Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default UPDATE: Jarden: sorry about that Sunbeam Fridge - not our problem

The smell about Sunbeam, posted 11/14/2008

Well, Jarden has finally formally taken a position.
In a word, buyers are SOL. Their special announcement
san be read he

http://www.sunbeam.com/specialannouncement.aspx

BTW: Check the the Circuit City website, which indicates
they are still selling these Sunbeam units, and advising
buyers to check the users manual for details on the
warranty coverage.

According to the special announcement link above,
the responsible party went belly up about 2 weeks
before I bought my unit. CC says, not our problem.

Petters' trial is set for Feb 9. The Petters subsidiary,
MLO Appliance COmpany, LLC (sic) is insolvent
and it's capitalization lender, also Petters', is
liquidating its assets.

A-
Posted to rec.food.equipment

In article >,
Chemiker > wrote:

> According to the special announcement link above,
> the responsible party went belly up about 2 weeks
> before I bought my unit. CC says, not our problem.

If Circuit City sold you a unit from a defunct company without notifying
you the company no longer exists and as such, warranty in not persuable,
then they are guilty of misrepresentation, a category of consumer fraud.
This would be grounds for a small claims action against them. I would
recommend quick action, of course, since they are in some flavor of
bankruptcy.

jt
Posted to rec.food.equipment

"Chemiker" <wrote in message
> The smell about Sunbeam, posted 11/14/2008
>
> Well, Jarden has finally formally taken a position.
> In a word, buyers are SOL. Their special announcement
> san be read he
>
> http://www.sunbeam.com/specialannouncement.aspx
>
> BTW: Check the the Circuit City website, which indicates
> they are still selling these Sunbeam units, and advising
> buyers to check the users manual for details on the
> warranty coverage.

It's a sad day, when you have to FIRST purchase a Sunbeam product and THEN
"check the users manual for details on the warranty coverage".

If I were in your boat, I would first make Sunbeam aware of my real addy
rather than the munged one. I would head my email 'Sunbeam/Jarden Internet
Newsgroup Disclosure Campaign'

Dear CS, before writing to Newsgroups us.legal and us.legal.self-represent
(and others) I am giving you this opportunity, to add your own comments,
beyond the Official Line.

Q. When you received Licensing Monies from Petters/MLO to brand their goods
'Sunbeam' were you aware that potential purchasers may be mislead into
believing, they were buying Sunbeam quality and warranties.

Q. Were they aware, that the sheer size of the License fees, be such, to
make it difficult for Petters/MLO, to fund proper R&D and Warranty Insurance
Cover.

Q. Have you made proper public disclosure of the names of other companies,
who have licensed YOUR name and have posted the fact that warranties are not
backed by Sunbeam.

Q. Before licensing YOUR name, did you test said electrical equipment to
ascertain the safety of said equipment.

Q. Bearing in mind, the deadly potential danger of high voltage, metal
framework and wet contents, can you confirm that the compact fridges,
bearing the Sunbeam name and marketed by Petters/MLO are safe to use? Happy
Xmas.

Bertie

Posted to rec.food.equipment

Bertie Doe wrote:

> Dear CS, before writing to Newsgroups us.legal and us.legal.self-represent
> (and others) I am giving you this opportunity, to add your own comments,
> beyond the Official Line.

I don't know if choosing the newsgroup is all that important. I posted a
rant about Kodak's software and software support on
alt.religion.kibology. A Kodak rep responded and eventually gave me
contact info.

I ended up re-formatting my hard drive and reinstalling the world to fix
the problem. Then Kodak asked for information that I couldn't give them
anymore.

Matthew

--
"All you need to start an asylum is an empty room and the right kind of
people". Alexander Bullock ("My Man Godfrey" 1936):
Posted to rec.food.equipment

"Matthew L. Martin" < wrote in message
> Bertie Doe wrote:
>
>> Dear CS, before writing to Newsgroups us.legal and
>> us.legal.self-represent (and others) I am giving you this opportunity, to
>> add your own comments, beyond the Official Line.
>>

> I don't know if choosing the newsgroup is all that important. I posted a
> rant about Kodak's software and software support on alt.religion.kibology.
> A Kodak rep responded and eventually gave me contact info.

Matthew, that's a good idea. I guess they found you thru' google special
groups. They can make a discreet approach, which Kodak couldn't do via say,
alt.photography.