Posted to rec.food.equipment,alt.coffee

Default Keurig one-cup coffee brewers

On Fri, 05 Dec 2008 16:44:45 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>Can anyone speak about personal experience with the home units,
>specifically the B-40 "Elite" model? If you own one and had it do
>again, would you?
>
>Follow-ups set to rec.food.equipment.
>
>Thanks.

If you are a coffee connoseur(sic?) you probably won't be satisfied,
but if you like just a basic cup of coffee and other people in the
house like different styles or flavors, the Keurig is a great way to
go. We have had a single size brewer for about two years now. My
wife likes flavored coffees, and I don't. She can brew one of hers
and I can follow right behind without any hint of the flavored coffee
left behind. I have purchased enough Kcups now that with a large
enough purchase to qualify for free shipping, the cost per cup is at
or under 50 cents a cup.
The convenience factor is great. I have one other single cup system
called the Aeropress, which can make a better cup of coffee, however
it requires effort for consistency and it is not near as convenient as
the Keurig.
The great thing about the Keurig is I never have to pour leftover
coffee down the drain. How many pots of coffee have you ever made
where every last drop was used?
Posted to rec.food.equipment,alt.coffee

"Russell Patterson" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 05 Dec 2008 16:44:45 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> > wrote:
>
>>Can anyone speak about personal experience with the home units,
>>specifically the B-40 "Elite" model? If you own one and had it do
>>again, would you?
>>
>>Follow-ups set to rec.food.equipment.
>>
>>Thanks.

> If you are a coffee connoseur(sic?) you probably won't be satisfied,
> but if you like just a basic cup of coffee and other people in the
> house like different styles or flavors, the Keurig is a great way to
> go. We have had a single size brewer for about two years now. My
> wife likes flavored coffees, and I don't. She can brew one of hers
> and I can follow right behind without any hint of the flavored
> coffee
> left behind. I have purchased enough Kcups now that with a large
> enough purchase to qualify for free shipping, the cost per cup is at
> or under 50 cents a cup.
> The convenience factor is great. I have one other single cup system
> called the Aeropress, which can make a better cup of coffee, however
> it requires effort for consistency and it is not near as convenient
> as
> the Keurig.
> The great thing about the Keurig is I never have to pour leftover
> coffee down the drain. How many pots of coffee have you ever made
> where every last drop was used?

50 cents per cup? Wow. Must be pretty fancy stuff. Even our local
fancy place, Dunn Bros sells fresh roasted and ground for about 10
bucks per pound and a pound makes like 60 cups which would be 16
cents. The swill I drink is maybe 3 bucks a pound. So a cup is a
nickle.

del

Posted to rec.food.equipment,alt.coffee

In article >,
maccacupajoe wrote:

> Russell Patterson > wrote in
> :
>
> > , the cost per cup is at
> > or under 50 cents a cup.
> >

> you call that reasonable?
>
> I could understand it if home brewing resulting in under 20¢ a cup, but 50¢?

Actually it isn't too bad if you think about it. If you like drip
coffee, I suspect that each cup costs more than you think if you
consider that you throw out a fair amount of each pot pretty often.

And if you consider that the packaging most likely costs way more than
the coffee inside it, it makes sense.
Posted to rec.food.equipment,alt.coffee

"Lloyd Parsons" > wrote in message
>> Russell Patterson > wrote in
>> :
>>
>> > , the cost per cup is at
>> > or under 50 cents a cup.
>> >

>> you call that reasonable?
>>
>> I could understand it if home brewing resulting in under 20¢ a cup, but
>> 50¢?

> Actually it isn't too bad if you think about it. If you like drip
> coffee, I suspect that each cup costs more than you think if you
> consider that you throw out a fair amount of each pot pretty often.

For the price of an 18 pack of Keurig you can get a lot of good ground
coffee.

Three cups a day in our house would be $45 a month with Keurig. My wife
buys a bag of coffee at BJ's for $15.99 and gets a couple of months from it.
Let's see, $90 versus $16. I'm thinking, just as you suggested.
90 - 16= 74 x6 = 444 per year more for the Keurig + the cost of machine =
$600 additional outlay the first year. . I'm thinking, I'm thinking.

Posted to rec.food.equipment,alt.coffee

In article >,
"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:

> "Lloyd Parsons" > wrote in message
> >> Russell Patterson > wrote in
> >> :

> >> you call that reasonable?
> >>
> >> I could understand it if home brewing resulting in under 20¢ a cup, but
> >> 50¢?

> > Actually it isn't too bad if you think about it. If you like drip
> > coffee, I suspect that each cup costs more than you think if you
> > consider that you throw out a fair amount of each pot pretty often.

> For the price of an 18 pack of Keurig you can get a lot of good ground
> coffee.
>
> Three cups a day in our house would be $45 a month with Keurig. My wife
> buys a bag of coffee at BJ's for $15.99 and gets a couple of months from it.
> Let's see, $90 versus $16. I'm thinking, just as you suggested.
> 90 - 16= 74 x6 = 444 per year more for the Keurig + the cost of machine =
> $600 additional outlay the first year. . I'm thinking, I'm thinking.

I'm not a big fan of the single-serve makers, but you do get fresher
coffee from them than you will from that bag of coffee after it is
opened the first time.

Whether that's worth anything to you is certainly up to you.

If stale coffee produces a cup you like, then don't buy a single serve
of any kind.

I like good, fresh coffee. That's why I roast my own and grind on
demand. My roasted bean are at most 1 week old when the last one is
used. And that produces a horse of a different coffee than you'll get
from your bag of coffee, or the single-serve machine for that matter.

Posted to rec.food.equipment,alt.coffee

I must offer the world an apology.....
I happen to live in the same town (armpit of the MidWest) where this
"technology" was created.
I found out that the packaging company that is responsible for the
design of this device is located here - another reason to hate them
(they also help create the impossible plastic packages that surround
everything from CDs to telephones).

I have had experience of drinking a Kuerig tea (the resto had to make it
a couple of times before they got it right and even then that was
inferior to a simple Tea Bag let alone fresh tea leaves).
I refused the offer of a coffee seeing all of the "wonderful flavours"
they were offering

* Note the "" marks are there to denote sarcasm
Posted to rec.food.equipment,alt.coffee

"Lloyd Parsons" > wrote in message

> I'm not a big fan of the single-serve makers, but you do get fresher
> coffee from them than you will from that bag of coffee after it is
> opened the first time.
>
> Whether that's worth anything to you is certainly up to you.
>
> If stale coffee produces a cup you like, then don't buy a single serve
> of any kind.
>
> I like good, fresh coffee. That's why I roast my own and grind on
> demand. My roasted bean are at most 1 week old when the last one is
> used. And that produces a horse of a different coffee than you'll get
> from your bag of coffee, or the single-serve machine for that matter.

Which is "fresher"? A pre-ground packet that may have been on the store
shelf for months or from a 45 day opened bag of quality beans but ground
this morning? Is one worth $400+ a year more?

FWIW, I rarely drink coffee as I prefer tea so I let my wife decide what she
wants on the coffee end of things. She is not so fussy as to roast her own.

Posted to rec.food.equipment,alt.coffee

In article >,
"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:

> "Lloyd Parsons" > wrote in message
> >
> > I'm not a big fan of the single-serve makers, but you do get fresher
> > coffee from them than you will from that bag of coffee after it is
> > opened the first time.
> >
> > Whether that's worth anything to you is certainly up to you.
> >
> > If stale coffee produces a cup you like, then don't buy a single serve
> > of any kind.
> >
> > I like good, fresh coffee. That's why I roast my own and grind on
> > demand. My roasted bean are at most 1 week old when the last one is
> > used. And that produces a horse of a different coffee than you'll get
> > from your bag of coffee, or the single-serve machine for that matter.

> Which is "fresher"? A pre-ground packet that may have been on the store
> shelf for months or from a 45 day opened bag of quality beans but ground
> this morning? Is one worth $400+ a year more?
>
> FWIW, I rarely drink coffee as I prefer tea so I let my wife decide what she
> wants on the coffee end of things. She is not so fussy as to roast her own.

I suspect the packet will be fresher than the 45 day old opened bag.
They do a lot of work to try and ensure that. Whether it will be better
or not is decided by the tongue of the drinker...

And they make all this stuff available because there are differing
tastes and desires. Those that swear by the single serve makers enjoy
the freshness of their coffee and the simplicity and quickness of making
the cup.

My mom at 87, still drinks her Folgers done in a drip pot and wouldn't
have it any other way.
Posted to rec.food.equipment,alt.coffee

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message

> "Lloyd Parsons" > wrote in message
>>> Russell Patterson > wrote in
>>> :

>>> you call that reasonable?
>>>
>>> I could understand it if home brewing resulting in under 20¢ a cup, but
>>> 50¢?

>> Actually it isn't too bad if you think about it. If you like drip
>> coffee, I suspect that each cup costs more than you think if you
>> consider that you throw out a fair amount of each pot pretty often.

> For the price of an 18 pack of Keurig you can get a lot of good ground
> coffee.
>
> Three cups a day in our house would be $45 a month with Keurig. My wife
> buys a bag of coffee at BJ's for $15.99 and gets a couple of months from
> it. Let's see, $90 versus $16. I'm thinking, just as you suggested.
> 90 - 16= 74 x6 = 444 per year more for the Keurig + the cost of machine =
> $600 additional outlay the first year. . I'm thinking, I'm thinking.

Have you looked at the Tassimo ? Both the pods and the unit appear to be
cheaper. Not sure there would be much difference in the end product !

bmc

Posted to rec.food.equipment,alt.coffee

In article >,
"Brian Colwell" > wrote:

> >> Actually it isn't too bad if you think about it. If you like drip
> >> coffee, I suspect that each cup costs more than you think if you
> >> consider that you throw out a fair amount of each pot pretty often.

> > For the price of an 18 pack of Keurig you can get a lot of good ground
> > coffee.
> >
> > Three cups a day in our house would be $45 a month with Keurig. My wife
> > buys a bag of coffee at BJ's for $15.99 and gets a couple of months from
> > it. Let's see, $90 versus $16. I'm thinking, just as you suggested.
> > 90 - 16= 74 x6 = 444 per year more for the Keurig + the cost of machine =
> > $600 additional outlay the first year. . I'm thinking, I'm thinking.
> >

> Have you looked at the Tassimo ? Both the pods and the unit appear to be
> cheaper. Not sure there would be much difference in the end product !
>
> bmc

A couple of things about the Tassimo. Go to the website and see what
the disks have in them, as I remember it, it is more than just coffee.

And most of the cups produced are of the much smaller 'european' style.
One of the discs was called something 'petit' and I jokingly said that
meant 1/2 a cup of coffee...

And many of their discs are nearly a dollar each...

Posted to rec.food.equipment,alt.coffee

"Lloyd Parsons" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Brian Colwell" > wrote:

>> > For the price of an 18 pack of Keurig you can get a lot of good ground
>> > coffee.
>> >
>> > Three cups a day in our house would be $45 a month with Keurig. My
>> > wife
>> > buys a bag of coffee at BJ's for $15.99 and gets a couple of months
>> > from
>> > it. Let's see, $90 versus $16. I'm thinking, just as you suggested.
>> > 90 - 16= 74 x6 = 444 per year more for the Keurig + the cost of machine
>> > =
>> > $600 additional outlay the first year. . I'm thinking, I'm thinking.
>> >

>> Have you looked at the Tassimo ? Both the pods and the unit appear to be
>> cheaper. Not sure there would be much difference in the end product !
>>
>> bmc

> A couple of things about the Tassimo. Go to the website and see what
> the disks have in them, as I remember it, it is more than just coffee.
>
> And most of the cups produced are of the much smaller 'european' style.
> One of the discs was called something 'petit' and I jokingly said that
> meant 1/2 a cup of coffee...
>
> And many of their discs are nearly a dollar each...

Here in BC their 100% Columbian ? :-)) a pack of 14 pods go for $4.99Can.

bmc

Posted to rec.food.equipment,alt.coffee

In article >,
"Brian Colwell" > wrote:

> "Lloyd Parsons" > wrote in message
> > In article >,

> >> Have you looked at the Tassimo ? Both the pods and the unit appear to be
> >> cheaper. Not sure there would be much difference in the end product !
> >>
> >> bmc

> > A couple of things about the Tassimo. Go to the website and see what
> > the disks have in them, as I remember it, it is more than just coffee.
> >
> > And most of the cups produced are of the much smaller 'european' style.
> > One of the discs was called something 'petit' and I jokingly said that
> > meant 1/2 a cup of coffee...
> >
> > And many of their discs are nearly a dollar each...

> Here in BC their 100% Columbian ? :-)) a pack of 14 pods go for $4.99Can.
>
> bmc

Here the Starbucks Columbian is $10.99 for 12 disks

The Nabob Columbian is $7.99 for 14 disks

That's the only 2 Columbians they list. Seems like a big disparity in
pricing between us and north of the border, huh?
Posted to rec.food.equipment,alt.coffee

"Lloyd Parsons" > wrote in message
>> Here in BC their 100% Columbian ? :-)) a pack of 14 pods go for
>> $4.99Can.
>>
>> bmc

> Here the Starbucks Columbian is $10.99 for 12 disks
>
> The Nabob Columbian is $7.99 for 14 disks
>
> That's the only 2 Columbians they list. Seems like a big disparity in
> pricing between us and north of the border, huh?

I guess if you are a coffee shop person spending $2.50 or so, that buck a
cup is a savings. For a home brewer, it certainly gets expensive.

Posted to rec.food.equipment,alt.coffee

"Lloyd Parsons" > wrote in message
> My mom at 87, still drinks her Folgers done in a drip pot and wouldn't
> have it any other way.

My wife grew up with garden brewed coffee. Her grandfather would get up and
put the percolator on the stove, go work in the garden for a while and then
he'd come in and have a cup since it was then "done". I tried a cup one and
decided that roofing tar was a weak, thin, imitation.

Posted to rec.food.equipment,alt.coffee

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> "Lloyd Parsons" > wrote in message
>> My mom at 87, still drinks her Folgers done in a drip pot and
>> wouldn't have it any other way.

> My wife grew up with garden brewed coffee. Her grandfather would get
> up and put the percolator on the stove, go work in the garden for a
> while and then he'd come in and have a cup since it was then "done". I tried a cup one and decided that roofing tar was a weak,
> thin,
> imitation.

Navy coffee, it doesn't slosh about and you can cut off as much as you want.

--
DougW

Posted to rec.food.equipment,alt.coffee

"Lloyd Parsons" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Brian Colwell" > wrote:
>
>> "Lloyd Parsons" > wrote in message

>> > A couple of things about the Tassimo. Go to the website and see what
>> > the disks have in them, as I remember it, it is more than just coffee.
>> >
>> > And most of the cups produced are of the much smaller 'european' style.
>> > One of the discs was called something 'petit' and I jokingly said that
>> > meant 1/2 a cup of coffee...
>> >
>> > And many of their discs are nearly a dollar each...

>> Here in BC their 100% Columbian ? :-)) a pack of 14 pods go for
>> $4.99Can.
>>
>> bmc

> Here the Starbucks Columbian is $10.99 for 12 disks
>
> The Nabob Columbian is $7.99 for 14 disks
>
> That's the only 2 Columbians they list. Seems like a big disparity in
> pricing between us and north of the border, huh?

Especially since the Canadian dollar is back down to about 81 cents US !!!!

bmc

Posted to rec.food.equipment,alt.coffee

In article >,
"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:

> "Lloyd Parsons" > wrote in message
> > My mom at 87, still drinks her Folgers done in a drip pot and wouldn't
> > have it any other way.

> My wife grew up with garden brewed coffee. Her grandfather would get up and
> put the percolator on the stove, go work in the garden for a while and then
> he'd come in and have a cup since it was then "done". I tried a cup one and
> decided that roofing tar was a weak, thin, imitation.

Sounds like the coffee I grew up with. We always had a pyrex percolator
in those days, and it was always Folgers as that was in the family so to
speak.

Then the coffee could strip paint, but these days she doesn't tolerate
strong flavors in anything, so the coffee is mostly colored water.
Posted to rec.food.equipment,alt.coffee

In article >,
"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:

> "Lloyd Parsons" > wrote in message
> >> Here in BC their 100% Columbian ? :-)) a pack of 14 pods go for
> >> $4.99Can.
> >>
> >> bmc

> > Here the Starbucks Columbian is $10.99 for 12 disks
> >
> > The Nabob Columbian is $7.99 for 14 disks
> >
> > That's the only 2 Columbians they list. Seems like a big disparity in
> > pricing between us and north of the border, huh?

> I guess if you are a coffee shop person spending $2.50 or so, that buck a
> cup is a savings. For a home brewer, it certainly gets expensive.

That is true. But the single-serve fans consider it OK because they
think the coffee is great and the cost is overridden by the convenience.

I've got a Tassimo and a Senseo, I used them before I got into the
espresso scene. In fact, it was because of them that I started looking
for something better.

And the rest, as they say, is history!
Posted to rec.food.equipment,alt.coffee

In article >,
"Elmo P. Shagnasty" > wrote:

> In article >,
> Lloyd Parsons > wrote:
>
> > > I guess if you are a coffee shop person spending $2.50 or so, that buck a
> > > cup is a savings. For a home brewer, it certainly gets expensive.

> > That is true. But the single-serve fans consider it OK because they
> > think the coffee is great and the cost is overridden by the convenience.

> I'm a coffee shop person, because I drink a cup or two a week.
>
> I'd still have to do the math, but even a buck a cup (mmm, OK, 75 cents)
> represents a savings in the end. But that would have to be everything,
> machine included, over a reasonable period of time.

Well, there are deals and there are deals....

I happened on a great deal on the Senseo. I had to do an online survey
with them, and then a followup after and I got the maker for free with a
few pods included.

Now I use it with home-made pods that I do with fresh coffee that I've
roasted when I go up to my mom's house. A bit of a pain to make the
pods, but doesn't take longer than it does me to make a shot or an
Americano on the epresso machine. And the Senseo weighs a hell of a lot
less than my Alex!!

Frankly, if you go that way, I'd opt for a pod maker over the Tassimo or
Keurig. Looks like the cheapest Senseo is about $60 and pods run about
$.50 each depending on which ones you get. But you get the pods online
as few stores carry them, and usually the ones they have are loose in a
bag, so once you open the bag, they start going stale just like ground
coffee.

The online sellers like bettercoffee.com sell pods that are in
individual sealed packs.
Posted to rec.food.equipment,alt.coffee

>Three cups a day in our house would be $45 a month with Keurig. My wife
>buys a bag of coffee at BJ's for $15.99 and gets a couple of months from it.
>Let's see, $90 versus $16. I'm thinking, just as you suggested.
>90 - 16= 74 x6 = 444 per year more for the Keurig + the cost of machine =
>$600 additional outlay the first year. . I'm thinking, I'm thinking.

Are you factoring in all the wasted coffee that is dumped from a pot?
If a person researches the Internet, there are many reputable
companies that sell pods, K-cups, etc, which end up costing a lot less
than .50 per cup. Granted, in local stores, the stuff is much more
expensive.

I like the Senseo for the convenience and ease of making a cup. For a
long time, I was buying beans from a reputable roaster and it was very
good and then I would grind them daily resulting in a fabulous cup of
coffee. However, often I did not drink as much as I thought I would
and it would go down the drain.

The coffee I now drink may not be as good as the freshly ground, but
it is still good and there are so many better coffees available online
other than Senseo, but will fit the machine. I like things easy. And I
like to explore.

Mark

Posted to rec.food.equipment,alt.coffee

"FERRANTE" > wrote in message
news

>>Three cups a day in our house would be $45 a month with Keurig. My wife
>>buys a bag of coffee at BJ's for $15.99 and gets a couple of months from
>>it.
>>Let's see, $90 versus $16. I'm thinking, just as you suggested.
>>90 - 16= 74 x6 = 444 per year more for the Keurig + the cost of machine =
>>$600 additional outlay the first year. . I'm thinking, I'm thinking.
>>

> Are you factoring in all the wasted coffee that is dumped from a pot?
> If a person researches the Internet, there are many reputable
> companies that sell pods, K-cups, etc, which end up costing a lot less
> than .50 per cup. Granted, in local stores, the stuff is much more
> expensive.

Of course I am. If you read the line I posted what we actually spend versus
the no waste Keurig.

If you get the cost down to 30¢, it is still more expensive. Convenient,
yes, but there is a cost to saving time. I'd rather use that money for
something else. Obviously, others don't as many machines are sold.

Posted to rec.food.equipment,alt.coffee

On Dec 14, 10:04*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:
> "FERRANTE" > wrote in message
>
> news >
>

> >>Three cups a day in our house would be $45 a month with Keurig. *My wife
> >>buys a bag of coffee at BJ's for $15.99 and gets a couple of months from
> >>it.
> >>Let's see, $90 versus $16. *I'm thinking, just as you suggested.
> >>90 - 16= 74 x6 = 444 per year more for the Keurig + the cost of machine =
> >>$600 additional outlay the first year. . * I'm thinking, I'm thinking..

> > Are you factoring in all the wasted coffee that is dumped from a pot?
> > If a person researches the Internet, there are many reputable
> > companies that sell pods, K-cups, etc, which end up costing a lot less
> > than .50 per cup. Granted, in local stores, the stuff is much more
> > expensive.

> Of course I am. If you read the line I posted what we actually spend versus
> the no waste Keurig.
>
> If you get the cost down to 30¢, it is still more expensive. *Convenient,
> yes, but there is a cost to saving time. I'd rather use that money for
> something else. *Obviously, others don't as many machines are sold.

30 CENTS to $1.00 for SWILL!
Posted to rec.food.equipment,alt.coffee

On Dec 13, 3:50 pm, Lloyd Parsons > wrote:

> I've got a Tassimo and a Senseo, I used them before I got into the
> espresso scene. In fact, it was because of them that I started looking
> for something better.
>
> And the rest, as they say, is history!

Yep -- a brewed cup of coffee may be good, have flavor, but if that's
not enough -- better or more there is -- which becomes a concentrate
at the next step. Extraction of the comparable pod, ground to
exactness, under a portafilter's pressure and temperature
characteristics, for a narrower chemical yield of selective coffee
constituents. Of course there's a willingness involved to encounter
that experience -- for some not so willing, which might be an apparent
analogous to sipping from a teaspoon of Tobassco, as opposed to
dousing their hashbrowns with catsup after a sprinkle of Crystal.
(Pardon the excursion, not being much of a hotsauce eater, by way of
convenience, and permitting simple observances from an avowed latte-
drinker.)
Posted to rec.food.equipment,alt.coffee

I like the no waste aspect of the Keurig, and also because you can
brew different blends for different people, very quickly, plus I can
be drinking a cup about a minute or so after I think about wanting
it......I am drinking lots more coffee now, after buying the Keurig
last year.

dan

http://www.mycoffeeandteastore.com

On Dec 14 2008, 10:04*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:
> "FERRANTE" > wrote in message
>
> news >
>

> >>Three cups a day in our house would be $45 a month withKeurig. *My wife
> >>buys a bag of coffee at BJ's for $15.99 and gets a couple of months from
> >>it.
> >>Let's see, $90 versus $16. *I'm thinking, just as you suggested.
> >>90 - 16= 74 x6 = 444 per year more for theKeurig+ the cost of machine =
> >>$600 additional outlay the first year. . * I'm thinking, I'm thinking..

> > Are you factoring in all the wasted coffee that is dumped from a pot?
> > If a person researches the Internet, there are many reputable
> > companies that sell pods, K-cups, etc, which end up costing a lot less
> > than .50 per cup. Granted, in local stores, the stuff is much more
> > expensive.

> Of course I am. If you read the line I posted what we actually spend versus
> the no wasteKeurig.
>
> If you get the cost down to 30¢, it is still more expensive. *Convenient,
> yes, but there is a cost to saving time. I'd rather use that money for
> something else. *Obviously, others don't as many machines are sold.

Posted to rec.food.equipment,alt.coffee

On Jan 1, 2:30*pm, dan > wrote:
> I like the no waste aspect of the Keurig, and also because you can
> brew different blends for different people, very quickly, plus I can
> be drinking a cup about a minute or so after I think about wanting
> it......I am drinking lots more coffee now, after buying the Keurig
> last year.
>
> dan
>
> http://www.mycoffeeandteastore.com
>
> On Dec 14 2008, 10:04*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:
>
> > "FERRANTE" > wrote in message

> >news

> > > Are you factoring in all the wasted coffee that is dumped from a pot?
> > > If a person researches the Internet, there are many reputable
> > > companies that sell pods, K-cups, etc, which end up costing a lot less
> > > than .50 per cup. Granted, in local stores, the stuff is much more
> > > expensive.

> > Of course I am. If you read the line I posted what we actually spend versus
> > the no wasteKeurig.

> > If you get the cost down to 30¢, it is still more expensive. *Convenient,
> > yes, but there is a cost to saving time. I'd rather use that money for
> > something else. *Obviously, others don't as many machines are sold.

NO waste? what about all that plastic you are throwing away??

vs. coffee grounds?

"no waste"

LOL!!
Posted to rec.food.equipment,alt.coffee

On Thu, 1 Jan 2009 11:30:03 -0800 (PST), dan
> wrote:

>I like the no waste aspect of the Keurig, and also because you can
>brew different blends for different people, very quickly, plus I can
>be drinking a cup about a minute or so after I think about wanting
>it......I am drinking lots more coffee now, after buying the Keurig
>last year.
>
>dan
>
>http://www.mycoffeeandteastore.com

Dan,
I agree with you 100%! I bough my niece a Keurig and she and her
husband love it and love trying all the different flavors. There are
many sites online to get great deals. Check out this one and scroll
all the way down the page to see everything:

http://www.coffeewhiz.com/kcupcoffee.htm

http://www.coffeeforless.com/category.asp?id=84

http://coffeegiant.com/index.php?cPa...364 ae7d31f42

Finally, if you have a Bed, Bath and Beyond in your area, they sell
all kinds of K-cups, reasonably priced.

Enjoy your Keurig as so many others are doing!

Mark
Posted to rec.food.equipment,alt.coffee

FERRANTE wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Jan 2009 11:30:03 -0800 (PST), dan
> > wrote:
>
>> I like the no waste aspect of the Keurig, and also because you can
>> brew different blends for different people, very quickly, plus I can
>> be drinking a cup about a minute or so after I think about wanting
>> it......I am drinking lots more coffee now, after buying the Keurig
>> last year.
>>
>> dan
>>
>> http://www.mycoffeeandteastore.com

> Dan,
> I agree with you 100%! I bough my niece a Keurig and she and her
> husband love it and love trying all the different flavors. There are
> many sites online to get great deals. Check out this one and scroll
> all the way down the page to see everything:
>
> http://www.coffeewhiz.com/kcupcoffee.htm
>
> http://www.coffeeforless.com/category.asp?id=84
>
> http://coffeegiant.com/index.php?cPa...364 ae7d31f42
>
> Finally, if you have a Bed, Bath and Beyond in your area, they sell
> all kinds of K-cups, reasonably priced.
>
> Enjoy your Keurig as so many others are doing!

They also sell reusable k cups now.
http://www.singleservecoffee.com/archives/004250.php
http://www.homeclick.com/1/1/47970-k...-cup-5048.html
etc.