FoodBanter.com

-   Cooking Equipment (https://www.foodbanter.com/cooking-equipment/)
-   -   Reseasoning cast iron (https://www.foodbanter.com/cooking-equipment/165269-reseasoning-cast-iron.html)

Sky 12-12-2008 12:46 AM

Reseasoning cast iron

X-posted with followups set to rec.food.equipment

Well, I scored a cast iron Lodge dutch oven at the cost of only $5! The
dutch oven has "8 D O" marked on its bottom.

The problem is, the seasoning is quite grody, so I need to re-season
this puppy. What's the best way to remove the current seasoning?
Should I use the clean feature of my oven with the DO inside? What
other methods are there? Right now, it's really greasy & sticky as all
get out; even the lid is sticky. TIA.

Sky

Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice

Bob Terwilliger[_1_] 12-12-2008 12:56 AM

Reseasoning cast iron

Sky wrote:

> Well, I scored a cast iron Lodge dutch oven at the cost of only $5! The
> dutch oven has "8 D O" marked on its bottom.
>
> The problem is, the seasoning is quite grody, so I need to re-season
> this puppy. What's the best way to remove the current seasoning?
> Should I use the clean feature of my oven with the DO inside? What
> other methods are there? Right now, it's really greasy & sticky as all
> get out; even the lid is sticky. TIA.

The oven-cleaning trick works well, but you'll want to have your kitchen
well-ventilated because that seasoning will give off a lot of smoke as it
burns off.

Alternatively, you could use very hot water, soap, and a steel-wool
scrubbing pad. That's a lot more effort, but if you do that you won't remove
*all* the seasoning, and you might want to keep the little bit left behind
because it'll make reseasoning easier.

Congratulations on your find!

Bob

Jeßus[_7_] 12-12-2008 01:03 AM

Reseasoning cast iron

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 18:46:27 -0600, Sky wrote:

> X-posted with followups set to rec.food.equipment
>
> Well, I scored a cast iron Lodge dutch oven at the cost of only $5! The
> dutch oven has "8 D O" marked on its bottom.
>
> The problem is, the seasoning is quite grody, so I need to re-season
> this puppy. What's the best way to remove the current seasoning? Should
> I use the clean feature of my oven with the DO inside? What other
> methods are there? Right now, it's really greasy & sticky as all get
> out; even the lid is sticky. TIA.

I'd just get one of those steel scourers with the big open weave and some
hot water. Perhaps an initial was with detergent to remove the bulk of
the grease first. Then re-season...

I happened to buy a large cast iron dutch over last week, it was brand
new though. The first meal was a simple roast leg of lamb with veggies,
cooked on top of the wood heater.

It came out quite nice, but in pure roasting terms the gas oven does a
better job of browning the meat and veggies (unless I'm doing something
wrong?). It's going to be great for stews and general veggie cooking
though, that much is clear.

Tara 12-12-2008 01:19 AM

Reseasoning cast iron

wrote:

>What's the best way to remove the current seasoning?
>Should I use the clean feature of my oven with the DO inside?

That's what I would do.

Tara

jt august[_2_] 12-12-2008 01:49 AM

Reseasoning cast iron

In article >,
Sky > wrote:

> X-posted with followups set to rec.food.equipment
>
> Well, I scored a cast iron Lodge dutch oven at the cost of only $5! The
> dutch oven has "8 D O" marked on its bottom.
>
> The problem is, the seasoning is quite grody, so I need to re-season
> this puppy. What's the best way to remove the current seasoning?
> Should I use the clean feature of my oven with the DO inside? What
> other methods are there? Right now, it's really greasy & sticky as all
> get out; even the lid is sticky. TIA.

I have a similar situation, in that I have an old cast iron skillet
handed down from my late grandmother. Well rusted and dirty. I work in
a machine shop, and one of my co-workers told me what he did to salvage
successfully a cast iron dutch oven that had been used outside as a
flower pot.

We have a bead-blaster, which is like a sand blaster, but uses synthetic
beads that are as small as grains of sand. He used that to clean off
all the grime and rust from the outside. Then he took it home and
seasoned the surfaces with veggie oil and set it in the oven and fired
off the self clean cycle. When it had finished cooling, he repeated the
oil glaze and refired the self-clean on the oven. Came out nice and
dark and works great.

I will prolly do this after Christmas on my skillet. You will need for
find a machine shop with a bead blaster and have the thing cleaned. You
then need to spring home and start the oil and self-clean process as
quick as you can. Leave it sit in your car or in humid air and rust
will set in quickly. It's only a harmless surface rust, but if you pay
for the bead blast, you most certainly don't want to repeat it.

jt

C.D 12-12-2008 02:15 AM

Reseasoning cast iron

"Sky" > wrote in message
> X-posted with followups set to rec.food.equipment
>
> Well, I scored a cast iron Lodge dutch oven at the cost of only $5! The
> dutch oven has "8 D O" marked on its bottom.
>
> The problem is, the seasoning is quite grody, so I need to re-season
> this puppy. What's the best way to remove the current seasoning?
> Should I use the clean feature of my oven with the DO inside? What
> other methods are there? Right now, it's really greasy & sticky as all
> get out; even the lid is sticky. TIA.
>
> Sky
>
> --
> Ultra Ultimate Kitchen Rule - Use the Timer!
> Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice

steel wool and a lot of scrubbing or sandblast it and reseason after either
or both.

--

C.D

Moka Java 12-12-2008 02:26 AM

Reseasoning cast iron

Sky wrote:
> X-posted with followups set to rec.food.equipment
>
> Well, I scored a cast iron Lodge dutch oven at the cost of only $5! The
> dutch oven has "8 D O" marked on its bottom.
>
> The problem is, the seasoning is quite grody, so I need to re-season
> this puppy. What's the best way to remove the current seasoning?
> Should I use the clean feature of my oven with the DO inside? What
> other methods are there? Right now, it's really greasy & sticky as all
> get out; even the lid is sticky. TIA.
>
> Sky

Pre-seasoned Lodge cast iron is available at bargain prices on Amazon
with free shipping so you might want to do a cost/benefit analysis of
your time or the cost of bead blasting before your proceed. A new 5 qt.
Lodge dutch oven is in the $37 range.

Here is a link to the Lodge website page for care and seasoning

http://www.lodgemfg.com/use-care-seasoned-cast-iron.asp

They recommend 350 - 400f for seasoning. The oven self clean cycle is
way too high for seasoning, it will burn the oil right off.

George Shirley 12-12-2008 02:48 AM

Reseasoning cast iron

Sky wrote:
> X-posted with followups set to rec.food.equipment
>
> Well, I scored a cast iron Lodge dutch oven at the cost of only $5! The
> dutch oven has "8 D O" marked on its bottom.
>
> The problem is, the seasoning is quite grody, so I need to re-season
> this puppy. What's the best way to remove the current seasoning?
> Should I use the clean feature of my oven with the DO inside? What
> other methods are there? Right now, it's really greasy & sticky as all
> get out; even the lid is sticky. TIA.
>
> Sky

I think the clean feature on your oven might be a mite hot for the cast
iron.

Do you have a gas grill, even a charcoal one? If so stoke it up and put
the pot in there upside down and let the crap burn off of it.

Personally I would have no problem washing it with hot soapy water
several times and then reseasoning it. Have done that to several used
cast iron pots that I came upon at garage sales.

Ed Pawlowski 12-12-2008 03:26 AM

Reseasoning cast iron

"Sky" > wrote in message
> X-posted with followups set to rec.food.equipment
>
> Well, I scored a cast iron Lodge dutch oven at the cost of only $5! The
> dutch oven has "8 D O" marked on its bottom.
>
> The problem is, the seasoning is quite grody, so I need to re-season
> this puppy. What's the best way to remove the current seasoning?
> Should I use the clean feature of my oven with the DO inside? What
> other methods are there? Right now, it's really greasy & sticky as all
> get out; even the lid is sticky. TIA.
>
> Sky

Self cleaning oven is fine. If you happen to have fireplace or wood
burning stove, toss it on the fire for a while.

Ed Pawlowski 12-12-2008 03:29 AM

Reseasoning cast iron

"George Shirley" > wrote in message
> I think the clean feature on your oven might be a mite hot for the cast
> iron.

CI melts at about 2100F. Self cleaning oven is 800F. I often take my cast
iron wood burning stove to 900 or so to clean it out of creosote.

pltrgyst[_1_] 12-12-2008 04:08 AM

Reseasoning cast iron

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 20:48:00 -0600, George Shirley > wrote:

>I think the clean feature on your oven might be a mite hot for the cast
>iron.

It's not. ~800 deg F. I've done it many times with my old Griswolds.

>Do you have a gas grill, even a charcoal one? If so stoke it up and put
>the pot in there upside down and let the crap burn off of it.

My ordinary gas grill gets up to 700 deg. F plus.

>Personally I would have no problem washing it with hot soapy water
>several times and then reseasoning it....

Sometimes the burnt-on sugary stuff is so hard and uneven that there's no
recourse other than a self-cleaning over or power tools.

-- Larry

pltrgyst[_1_] 12-12-2008 04:09 AM

Reseasoning cast iron

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 21:26:01 -0500, Moka Java > wrote:

>Pre-seasoned Lodge cast iron is available at bargain prices on Amazon....

Does anyone like this stuff? Plus they don't seem to make anything with a smooth
bottom anymore, so their current products are worthless for glass cooktops and
induction hobs.

>.... The oven self clean cycle is
>way too high for seasoning, it will burn the oil right off.

Agreed.

-- Larry

Ed Pawlowski 12-12-2008 04:26 AM

Reseasoning cast iron

"pltrgyst" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 21:26:01 -0500, Moka Java >
> wrote:
>
>>Pre-seasoned Lodge cast iron is available at bargain prices on Amazon....

> Does anyone like this stuff? Plus they don't seem to make anything with a
> smooth
> bottom anymore, so their current products are worthless for glass cooktops
> and
> induction hobs.

Wagnerware is available again. Do a Google search to find it. IMO, it is a
much better finish.

>>.... The oven self clean cycle is
>>way too high for seasoning, it will burn the oil right off.

> Agreed.
>
> -- Larry

But that is what he wants to do, remove it.

Moka Java 12-12-2008 12:20 PM

Reseasoning cast iron

pltrgyst wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 21:26:01 -0500, Moka Java > wrote:
>
>> Pre-seasoned Lodge cast iron is available at bargain prices on Amazon....

> Does anyone like this stuff? Plus they don't seem to make anything with a smooth
> bottom anymore, so their current products are worthless for glass cooktops and
> induction hobs.

Works fine on a glass cooktop. I haven't tried induction but am
considering one of those hot plates.

Terry[_3_] 12-12-2008 02:28 PM

Reseasoning cast iron

wrote:

>X-posted with followups set to rec.food.equipment
>
>Well, I scored a cast iron Lodge dutch oven at the cost of only $5! The
>dutch oven has "8 D O" marked on its bottom.
>
>The problem is, the seasoning is quite grody, so I need to re-season
>this puppy. What's the best way to remove the current seasoning?
>Should I use the clean feature of my oven with the DO inside? What
>other methods are there? Right now, it's really greasy & sticky as all
>get out; even the lid is sticky. TIA.
>
>Sky

Hi Sky,

There was a thread on rec.crafts.metalworking on this subject.

<faulty memory engaged; not responsible for errors>

Metalworker showed young nephew how to use cup-type wire brush to make
things nice and shiny. Left nephew alone for a while. Nephew proudly
brings granny's 50-year-old cast-iron skillet to show uncle. Skillet
is now beautifully shiny... :-(

That being said, since the skillet is sticky, other measures are
likely to be necessary. Wire brushes don't like 'sticky'.

Best -- Terry

pltrgyst[_1_] 12-12-2008 04:28 PM

Reseasoning cast iron

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 23:26:29 -0500, "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:

>>>.... The oven self clean cycle is
>>>way too high for seasoning, it will burn the oil right off.

>> Agreed.

>But that is what he wants to do, remove it.

That's what the OP wanted to do. This digression was in response to JT's
suggestion of re-seasoning by oiling and running through a cleaning cycle twice.

-- Larry

Omelet[_7_] 12-12-2008 04:55 PM

Reseasoning cast iron

In article >,
Sky > wrote:

> The problem is, the seasoning is quite grody, so I need to re-season
> this puppy. What's the best way to remove the current seasoning?

Easy off oven cleaner and sunlight. That'll de-season any pan. <g>

--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama

Sky 12-12-2008 05:19 PM

Reseasoning cast iron

Omelet wrote:

> In article >,
> Sky > wrote:
>
> > The problem is, the seasoning is quite grody, so I need to re-season
> > this puppy. What's the best way to remove the current seasoning?

> Easy off oven cleaner and sunlight. That'll de-season any pan. <g>
>
> > Should I use the clean feature of my oven with the DO inside? What
> > other methods are there? Right now, it's really greasy & sticky as all
> > get out; even the lid is sticky. TIA.
> >
> > Sky

> --
> Peace! Om

OH, I really, really like this idea! That's definitely a lot easier
than a lot of 'elbow grease.' Thanks ever so much for the suggestion to
use EasyOff, and thanks to all who've responded ;D

Sky, who wishes everyone a Happy Holiday

Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice

Dimitri 12-12-2008 07:00 PM

Reseasoning cast iron

"Sky" > wrote in message
> X-posted with followups set to rec.food.equipment
>
> Well, I scored a cast iron Lodge dutch oven at the cost of only $5! The
> dutch oven has "8 D O" marked on its bottom.
>
> The problem is, the seasoning is quite grody, so I need to re-season
> this puppy. What's the best way to remove the current seasoning?
> Should I use the clean feature of my oven with the DO inside? What
> other methods are there? Right now, it's really greasy & sticky as all
> get out; even the lid is sticky. TIA.
>
> Sky

Put the pan in either a fireplace and light a wood fire, placing the pan on
top of the fire - come back the next morning when cool or put the pan in a
self cleaning oven and run the oven through its cycle.

These are the quickest ways.

Dimitri

pltrgyst[_1_] 12-12-2008 08:54 PM

Reseasoning cast iron

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 11:19:46 -0600, Sky > wrote:

>> Easy off oven cleaner and sunlight. That'll de-season any pan. <g>

>OH, I really, really like this idea! That's definitely a lot easier
>than a lot of 'elbow grease.' Thanks ever so much for the suggestion to
>use EasyOff...

Be careful with the EasyOff, even using a sealed bag. And afterward, you'll
still have to run it through a self-cleaning cycle, or scrub and soap it like
crazy, to get rid of the vestiges of chemicals on [and in] the inside of your
[now porous] pan.

If I had access to a self-cleaning oven, I wouldn't even think of using the
EasyOff method. YMMV, of course.

-- Larry

The Wolf 12-12-2008 11:02 PM

Reseasoning cast iron

Steel wool and liquid detergent.

Coat with vegetable oil using a paper towel.

Put in pre-heated oven at 100 degrees for two hours.

On 12/11/08 4:46 PM, in article AtM, "Sky"

pltrgyst[_1_] 13-12-2008 05:38 AM

Reseasoning cast iron

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 15:02:16 -0800, The Wolf > wrote:

>Steel wool and liquid detergent.
>
>Coat with vegetable oil using a paper towel.

What does the paper towel do? I use my fingers.

>Put in pre-heated oven at 100 degrees for two hours.

Oh, now we're making tea, are we? 8;)

IMO, more like 325 deg F for three to four hours, then turn the oven off and let
the pan cool within the oven.

-- Larry

Henry Q. Bibb 13-12-2008 07:17 PM

Reseasoning cast iron

In article >,
AtM says...
> X-posted with followups set to rec.food.equipment
>
> Well, I scored a cast iron Lodge dutch oven at the cost of only $5! The
> dutch oven has "8 D O" marked on its bottom.
>
> The problem is, the seasoning is quite grody, so I need to re-season
> this puppy. What's the best way to remove the current seasoning?
> Should I use the clean feature of my oven with the DO inside? What
> other methods are there? Right now, it's really greasy & sticky as all
> get out; even the lid is sticky. TIA.
>
> Sky

Here's what Lodge says to do:
http://www.lodgemfg.com/use-care-sea...ast-iron.asp#3

Sky 13-12-2008 07:40 PM

Reseasoning cast iron

Henry Q. Bibb wrote:

> In article >,
> AtM says...
> > X-posted with followups set to rec.food.equipment
> >
> > Well, I scored a cast iron Lodge dutch oven at the cost of only $5! The
> > dutch oven has "8 D O" marked on its bottom.
> >
> > The problem is, the seasoning is quite grody, so I need to re-season
> > this puppy. What's the best way to remove the current seasoning?
> > Should I use the clean feature of my oven with the DO inside? What
> > other methods are there? Right now, it's really greasy & sticky as all
> > get out; even the lid is sticky. TIA.
> >
> > Sky
> >

> Here's what Lodge says to do:

http://www.lodgemfg.com/use-care-sea...ast-iron.asp#3

OOOPS! Now why didn't I think to reference the Lodge website!!! DOH!
I do know how to season cast iron, but the thing is, I want to remove
the really sticky and grody seasoning that's already on the dutch oven
-- it's really very nasty indeed.

Again, thanks for all the suggestions and recommendations, folks. I
found them very helpful.

Bobo[_2_] 13-12-2008 09:25 PM

Reseasoning cast iron

wrote:

>X-posted with followups set to rec.food.equipment
>
>Well, I scored a cast iron Lodge dutch oven at the cost of only $5! The
>dutch oven has "8 D O" marked on its bottom.
>
>The problem is, the seasoning is quite grody, so I need to re-season
>this puppy. What's the best way to remove the current seasoning?
>Should I use the clean feature of my oven with the DO inside? What
>other methods are there? Right now, it's really greasy & sticky as all
>get out; even the lid is sticky. TIA.
>
>Sky

Use lard or bacon grease for the reseasoning or it'll be sticky again

Kenneth 14-12-2008 12:49 AM

Reseasoning cast iron

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 08:28:55 -0600, Terry
> wrote:

>On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 18:46:27 -0600, Sky >
>wrote:
>
>>X-posted with followups set to rec.food.equipment
>>
>>Well, I scored a cast iron Lodge dutch oven at the cost of only $5! The
>>dutch oven has "8 D O" marked on its bottom.
>>
>>The problem is, the seasoning is quite grody, so I need to re-season
>>this puppy. What's the best way to remove the current seasoning?
>>Should I use the clean feature of my oven with the DO inside? What
>>other methods are there? Right now, it's really greasy & sticky as all
>>get out; even the lid is sticky. TIA.
>>
>>Sky

>Hi Sky,
>
>There was a thread on rec.crafts.metalworking on this subject.
>
><faulty memory engaged; not responsible for errors>
>
>Metalworker showed young nephew how to use cup-type wire brush to make
>things nice and shiny. Left nephew alone for a while. Nephew proudly
>brings granny's 50-year-old cast-iron skillet to show uncle. Skillet
>is now beautifully shiny... :-(
>
>That being said, since the skillet is sticky, other measures are
>likely to be necessary. Wire brushes don't like 'sticky'.
>
>Best -- Terry

Howdy,

I know that I am touching on religious matters, but...

Several years ago, Consumer Reports did a piece on cast iron
cookware.

Among other things, they tested a number of "Grandma's 75
year old perfectly seasoned so everything slides right off
it" pieces against brand new stock.

They could not tell the difference, and neither can I.

In my experience, if the temperature is right, things tend
not to stick.

All the best,
--
Kenneth

Ed Pawlowski 14-12-2008 04:34 AM

Reseasoning cast iron

"Bobo" > wrote in message

> Use lard or bacon grease for the reseasoning or it'll be sticky again

Never did the oven seasoning thing. I like to fry a pound of bacon to
season a CI pan.

Chemiker 15-12-2008 05:05 PM

Reseasoning cast iron

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 16:56:12 -0800, "Bob Terwilliger"
> wrote:

>Sky wrote:
>
>> Well, I scored a cast iron Lodge dutch oven at the cost of only $5! The
>> dutch oven has "8 D O" marked on its bottom.
>>
>> The problem is, the seasoning is quite grody, so I need to re-season
>> this puppy. What's the best way to remove the current seasoning?
>> Should I use the clean feature of my oven with the DO inside? What
>> other methods are there? Right now, it's really greasy & sticky as all
>> get out; even the lid is sticky. TIA.

Been there, done that. Found the easiest way is to break out the
old cordless drill. Go to Home Depot and buy an inexpensive
steel brush set for it. They typically come with a roundish one
that looks like a vegetable scrubber and one or two wire sheel
bushes in the 2 or 3 inch sizes.

Wear leather gloves. Your brushes WILL jump now and then
and those wire bristles can cut.

Take your iron stuff out to the patio and start brushing, going
right down to bright metal. If the metal is also pitted, you can
switch to a small sanding disk and grind a little more seriously.
This makes a difference if the pitting is on the bottom inside
of the pot (for more even browning later and for discouraging
further damage to the metal).

Bails can be polisihed with a little fine grit sandpaper.

If you want to play with it , you can throw in some sharp
sand and brush with that inside the pot. It might speed
things up a little.

Then go through the usual seasoning process with whatever
oil suits your fancy (I use bacon drippings), maybe on your
BBQ grill. I use a Kamodo and take it up to 450-550 degrees.
Smokes a lot, but does a good job. May take more than one
pass to get the job done... YMMV.

HTH

Alex

Chemiker 15-12-2008 05:11 PM

Reseasoning cast iron

wrote:

>"pltrgyst" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 21:26:01 -0500, Moka Java >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Pre-seasoned Lodge cast iron is available at bargain prices on Amazon....

>> Does anyone like this stuff? Plus they don't seem to make anything with a
>> smooth
>> bottom anymore, so their current products are worthless for glass cooktops
>> and
>> induction hobs.

>Wagnerware is available again. Do a Google search to find it. IMO, it is a
>much better finish.

Beware cast iron bearing the Heuck Classic brand on the bottom.
Chinese made, I think, and QC is spotty. Bottoms may not be level,
which is a constant annoyance even on a gas stove. Test for flat
bottom at the store. If it's OK and doesn't rock and roll, the price
is usually OK, too.

Alex

jt august[_2_] 16-12-2008 10:45 AM

Reseasoning cast iron

I found my notes and realized I posted something incorrect here
regarding reseasoning a pan that is rusted or over glopped. I had
posted to bead blast and then reseason on self clean. I skipped and
missorted some vital info that I need to correct.

Yes, for my situation, I need to start with bead blasting. But this
process will leave some fine grit on the pan that needs to be fully
removed. So after blasting, I need to wrap it tight in a plastic bag to
take home. Once home, I need to wash it thoroughly in sudsy warm water
to get all the bead blast and other grit off. Then, IMMEDIATELY put the
pan in the oven and self-clean once, perhaps twice, to remove all
moisture from the pores of the metal.

Then I can season by traditional methods such as frying bacon, taking
bacon grease and rubbing it all over then bake at 400 for a couple
hours, coat with veggie oil or shortening or lard .....

I knew the part of putting the pan in the oven on self clean was in
there, but it was the washing the grit that I missed, and when I saw
subsequent posts of how the self clean was too hot for seasoning, that
prompted me to start looking for that sheet of paper I had.

Sorry about my previous error.

jt

Chemiker 16-12-2008 04:39 PM

Reseasoning cast iron

YO, same for steel brushing and sanding. The fine grit needs to
be washed out and the pan immediately dried thoroughly. During
the first pass at seasoning, if you wipe the inside of the CI pan
with paper towel and get gray or black color on the towel, you
probably didn't get all the original gunk off or didn't wash
thoroughly. So, Ditto to jt august's post.

Alex

Mr. Bill[_2_] 19-12-2008 06:02 PM

Reseasoning cast iron

wrote:

>The problem is, the seasoning is quite grody,

http://tinyurl.com/3qrnuz

this will help

jt august[_2_] 20-12-2008 12:23 AM

Reseasoning cast iron

In article >,
Mr. Bill > wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 18:46:27 -0600, Sky >
> wrote:
>

> >The problem is, the seasoning is quite grody,

> http://tinyurl.com/3qrnuz
>

> this will help

Smart @$$. (For everyone else, it was funny.)

jt

Mr. Bill[_2_] 20-12-2008 12:54 AM

Reseasoning cast iron

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 00:23:46 GMT, jt august > wrote:

>Smart

And it worked now, didn't it? Betya tried it again before you signed
off, didn't ya?

..

Dee Randall 20-12-2008 03:33 PM

Reseasoning cast iron

"Mr. Bill" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 18:46:27 -0600, Sky >
> wrote:
>

>>The problem is, the seasoning is quite grody,

> http://tinyurl.com/3qrnuz
>

> this will help

That tinyurl was really 'cool' the way it came up. I've never seen that
before.
Dee Dee

pltrgyst[_1_] 20-12-2008 07:34 PM

Reseasoning cast iron

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 10:33:14 -0500, "Dee Randall" > wrote:

>>>The problem is, the seasoning is quite grody,

>> http://tinyurl.com/3qrnuz
>>
>> this will help

>That tinyurl was really 'cool' the way it came up. I've never seen that
>before.

The Web site that provides that effect is called letmegooglethatforyou.com. It's
used pretty commonly for USEnet replies to people who post guestions without
first making any basic effort to search.

-- Larry

Dee Randall 21-12-2008 02:53 AM

Reseasoning cast iron

"pltrgyst" > wrote in message

>>> http://tinyurl.com/3qrnuz
>>>
>>> this will help

>>That tinyurl was really 'cool' the way it came up. I've never seen that
>>before.

> The Web site that provides that effect is called
> letmegooglethatforyou.com. It's
> used pretty commonly for USEnet replies to people who post guestions
> without
> first making any basic effort to search.
>
> -- Larry

Thanks, Larry -- that's even 'more cool.' So darned funny!
Dee Dee