FoodBanter.com

-   Cooking Equipment (https://www.foodbanter.com/cooking-equipment/)
-   -   How to Adjust/Fix Burners on a Garland (https://www.foodbanter.com/cooking-equipment/409103-how-adjust-fix-burners.html)

[email protected] 10-07-2011 05:14 PM

How to Adjust/Fix Burners on a Garland

I have a Garland six burner gas stove that's about 10 years old. I
like it (though I'd buy something else next time), but the burners
have an annoying propensity not to light when I turn the gas on. It
has electric spark pilots that keep clicking until the gas ignites,
but this just keeps on clicking with no ignition unless I use a match.
This mainly happens on the front left burner.

How can I adjust or fix this?

Thanks very much.

Pico Rico[_2_] 10-07-2011 08:32 PM

How to Adjust/Fix Burners on a Garland

> wrote in message
>I have a Garland six burner gas stove that's about 10 years old. I
> like it (though I'd buy something else next time), but the burners
> have an annoying propensity not to light when I turn the gas on. It
> has electric spark pilots that keep clicking until the gas ignites,
> but this just keeps on clicking with no ignition unless I use a match.
> This mainly happens on the front left burner.
>
> How can I adjust or fix this?
>
> Thanks very much.

you can push the clicker "wire" closer to the burner, and/or make sure the
ports near the clicker wire are completely clear so they put out a good
blast of gas to be ignited.

You can also gently blow the gas toward the clicker wire.

S Viemeister[_2_] 10-07-2011 09:41 PM

On 7/10/2011 5:14 PM, wrote:
> I have a Garland six burner gas stove that's about 10 years old. I
> like it (though I'd buy something else next time), but the burners
> have an annoying propensity not to light when I turn the gas on. It
> has electric spark pilots that keep clicking until the gas ignites,
> but this just keeps on clicking with no ignition unless I use a match.
> This mainly happens on the front left burner.
>
> How can I adjust or fix this?

Sounds like you need to replace the little spark generator. Check the
company website - they may have a parts diagram.