FoodBanter.com

-   Cooking Equipment (https://www.foodbanter.com/cooking-equipment/)
-   -   Crock Pot leak (https://www.foodbanter.com/cooking-equipment/393117-crock-pot-leak.html)

ya wanna know 18-01-2010 03:47 PM

Crock Pot leak

I have a large crock pot. The glass cover is a bit warped. There is a
large gap around one corner of the pot. Is there anything I can put
along the top of the pot to not have this large gap? The gap is approx.
1/8 of an inch. I have tried using aluminum foil. It worked, but not well.

I was thinking of some kind of gasket type material that can withstand
the heat and is ok to use on a food appliance. I went to the hardware
store and the guy could not think of anything, other then a bead of
aluminum foil.

Maybe I need a new crock pot, but have not had this one long.

Joe

S Viemeister[_2_] 18-01-2010 05:01 PM

Crock Pot leak

ya wanna know wrote:
> I have a large crock pot. The glass cover is a bit warped. There is a
> large gap around one corner of the pot. Is there anything I can put
> along the top of the pot to not have this large gap? The gap is approx.
> 1/8 of an inch. I have tried using aluminum foil. It worked, but not well.
>
> I was thinking of some kind of gasket type material that can withstand
> the heat and is ok to use on a food appliance. I went to the hardware
> store and the guy could not think of anything, other then a bead of
> aluminum foil.
>
> Maybe I need a new crock pot, but have not had this one long.

Depending on the diameter of your pot, you may be able to use a silicone
gasket designed for a pressure-cooker.