-stick coating lasts less than a
year in real world use.

I grade them useless, cutesy, toy pans.

T-fal never fails to do the right thing in lighter weight pans.

Martyn444 10-12-2013 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by casa bona[_2_] (Post 1851289)
Whether you're backpacking or just using a Coleman stove this little gem
is a must-have:

T-fal A8570084 Specialty Nonstick One Egg Wonder 4.5-Inch Fry Pan Dishwasher Safe Cookware, Grey : Amazon.com : Kitchen & Dining

T-fal Specialty Nonstick One Egg Wonder Pan

One Egg Wonder - Non-Stick Cookware - T-FAL USA

The pan size is just right for an XL size egg, the nonstick coating
really is, and the weight it light.

We take 2 camping, and when a sort of semi-soft-poached egg is wanted we
lid with heavy foil.

These replaced the considerably OVER_rated "Joie" brand egg pan which
has a cute handle, but won't sit well on a burner as the faux egg
unbalances it backward.

Amazon.com: Joie de Vivre 50162 Mini Fry Egg Pan with Nonstick Surface: Kitchen & Dining

And it is too small for anything but a medium egg.

I would also note their idea of a non-stick coating lasts less than a
year in real world use.

I grade them useless, cutesy, toy pans.

T-fal never fails to do the right thing in lighter weight pans.

I prefer to read this kind of nice stuff. The quality of content is fine and the conclusion is good. Thanks for the post.

shawn55 12-12-2013 04:14 AM

Excellent posts to read it up and keep going on this way.