Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Hybrid Cooktop Questions?

We are thinking of replacing our electric cooktop with a 5 burner
hybrid cooktop. by hybrid i mean one that has both regular electric
burners and also induction burners.
I would like to hear from anyone who is presently using one of these.
Can you give me the pros and cons?
Would you also tell me the make and model of what you are using?
Thanks for any and all help.
Posted to rec.food.equipment

trvlnmny wrote:
> We are thinking of replacing our electric cooktop with a 5 burner
> hybrid cooktop. by hybrid i mean one that has both regular electric
> burners and also induction burners.
> I would like to hear from anyone who is presently using one of these.
> Can you give me the pros and cons?
> Would you also tell me the make and model of what you are using?
> Thanks for any and all help.

Very late reply. (I just re-subscribed.) I have an older model.
I like the hybrid nature of it, but (aside from its general
feebleness, which probably wouldn't be an issue now), look at the
sizes and positions of the burners. I didn't pay adequate
attention to this, and it is MOST awkward when I have to use the
small non-induction burner, which is in the back, esp. when that
thing needs constant stirring. Also, my induction burners are all
a fairly small size. There really were NO alternatives back when
I got this, while you have a larger selection now. More power,
better configurations, etc.

--
Jean B.

Source of P9-15 Hybrid Grape shbailey Winemaking 0 11-01-2007 06:33 PM
Thermador Hybrid Induction Cooktop 36" Klaatu Cooking Equipment 0 12-10-2006 01:02 AM
induction cooktop questions Drew Cutter Cooking Equipment 0 09-11-2005 01:48 AM
Favorite Hybrid Wines spud Winemaking 5 23-09-2005 04:11 AM
Ceramic cooktop questions John K. Taber Cooking Equipment 21 08-05-2004 02:24 AM