speedygg

Default Anybody using the Never-MT soap dispenser system?

I am thinking of purchasing the following soap dispenser that uses the
Never-MT conversion kit. I found it in the archives of this news
group. Looks pretty cool.

http://store.yahoo.com/custominserts...soandlodi.html

I am interested in comments from any owners that have purchased this
system and had time to use it. Not too keen on paying 35 bucks for a
soap dispenser. However if it is well made and works without clogging,
heck why not.

Thanks,

-pgg
Vox Humana

"speedygg" > wrote in message
> I am thinking of purchasing the following soap dispenser that uses the
> Never-MT conversion kit. I found it in the archives of this news
> group. Looks pretty cool.
>
> http://store.yahoo.com/custominserts...soandlodi.html
>
> I am interested in comments from any owners that have purchased this
> system and had time to use it. Not too keen on paying 35 bucks for a
> soap dispenser. However if it is well made and works without clogging,
> heck why not.

I bought one and have used it for about a year. I get the gallon size dish
detergent from Costco and only have had to change it once. The system works
fine and has never clogged. The only down side is that the pump has a lot
more resistance since it is lifting the liquid from the bottom of the sink
cabinet instead of from the reservoir of the dispenser. Therefore, the pump
doesn't return instantly to the ready position and it takes a couple of
seconds before you can get another dose of detergent. I think I will see if
I can take the pump apart and replace the spring with a stronger one. Also,
the diameter of the tubing will not fit on every pump. I needed to replace
my pump because the finish was flaking off. The first replacement I bought
didn't work with the kit, the tube was too small in diameter. I found
another one (very cheap) at Home Depot that worked but as I mentioned, the
spring needs to be stronger to allow for a rapid sequence of pulses.

Philip Weiss

Diluting the soap in the container with some water makes it much easier to
pump.

"Vox Humana" > wrote in message

> "speedygg" > wrote in message
>> I am thinking of purchasing the following soap dispenser that uses the
>> Never-MT conversion kit. I found it in the archives of this news
>> group. Looks pretty cool.
>>
>> http://store.yahoo.com/custominserts...soandlodi.html
>>
>> I am interested in comments from any owners that have purchased this
>> system and had time to use it. Not too keen on paying 35 bucks for a
>> soap dispenser. However if it is well made and works without clogging,
>> heck why not.
>>

> I bought one and have used it for about a year. I get the gallon size
> dish
> detergent from Costco and only have had to change it once. The system
> works
> fine and has never clogged. The only down side is that the pump has a lot
> more resistance since it is lifting the liquid from the bottom of the sink
> cabinet instead of from the reservoir of the dispenser. Therefore, the
> pump
> doesn't return instantly to the ready position and it takes a couple of
> seconds before you can get another dose of detergent. I think I will see
> if
> I can take the pump apart and replace the spring with a stronger one.
> Also,
> the diameter of the tubing will not fit on every pump. I needed to
> replace
> my pump because the finish was flaking off. The first replacement I
> bought
> didn't work with the kit, the tube was too small in diameter. I found
> another one (very cheap) at Home Depot that worked but as I mentioned, the
> spring needs to be stronger to allow for a rapid sequence of pulses.

Rick Auricchio

In article >, speedygg
> wrote:

> I am thinking of purchasing the following soap dispenser that uses the
> Never-MT conversion kit. I found it in the archives of this news
> group. Looks pretty cool.
>
> http://store.yahoo.com/custominserts...soandlodi.html
>
> I am interested in comments from any owners that have purchased this
> system and had time to use it. Not too keen on paying 35 bucks for a
> soap dispenser. However if it is well made and works without clogging,
> heck why not.

You can buy just the conversion tube assembly from Custom Inserts for
$6.95. Find it at http://www.custominserts.com/nevermt.html .

I have four Never-MT kits, two on each sink. One handles dish
detergent, the other hand soap.

I use gallon jugs of each liquid. For the detergent, I use the Smart N
Final blue stuff (like Dawn). I don't dilute.

They've been working flawlessly for almost two years.

--
- rick http://www.cfcl.com/~rick/
Rick Auricchio Macs Only: Macintosh support
Vox Humana

"Rick Auricchio" > wrote in message
> In article >, speedygg
> > wrote:
>
> > I am thinking of purchasing the following soap dispenser that uses the
> > Never-MT conversion kit. I found it in the archives of this news
> > group. Looks pretty cool.
> >
> > http://store.yahoo.com/custominserts...soandlodi.html
> >
> > I am interested in comments from any owners that have purchased this
> > system and had time to use it. Not too keen on paying 35 bucks for a
> > soap dispenser. However if it is well made and works without clogging,
> > heck why not.

> You can buy just the conversion tube assembly from Custom Inserts for
> $6.95. Find it at http://www.custominserts.com/nevermt.html .

I need to clarify my point. I bought the conversion kit that you
referenced, not the entire pump.

speedygg

Rick Auricchio > wrote in message >...

> You can buy just the conversion tube assembly from Custom Inserts for
> $6.95. Find it at http://www.custominserts.com/nevermt.html .
>
> I have four Never-MT kits, two on each sink. One handles dish
> detergent, the other hand soap.
>
> I use gallon jugs of each liquid. For the detergent, I use the Smart N
> Final blue stuff (like Dawn). I don't dilute.
>
> They've been working flawlessly for almost two years.

Thanks for the info and sorry to make a big deal out of a simple soap
dispenser. However we have the template person coming in about 2 weeks
and we will need to decide how may holes to drill for undermount sink.

Regarding having 2 soap dispensers installed by the sink, my wife was
concerned that we would get confused as to which is hand soap vs
detergent. I am at the point where I really don't give a damn, however
I suppose we could get 2 different color handles to distinguish.
Lisa

"speedygg" > wrote in message
m...
and we will need to decide how may holes to drill for undermount sink.

> Regarding having 2 soap dispensers installed by the sink, my wife was
> concerned that we would get confused as to which is hand soap vs
> detergent. I am at the point where I really don't give a damn, however
> I suppose we could get 2 different color handles to distinguish.

I have two dispensers on my sink; one with dish soap and one with hand
soap. Both dispensers are the same. We put the one with dish soap on the
side that we usually wash the dishes in and the hand soap on the other side.
Every once in a while I do end up washing my hands with the dish soap LOL.

Lisa

"speedygg" > wrote in message
m...
and we will need to decide how may holes to drill for undermount sink.

> Regarding having 2 soap dispensers installed by the sink, my wife was
> concerned that we would get confused as to which is hand soap vs
> detergent. I am at the point where I really don't give a damn, however
> I suppose we could get 2 different color handles to distinguish.

I have two dispensers on my sink; one with dish soap and one with hand
soap. Both dispensers are the same. We put the one with dish soap on the
side that we usually wash the dishes in and the hand soap on the other side.
Every once in a while I do end up washing my hands with the dish soap LOL.

Rick Auricchio

speedygg > wrote:

Regarding having 2 soap dispensers installed by the sink, my wife was
> concerned that we would get confused as to which is hand soap vs
> detergent. I am at the point where I really don't give a damn, however
> I suppose we could get 2 different color handles to distinguish.

My hand-soap dispensers are white, matching all the other faucetry. The
detergent ones are black. It's especially useful when friends are over
for a cooking/dining evening.

I neglected to mention that my Never-MT kits are attached to Moen
dispensers.

--
- rick http://www.cfcl.com/~rick/
Rick Auricchio Macs Only: Macintosh support
I acknowledge the existence of a higher power, and have therefore installed
surge suppressors.
Rick Auricchio

speedygg > wrote:

Regarding having 2 soap dispensers installed by the sink, my wife was
> concerned that we would get confused as to which is hand soap vs
> detergent. I am at the point where I really don't give a damn, however
> I suppose we could get 2 different color handles to distinguish.

My hand-soap dispensers are white, matching all the other faucetry. The
detergent ones are black. It's especially useful when friends are over
for a cooking/dining evening.

I neglected to mention that my Never-MT kits are attached to Moen
dispensers.

--
- rick http://www.cfcl.com/~rick/
Rick Auricchio Macs Only: Macintosh support
I acknowledge the existence of a higher power, and have therefore installed
surge suppressors.
Rick Auricchio

Don Wiss > wrote:

> When I had a soap dispenser I just had one. I used dish detergent for my
> hands. I saw no reason not to. And isn't it cheaper?

I do occasionally when I want the better grease-cutting capabilities.
But long-term use of detergent may dry your skin. I also find that I
can use less of the lotion-soap product than the detergent for my
hands.

--
- rick http://www.cfcl.com/~rick/
Rick Auricchio Macs Only: Macintosh support
I acknowledge the existence of a higher power, and have therefore installed
surge suppressors.
speedygg

All done. Bought 2 soap dispensors (same color) and will probably
place one on each side. Opted against different color dispensers given
that I would still have to explain to guest which one is soap vs
detergent.
I think I will use the dispensers with bottle for a while first to see
how big a chore it is to refill. The dispensers I bought allow you to
fill from top. We can always buy the Never-MT later if need be.

Thanks a lot for all the input.

Rick Auricchio > wrote in message
> I have four Never-MT kits, two on each sink. One handles dish
> detergent, the other hand soap.
>
> I use gallon jugs of each liquid. For the detergent, I use the Smart N
> Final blue stuff (like Dawn). I don't dilute.
>
> They've been working flawlessly for almost two years.

Rick Auricchio

speedygg > wrote:

> I think I will use the dispensers with bottle for a while first to see
> how big a chore it is to refill. The dispensers I bought allow you to
> fill from top. We can always buy the Never-MT later if need be.

Many of the dispensers have an 8-ounce bottle. Though a fill would
probably last for several weeks, I just didn't want to fill from the
top.

An overflow while pouring from the gallon would be a real mess. Washing
soap off the counter could take forever!

--
- rick http://www.cfcl.com/~rick/
Rick Auricchio Macs Only: Macintosh support
I acknowledge the existence of a higher power, and have therefore installed
surge suppressors.

Member

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedygg View Post
I am thinking of purchasing the following soap dispenser that uses the
Never-MT conversion kit. I found it in the archives of this news
group. Looks pretty cool.

Soap/ Lotion Dispenser with a FREE Never-MT Conversion Kit

I am interested in comments from any owners that have purchased this
system and had time to use it. Not too keen on paying 35 bucks for a
soap dispenser. However if it is well made and works without clogging,
heck why not.

Thanks,

-pgg
I JUST BOUGHT THIS ITEM....EASY TO INSTALL BUT HARD TO GET THE SOAP GOING...I HAVE SPENT ALL DAY TRYING TO GET THE SOAP GOING...I WILL STILL TRY TO MAKE IT WORK...MAYBE IF I WORK OUT FIRST AND THEN GO TRYING TO GET THAT SOAP GOING UP TO THE DISPENSER...I STILL LIKE THE IDEA OF USING THE SOAP BOTTLE RATHER THAN THE ONE IT CAME WITH THE DISPENSER.