MC

Default Food Processor Recommendation w/French Fry Cutter

I am looking for a new food processer. I have eliminated the
KitchenAid and Cuisinart as they don't come with a french fry disc and
at their price, I feel it is crazy to have to buy a $45 accessory.
Any recommendations? The only one I have found so far is the Euro-Pro
Quad that has the french fry disc included. My old Braun came with
one, but they don't seem to make it any more.
Peter Aitken

"MC" > wrote in message
om...
> I am looking for a new food processer. I have eliminated the
> KitchenAid and Cuisinart as they don't come with a french fry disc and
> at their price, I feel it is crazy to have to buy a $45 accessory.
> Any recommendations? The only one I have found so far is the Euro-Pro
> Quad that has the french fry disc included. My old Braun came with
> one, but they don't seem to make it any more.

Get a manual FF cutter - they work better, are no more efvfort (less
probably) and are cheaper. Food processors are meant for other chores.

--
Peter Aitken

Donald Tsang

Peter Aitken > wrote:
>"MC" > wrote in message
>> I am looking for a new food processer. I have eliminated the
>> KitchenAid and Cuisinart as they don't come with a french fry disc and
>> at their price, I feel it is crazy to have to buy a $45 accessory.

>Get a manual FF cutter - they work better, are no more efvfort (less
>probably) and are cheaper. Food processors are meant for other chores.

Specifically, I'd suggest getting a manual vertifcal fry cutter
that mounts on the wall, and screw it into the studs (so you don't
accidentally tear holes in your drywall).

Either that, or a "veg-o-matic" (yes, by Ronco). My parents have
one, and my sister found one at a garage sale for like $5. I've
been looking for one (for under $20) on and off for years...

Donald

Donald Tsang

Peter Aitken > wrote:
>"MC" > wrote in message
>> I am looking for a new food processer. I have eliminated the
>> KitchenAid and Cuisinart as they don't come with a french fry disc and
>> at their price, I feel it is crazy to have to buy a $45 accessory.

>Get a manual FF cutter - they work better, are no more efvfort (less
>probably) and are cheaper. Food processors are meant for other chores.

Specifically, I'd suggest getting a manual vertical fry cutter
that mounts on the wall, and screw it into the studs (so you don't
accidentally tear holes in your drywall).

Either that, or a "veg-o-matic" (yes, by Ronco). My parents have
one, and my sister found one at a garage sale for like $5. I've
been looking for one (for under $20) on and off for years...

Donald

Donald Tsang

Peter Aitken > wrote:
>"MC" > wrote in message
>> I am looking for a new food processer. I have eliminated the
>> KitchenAid and Cuisinart as they don't come with a french fry disc and
>> at their price, I feel it is crazy to have to buy a $45 accessory.

>Get a manual FF cutter - they work better, are no more efvfort (less
>probably) and are cheaper. Food processors are meant for other chores.

Specifically, I'd suggest getting a manual vertical fry cutter
that mounts on the wall, and screw it into the studs (so you don't
accidentally tear holes in your drywall).

Either that, or a "veg-o-matic" (yes, by Ronco). My parents have
one, and my sister found one at a garage sale for like $5. I've
been looking for one (for under $20) on and off for years...

Donald

Vox Humana

"MC" > wrote in message
om...
> I am looking for a new food processer. I have eliminated the
> KitchenAid and Cuisinart as they don't come with a french fry disc and
> at their price, I feel it is crazy to have to buy a $45 accessory.
> Any recommendations? The only one I have found so far is the Euro-Pro
> Quad that has the french fry disc included. My old Braun came with
> one, but they don't seem to make it any more.

My Braun FP came with a FF disk. It has worked fine for over 15 years and
the price was right. You can see them online he
http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=...Food+Processor

Vox Humana

"MC" > wrote in message
om...
> I am looking for a new food processer. I have eliminated the
> KitchenAid and Cuisinart as they don't come with a french fry disc and
> at their price, I feel it is crazy to have to buy a $45 accessory.
> Any recommendations? The only one I have found so far is the Euro-Pro
> Quad that has the french fry disc included. My old Braun came with
> one, but they don't seem to make it any more.

My Braun FP came with a FF disk. It has worked fine for over 15 years and
the price was right. You can see them online he
http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=...Food+Processor

MC

To be clear, the "french fry" disk is not just for french fries. It is
for julienne of anything- carrots, jicama, etc. Just about every
mandeloin has one and since the food processor is an automated
mandeloin, it should have it too.

(MC) wrote in message . com>...
> I am looking for a new food processer. I have eliminated the
> KitchenAid and Cuisinart as they don't come with a french fry disc and
> at their price, I feel it is crazy to have to buy a $45 accessory.
> Any recommendations? The only one I have found so far is the Euro-Pro
> Quad that has the french fry disc included. My old Braun came with
> one, but they don't seem to make it any more.

Matthew L. Martin

MC wrote:

> I am looking for a new food processer. I have eliminated the
> KitchenAid and Cuisinart as they don't come with a french fry disc and
> at their price, I feel it is crazy to have to buy a $45 accessory.
> Any recommendations? The only one I have found so far is the Euro-Pro
> Quad that has the french fry disc included. My old Braun came with
> one, but they don't seem to make it any more.

I recommend a mandolin. They are great tools and make a lot of french
fries in a hurry.

Matthew

You can't win
You can't break even
You can't get out of the game
Sam D.

"Cynthia Perry" > wrote in message

> One possibility... shop eBay for a used French Fry disc. I got

lucky,
> found a group of several discs including the french fry disc for my
> Cuisinart DLC-8. I sold off the extras and ended up with something
> like 3 discs I didn't have for $20.

I did the same thing. I have an old Sunbeam Le Chef FP and the main
cutting/chopping blade broke. I found a whole set of blades on ebay
including the FF blade which I didn't have before. I paid less than
$20 for all and sold off the grating blade to a losing bidder for half
my cost.

Sam D.