Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Cleaning stainless steel appliances

I could have saved a few hundred $ by choosing bisque white appliances
over stainless steel but NOOOO! I had to get the fancy ones. The
fingerprints come off easily enough but how do you get rid of the
streaks? The pop-up sheets and the cream SS cleaner don't really do it.
Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 14:20:02 -0500, Moka Java
> wrote:

>I could have saved a few hundred $ by choosing bisque white appliances
>over stainless steel but NOOOO! I had to get the fancy ones. The
>fingerprints come off easily enough but how do you get rid of the
>streaks? The pop-up sheets and the cream SS cleaner don't really do it.

I use Lemon Oil Furniture polish. One wipe and it looks great!
Posted to rec.food.equipment

"Mr. Bill" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 14:20:02 -0500, Moka Java
> > wrote:
>
>>I could have saved a few hundred $ by choosing bisque white appliances
>>over stainless steel but NOOOO! I had to get the fancy ones. The
>>fingerprints come off easily enough but how do you get rid of the
>>streaks? The pop-up sheets and the cream SS cleaner don't really do it.

> I use Lemon Oil Furniture polish. One wipe and it looks great!

Do you keep a fire extinguisher handy?

Am I the only person in the world that doesn't give a darn about how my
stainless steel looks? Guess so.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 14:20:02 -0500, Moka Java > wrote:

>I could have saved a few hundred $ by choosing bisque white appliances
>over stainless steel but NOOOO! I had to get the fancy ones. The
>fingerprints come off easily enough but how do you get rid of the
>streaks? The pop-up sheets and the cream SS cleaner don't really do it.

Hmmm -- what streaks? After cleaning, do you wipe dry with a dishtowel? I do,
and I've never seen any streaks.

One thing that might do it: stainless steel has "grain", and you should always
wipe it dry _with_ the grain. Not doing so might be the cause of your streaks.

-- Larry
Posted to rec.food.equipment

pltrgyst wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 14:20:02 -0500, Moka Java > wrote:
>
>> I could have saved a few hundred $ by choosing bisque white appliances
>> over stainless steel but NOOOO! I had to get the fancy ones. The
>> fingerprints come off easily enough but how do you get rid of the
>> streaks? The pop-up sheets and the cream SS cleaner don't really do it.

> Hmmm -- what streaks? After cleaning, do you wipe dry with a dishtowel? I do,
> and I've never seen any streaks.
>
> One thing that might do it: stainless steel has "grain", and you should always
> wipe it dry _with_ the grain. Not doing so might be the cause of your streaks.
>
> -- Larry

Yes, of course I'm wiping with the grain. The grin is vertical. The
vertical wipe lines are uneven in their reflectance luminance, I dunno?
Maybe Dee Dee has the right idea.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

Moka Java wrote:
> pltrgyst wrote:
>> On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 14:20:02 -0500, Moka Java
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> I could have saved a few hundred $ by choosing bisque white
>>> appliances over stainless steel but NOOOO! I had to get the fancy
>>> ones. The fingerprints come off easily enough but how do you get rid
>>> of the streaks? The pop-up sheets and the cream SS cleaner don't
>>> really do it.

>> Hmmm -- what streaks? After cleaning, do you wipe dry with a
>> dishtowel? I do,
>> and I've never seen any streaks.
>>
>> One thing that might do it: stainless steel has "grain", and you
>> should always
>> wipe it dry _with_ the grain. Not doing so might be the cause of your
>> streaks.
>>
>> -- Larry

> Yes, of course I'm wiping with the grain. The grin is vertical. The
> vertical wipe lines are uneven in their reflectance luminance, I dunno?
> Maybe Dee Dee has the right idea.

She does.
Posted to rec.food.equipment

Moka Java wrote:

> pltrgyst wrote:
>>
>> One thing that might do it: stainless steel has "grain"....

> Yes, of course I'm wiping with the grain....

Oh, well, never mind.

-- Larry ("What's all this fuss about presidential erections?")