FoodBanter.com

-   Cooking Equipment (https://www.foodbanter.com/cooking-equipment/)
-   -   Can't afford VitaMix: Next best juicer? (https://www.foodbanter.com/cooking-equipment/174518-cant-afford-vitamix-next.html)

[email protected] 14-07-2009 12:13 AM

Can't afford VitaMix: Next best juicer?

What would be the next best juicer that works like the
VitaMix in that it grinds everything up that is
affordable?

I just cant swing for a VitaMix

jt august[_3_] 15-07-2009 01:04 AM

Can't afford VitaMix: Next best juicer?

In article >,
wrote:

> What would be the next best juicer that works like the
> VitaMix in that it grinds everything up that is
> affordable?
>
> I just cant swing for a VitaMix

The one thing I would promote is to shop garage sales and estate sales.
It was a stroke of luck for me, granted, but I got a model 3600 at a
garages sale for only $1. But if you are willing to put the time in on
weekends and are patient, they do show about on occasion. Craigs List
is another possibility. Or try your local call in radio buy/sell shows
(in StL, that would be the KTRS Garage Sale on Saturdays from 7-9:00
a.m.).

jt

Dee Dovey 15-07-2009 04:16 AM

"jt august" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> wrote:
>
>> What would be the next best juicer that works like the
>> VitaMix in that it grinds everything up that is
>> affordable?
>>
>> I just cant swing for a VitaMix

> The one thing I would promote is to shop garage sales and estate sales.
> It was a stroke of luck for me, granted, but I got a model 3600 at a
> garages sale for only $1. But if you are willing to put the time in on
> weekends and are patient, they do show about on occasion. Craigs List
> is another possibility. Or try your local call in radio buy/sell shows
> (in StL, that would be the KTRS Garage Sale on Saturdays from 7-9:00
> a.m.).
>
> jt

This could work for lmany fruits or veggies depending on your other time
limitations.
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.digitalci....vineyard2.jpg
Dee Dee

Wayne Boatwright[_4_] 15-07-2009 06:24 AM

Can't afford VitaMix: Next best juicer?

On Tue 14 Jul 2009 08:16:54p, Dee Dovey told us...

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.digitalci....13.drinkworld
> .vineyard2.jpg Dee Dee

Now I know how you spend your spare time, Dee! :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright
We load up on oat bran in the morning so we'll live forever. Then

Dee Dovey 15-07-2009 01:55 PM

Can't afford VitaMix: Next best juicer?

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
5.250...
> On Tue 14 Jul 2009 08:16:54p, Dee Dovey told us...
>

>> "jt august" > wrote in message

>>> The one thing I would promote is to shop garage sales and estate sales.
>>> It was a stroke of luck for me, granted, but I got a model 3600 at a
>>> garages sale for only $1. But if you are willing to put the time in on
>>> weekends and are patient, they do show about on occasion. Craigs List
>>> is another possibility. Or try your local call in radio buy/sell shows
>>> (in StL, that would be the KTRS Garage Sale on Saturdays from 7-9:00
>>> a.m.).
>>>
>>> jt

>> This could work for lmany fruits or veggies depending on your other time
>> limitations.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.digitalci....13.drinkworld
>> .vineyard2.jpg Dee Dee
>>

> Now I know how you spend your spare time, Dee! :-)
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright

And you, I read that you had a tuneup and are in good health. What a
project. There is so much written about overall (heart) health and teeth,
that I am glad you accomplished your goal. Whatta decision!

Best of health, Wayne.
Dee Dee

Wayne Boatwright[_4_] 15-07-2009 04:12 PM

Can't afford VitaMix: Next best juicer?

On Wed 15 Jul 2009 05:55:40a, Dee Dovey told us...

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.digitalci...10.13.drinkwor
>>> ld .vineyard2.jpg Dee Dee
>>>

>> Now I know how you spend your spare time, Dee! :-)
>>
>> --
>> Wayne Boatwright
>>

> And you, I read that you had a tuneup and are in good health. What a
> project. There is so much written about overall (heart) health and
> teeth, that I am glad you accomplished your goal. Whatta decision!
>
> Best of health, Wayne.
> Dee Dee

Thanks, Dee Dee! This was one of the best decisions I've ever had to make,
albeit at least a year later than I'd hoped because I had to wait for an
insurance change. My procedure was done a week ago this past Monday, and
healing is almost complete. No pain, and I actually do feel better all
over.

Thanks again!

--
Wayne Boatwright
Proust had his madeleines; I am devastated by the scent of yeast

Alex_chef2000 17-07-2009 01:54 PM

On Jul 13, 6:13*pm, wrote:
> What would be the next best juicer that works like the
> VitaMix in that it grinds everything up that is
> affordable?
>
> I just cant swing for a VitaMix

Well with Vitamix you get what you pay, they are expensive but any
cheaper blender will not do the work.

Try to look for a used blender or a special sale in a restaurant
supply store, I bought two Vitamix brand new for $ 150 each; If that
is what are you willing to pay.

There are cheaper commercial blenders, but check their features.

ABW.:

[email protected] 17-07-2009 06:49 PM

Alex_chef2000 > wrote:

>> I just cant swing for a VitaMix

>Well with Vitamix you get what you pay, they are expensive but any
>cheaper blender will not do the work.

<sigh>

Yeah pretty much that is what I figured

I don't want a traditional juicer that separates the
pulp from the juice...instead I want something strong
enough to grind everything up including seeds, etc

Dee Dovey 17-07-2009 07:25 PM

Can't afford VitaMix: Next best juicer?

> wrote in message
> Alex_chef2000 > wrote:
>
>>> I just cant swing for a VitaMix

>>Well with Vitamix you get what you pay, they are expensive but any
>>cheaper blender will not do the work.

> <sigh>
>
> Yeah pretty much that is what I figured
>
> I don't want a traditional juicer that separates the
> pulp from the juice...instead I want something strong
> enough to grind everything up including seeds, etc

Depending on your time, health & patience:

I bought a sausage-type grinder to grind wheat-grass - that's tough
grinding - I don't know how seeds would do in that sort of contraption.
I've heard that apple seeds are not too good for one -- I can't remember the
particulars.

Dee Dee