Vox Humana

"dtbray" > wrote in message
> Hi All: Used a thin 12qt ss boiling pot for shrimp gumbo and of course
> don't want to stand there stiring for six hours while reducing initial
> mixture of goodies(2 bottles of red wine, ect) even at low heat. needless
> to say it burned a bit on the bottom of pot and clean up is a chore. So a
> proper stock pot is in order here. If ss, there are pots available in
> 18/8, 18/10, surgical 304, ss aluminum ss sandwich, 5 ply?
> Recommenndations anyone? Brands? No stick cooking tips? BTW, the gumbo
> was dynoooomite; ten others thought so too. Oh, I cook with gas. Is
> that a consideration? I saw some low prices on Ebay. Where else to
> look? Thanks, Tom

You can get 18/10 stainless stock pots with disk bottoms or fully clad.
Unless money is no object, I would get one with a heavy disk bottom. Here
is an example:
http://tinyurl.com/3lmec

Steve Calvin

Vox Humana wrote:
> "dtbray" > wrote in message
>
>>Hi All: Used a thin 12qt ss boiling pot for shrimp gumbo and of course
>>don't want to stand there stiring for six hours while reducing initial
>>mixture of goodies(2 bottles of red wine, ect) even at low heat. needless
>>to say it burned a bit on the bottom of pot and clean up is a chore. So a
>>proper stock pot is in order here. If ss, there are pots available in
>>18/8, 18/10, surgical 304, ss aluminum ss sandwich, 5 ply?
>>Recommenndations anyone? Brands? No stick cooking tips? BTW, the gumbo
>>was dynoooomite; ten others thought so too. Oh, I cook with gas. Is
>>that a consideration? I saw some low prices on Ebay. Where else to
>>look? Thanks, Tom

> You can get 18/10 stainless stock pots with disk bottoms or fully clad.
> Unless money is no object, I would get one with a heavy disk bottom. Here
> is an example:
> http://tinyurl.com/3lmec

I really like the Cooks Essentials line from QVC. I've had them for
about 4 years and they are still like new.
http://www.qvc.com/asp/frameset.asp?...als&Submit4=Go

Or if you prefer: http://tinyurl.com/5o263

--
Steve

Whose cruel idea was it for the word "lisp" to have an "s" in it?

Gary Flynn

dtbray wrote:
> Hi All: Used a thin 12qt ss boiling pot for shrimp gumbo and of course
> don't want to stand there stiring for six hours while reducing initial
> mixture of goodies(2 bottles of red wine, ect) even at low heat. needless
> to say it burned a bit on the bottom of pot and clean up is a chore. So a
> proper stock pot is in order here. If ss, there are pots available in
> 18/8, 18/10, surgical 304, ss aluminum ss sandwich, 5 ply?
> Recommenndations anyone? Brands? No stick cooking tips? BTW, the gumbo
> was dynoooomite; ten others thought so too. Oh, I cook with gas. Is
> that a consideration? I saw some low prices on Ebay. Where else to
> look? Thanks, Tom

I've got a big calphalon pot I got as a gift nearly 25 years ago.
I've used it extensively to bake beans and there aren't many
things harder to clean than those. A little soak and they wipe
right out of the calphalon. I've made chili, gumbo, and plenty
of other things in it without problems.

Stock! brooklyn1 General Cooking 37 21-12-2009 06:08 PM
Stock Pot Recommendations? dtbray Cooking Equipment 10 22-08-2004 05:59 PM
Stock Pot Recommendations? dtbray Marketplace 0 15-08-2004 09:11 PM
got a new stock pot Kate Connally General Cooking 6 15-05-2004 04:48 AM
Chicken stock and stock pots DawnK Cooking Equipment 30 23-10-2003 06:22 PM