Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Loft Refrigerator

I've seen these on my recently acquired
taste of watching remodeling/renovation
shows on DIYnetwork and HGTV and can't
find an online link to a retailer that
carries them.

Can anyone suggest a link?
Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 11:42:25 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"

<http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_constraint=4044&ic=48_0&search_query= refrigerator&Find.x=0&Find.y=0&Find=Find>
--
Susan N.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

In article
<sdm4r5pc0u993rqeifbiq8p1jdannm9a53@4ax.
com>,
The Cook >
wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 11:42:25 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"
> > wrote:
>
> >I've seen these on my recently acquired
> >taste of watching remodeling/renovation
> >shows on DIYnetwork and HGTV and can't
> >find an online link to a retailer that
> >carries them.
> >
> >Can anyone suggest a link?

> <http://www.walmart.com/search/search...44&ic=48_0&sea
> rch_query=refrigerator&Find.x=0&Find.y=0&Find=Find >

Nope. The ones I saw on the show were
"full" size (maybe 14, 17 or more cu ft)
but taller and narrower
Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 22:54:12 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"
> wrote:

>In article
><sdm4r5pc0u993rqeifbiq8p1jdannm9a53@4ax.
>com>,
> The Cook >
> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 11:42:25 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >I've seen these on my recently acquired
>> >taste of watching remodeling/renovation
>> >shows on DIYnetwork and HGTV and can't
>> >find an online link to a retailer that
>> >carries them.
>> >
>> >Can anyone suggest a link?

>> <http://www.walmart.com/search/search...44&ic=48_0&sea
>> rch_query=refrigerator&Find.x=0&Find.y=0&Find=Find >

>Nope. The ones I saw on the show were
>"full" size (maybe 14, 17 or more cu ft)
>but taller and narrower

Have you tried checking the web sites of the major manufacturers and
vendors of refrigerators?
--
Susan N.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

In article
<rei6r55lo207u35rp1dsssavcp04vjruvl@4ax.
com>,
The Cook >
wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 22:54:12 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"
> > wrote:
>
> >In article
> ><sdm4r5pc0u993rqeifbiq8p1jdannm9a53@4ax.
> >com>,
> > The Cook >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 11:42:25 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"

> >> <http://www.walmart.com/search/search...=4044&ic=48_0&
> >> sea
> >> rch_query=refrigerator&Find.x=0&Find.y=0&Find=Find >

> >Nope. The ones I saw on the show were
> >"full" size (maybe 14, 17 or more cu ft)
> >but taller and narrower

> Have you tried checking the web sites of the major manufacturers and
> vendors of refrigerators?

Some of them. I was of the opinion that
doing a search would be the most direct
route but all I get is listings for
apartments or rental units with "loft
refrigerators". Kind of strange.

--

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur
adipiscing elit. Cras lobortis volutpat
commodo. Morbi lobortis, massa fringilla
adipiscing suscipit, velit urna pharetra
neque, non luctus arcu diam vitae justo.
Vivamus lacinia scelerisque ultricies.
Nunc lobortis elit ligula. Aliquam
sollicitudin nunc sed est gravida ac
viverra tellus ullamcorper. Vivamus non
nisi suscipit nisi egestas venenatis.
Donec vitae arcu id urna euismod
feugiat. Vivamus porta lobortis
ultricies. Nulla adipiscing tellus a
neque vehicula porta. Maecenas volutpat
aliquet sagittis. Proin nisi magna,
molestie id volutpat in, tincidunt sed
dolor. Nullam nisi erat, aliquet
scelerisque sagittis vitae, pretium
accumsan odio. Sed ut mi iaculis eros
rutrum tristique ut nec mi. Aliquam nec
augue dui, in mattis urna. In pretium
metus eu diam blandit accumsan. Ut eu
lorem sed odio porttitor blandit.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

In article
<Xns9D4CCBEA223D7wayneboatwrightatari@69
..16.185.250>,
Wayne Boatwright

wrote:

> On Wed 31 Mar 2010 01:00:33p, Malcom "Mal" Reynolds told us...
>
> > In article
> > <rei6r55lo207u35rp1dsssavcp04vjruvl@4ax.
> > com>,
> > The Cook >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 22:54:12 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"

> >> Have you tried checking the web sites of the major manufacturers and
> >> vendors of refrigerators?

> > Some of them. I was of the opinion that
> > doing a search would be the most direct
> > route but all I get is listings for
> > apartments or rental units with "loft
> > refrigerators". Kind of strange.
> >

> The OP might want to do a search for "apartment size refrigerators". They
> tend to be narrower and taller.

Sllightly better results but the
"tallest" was 5 feet tall and I'm sure
the ones I saw were more than 6 feet
tall by about 2+ feet wide.

--

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur
adipiscing elit. Cras lobortis volutpat
commodo. Morbi lobortis, massa fringilla
adipiscing suscipit, velit urna pharetra
neque, non luctus arcu diam vitae justo.
Vivamus lacinia scelerisque ultricies.
Nunc lobortis elit ligula. Aliquam
sollicitudin nunc sed est gravida ac
viverra tellus ullamcorper. Vivamus non
nisi suscipit nisi egestas venenatis.
Donec vitae arcu id urna euismod
feugiat. Vivamus porta lobortis
ultricies. Nulla adipiscing tellus a
neque vehicula porta. Maecenas volutpat
aliquet sagittis. Proin nisi magna,
molestie id volutpat in, tincidunt sed
dolor. Nullam nisi erat, aliquet
scelerisque sagittis vitae, pretium
accumsan odio. Sed ut mi iaculis eros
rutrum tristique ut nec mi. Aliquam nec
augue dui, in mattis urna. In pretium
metus eu diam blandit accumsan. Ut eu
lorem sed odio porttitor blandit.
Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 11:42:25 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"
> wrote:

>I've seen these on my recently acquired
>taste of watching remodeling/renovation
>shows on DIYnetwork and HGTV and can't
>find an online link to a retailer that
>carries them.
>
>Can anyone suggest a link?

Just what exactly makes them "loft" refrigerators as opposed to just a
smaller sized one. Have you paid close attention to the brands that
are used on the shows. Maybe you should tape a few and check to see
what is used. They usually give the brand names, at least in the
credits.
--
Susan N.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

In article
<ai49r5lpl4vobfeg0iqlgsnjskfcvpodvm@4ax.
com>,
The Cook >
wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 11:42:25 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"
> > wrote:
>
> >I've seen these on my recently acquired
> >taste of watching remodeling/renovation
> >shows on DIYnetwork and HGTV and can't
> >find an online link to a retailer that
> >carries them.
> >
> >Can anyone suggest a link?

> Just what exactly makes them "loft" refrigerators as opposed to just a
> smaller sized one. Have you paid close attention to the brands that
> are used on the shows. Maybe you should tape a few and check to see
> what is used. They usually give the brand names, at least in the
> credits.

The description is that they are "full"
sized just taller and narrower.

I will have to pay more attention to the
credits.
Posted to rec.food.equipment

In article
<cdhcr5pdbc7el76eqpamorm4ua85i72cb6@4ax.
com>,
Chemiker >
wrote:

> VestFrost of Denmark?
>
> http://www.conservrefrigerators.com/conserv.html
>
> HTH

I do believe this might be the one.
Thanks.
Posted to rec.food.equipment

In article
<86fcr5dmpfpvd2bcuv9jtn7fas6266atkg@4ax.
com>,
Chemiker >
wrote:

> On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 22:24:15 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"
> > wrote:
>
> >In article
> ><Xns9D4CCBEA223D7wayneboatwrightatari@69
> >.16.185.250>,
> > Wayne Boatwright
> > >

> >Sllightly better results but the
> >"tallest" was 5 feet tall and I'm sure
> >the ones I saw were more than 6 feet
> >tall by about 2+ feet wide.

> May I suggest you first verify the maximum load rating of the floor
> where your refriferator is to be installed, including the intended
> location? Your realtor or the architects should be able to verify the
> maximum lbs/sq-ft your floor and intended location will tolerate. Once
> this is established, you can decide whether you need a conventional
> fridge or something other. For Example, a typical 16-17 cuft
> conventional fridge might have a foorprint of @ 6 sq-ft and a weight
> of maybe 150 lb. This calculates to 25 lbs/sq-ft loading, not
> including the contents. That's not particularly worrisome in most
> cases. I mean it's not like you have a bank safe of the same size that
> you need to store in your attic! LOL
>
> If your loft was developed in a building converted from some
> industrial use, the building might be overdesigned from the dwelling
> standpoint, and a weight issue may not exist. Your main selection
> criteria may be size, style, voltage and finish. I tried duplicating
> your serch criteria, and I see your problem.
>
> Good luck in your search.
>
> Alex

It's not a problem. I was more curious
about the item as I'd never seen one. I
live in a house with a small kitchen, so
it might have been interesting when I
was finishing the kitchen, but I already
had a nice french door fridge.

Thanks again.

--

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur
adipiscing elit. Cras lobortis volutpat
commodo. Morbi lobortis, massa fringilla
adipiscing suscipit, velit urna pharetra
neque, non luctus arcu diam vitae justo.
Vivamus lacinia scelerisque ultricies.
Nunc lobortis elit ligula. Aliquam
sollicitudin nunc sed est gravida ac
viverra tellus ullamcorper. Vivamus non
nisi suscipit nisi egestas venenatis.
Donec vitae arcu id urna euismod
feugiat. Vivamus porta lobortis
ultricies. Nulla adipiscing tellus a
neque vehicula porta. Maecenas volutpat
aliquet sagittis. Proin nisi magna,
molestie id volutpat in, tincidunt sed
dolor. Nullam nisi erat, aliquet
scelerisque sagittis vitae, pretium
accumsan odio. Sed ut mi iaculis eros
rutrum tristique ut nec mi. Aliquam nec
augue dui, in mattis urna. In pretium
metus eu diam blandit accumsan. Ut eu
lorem sed odio porttitor blandit.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 22:24:15 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"
> wrote:

>In article
><Xns9D4CCBEA223D7wayneboatwrightatari@69
>.16.185.250>,
> Wayne Boatwright
> >

>Sllightly better results but the
>"tallest" was 5 feet tall and I'm sure
>the ones I saw were more than 6 feet
>tall by about 2+ feet wide.

May I suggest you first verify the maximum load rating of the floor
where your refriferator is to be installed, including the intended
location? Your realtor or the architects should be able to verify the
maximum lbs/sq-ft your floor and intended location will tolerate. Once
this is established, you can decide whether you need a conventional
fridge or something other. For Example, a typical 16-17 cuft
conventional fridge might have a foorprint of @ 6 sq-ft and a weight
of maybe 150 lb. This calculates to 25 lbs/sq-ft loading, not
including the contents. That's not particularly worrisome in most
cases. I mean it's not like you have a bank safe of the same size that
you need to store in your attic! LOL

If your loft was developed in a building converted from some
industrial use, the building might be overdesigned from the dwelling
standpoint, and a weight issue may not exist. Your main selection
criteria may be size, style, voltage and finish. I tried duplicating
your serch criteria, and I see your problem.

Good luck in your search.

Alex
Posted to rec.food.equipment

FAGOR 3FCA-68NFX might fit. 24x24 footprint. Height 78 in, cap. 10 cu
ft.

HTH
Posted to rec.food.equipment

VestFrost of Denmark?

http://www.conservrefrigerators.com/conserv.html

HTH
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds View Post
I've seen these on my recently acquired
taste of watching remodeling/renovation
shows on DIYnetwork and HGTV and can't
find an online link to a retailer that
carries them.

Can anyone suggest a link?
GE Canada offers these refrigerators. They are counter depth, just over 23 inches wide and 6-1/2 feet tall and only hold 12 cubic feet of food.

GEAppliances.ca - Canada's leading manufacturer of major appliances, parts, and accessories.

Hilandgirl
Posted to rec.food.equipment

In article

>,

Hilandgirl

m> wrote:

> Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds;1458869 Wrote:
> > I've seen these on my recently acquired
> > taste of watching remodeling/renovation
> > shows on DIYnetwork and HGTV and can't
> > find an online link to a retailer that
> > carries them.
> >
> > Can anyone suggest a link?

> GE Canada offers these refrigerators. They are counter depth, just over
> 23 inches wide and 6-1/2 feet tall and only hold 12 cubic feet of food.
>
> 'GEAppliances.ca - Canada's leading manufacturer of major appliances,
> parts, and accessories.' (http://tinyurl.com/3389xmr)
>
> Hilandgirl

Thanks

Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilandgirl View Post
GE Canada offers these refrigerators. They are counter depth, just over 23 inches wide and 6-1/2 feet tall and only hold 12 cubic feet of food.

GEAppliances.ca - Canada's leading manufacturer of major appliances, parts, and accessories.

Hilandgirl
I have also seen these on HGTV. They are a full size frig, about 80" tall and narrow. I have searched web. ILVE out of Canada makes one - over $3000. Could not find where to contact. Frigidaire also makes one, but could not get any info on line.

Sara Y.

New refrigerator George Leppla General Cooking 169 04-10-2014 03:54 AM
Refrigerator robsam Cooking Equipment 3 09-03-2010 02:36 PM
Q: Best Refrigerator Goro General Cooking 19 22-05-2009 01:22 AM
Food in Refrigerator [email protected] General Cooking 15 02-01-2008 10:48 PM
Sub-Zero's new Pro 48 refrigerator Liz General Cooking 0 16-05-2005 07:55 PM