Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Food mill rec: Foley or Moulinex?

I'm ready to add a food mill to my arsenal. Any pros and cons on
either of these brands, or is there another I should consider?

What about all metal vs. one with plastic parts?

Thanks.
Posted to rec.food.equipment

On 2/11/2011 7:22 PM, Kalmia wrote:
> I'm ready to add a food mill to my arsenal. Any pros and cons on
> either of these brands, or is there another I should consider?
>
> What about all metal vs. one with plastic parts?
>
> Thanks.

If it's a real food mill you want, Foley is the traditional brand. No
plastic, IMHO. I didn't know Mouli made a food mill. I'm familiar with
Mouli graters with the barrel grater. They are wonderful for things like
hard cheese and chocolate. They also make an interesting textured egg
salad.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Member

I didn't know Mouli made a food mill. I'm familiar with Mouli graters with the barrel grater. They are wonderful for things like hard cheese and chocolate.
Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Feb 11, 10:21*pm, Janet Wilder > wrote:
> On 2/11/2011 7:22 PM, Kalmia wrote:
>
> > I'm ready to add a food mill to my arsenal. *Any pros and cons on
> > either of these brands, or is there another I should consider?

> > What about all metal vs. one with plastic parts?

> > Thanks.

> If it's a real food mill you want, Foley is the traditional brand. No
> plastic, IMHO. I didn't know Mouli made a food mill. I'm familiar with
> Mouli graters with the barrel grater. They are wonderful for things like
> hard cheese and chocolate. *They also make an interesting textured egg
> salad.
>
> --
> Janet Wilder
> Way-the-heck-south Texas
> Spelling doesn't count. *Cooking does.

The barrel grater also does a better job on mozzarella than the flat
grater I'd been using. I buy the huge block rather than the ready
shredded.