Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Sharpening Knives

What is the best way to sharpen Knechtel knives. I tried many methods but
still cannot get them sharp enough.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

"Andy Petro" > wrote in message
> What is the best way to sharpen Knechtel knives. I tried many
> methods but still cannot get them sharp enough.

What is a Knectel Knife? I google and only came up with some guy that
writes articles on the web.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Wed, 1 Oct 2008 22:03:52 -0500, "Del Cecchi"
> wrote:

>"Andy Petro" > wrote in message
>> What is the best way to sharpen Knechtel knives. I tried many
>> methods but still cannot get them sharp enough.
>>

>What is a Knectel Knife? I google and only came up with some guy that
>writes articles on the web.

$100 says he meant Kullenschiff (sp?).

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net
http://www.normstools.com

care to correspond with you anyway.
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Petro View Post
What is the best way to sharpen Knechtel knives. I tried many methods but
still cannot get them sharp enough.
A method for sharpening the cutting knives of a knife ring chipper, which includes a knife ring and a number of knife units, the units in turn containing knives and holding plates. The knife ring is removed from the knife ring chipper, the knife units of the knife ring chipper are removed from the knife ring and the knife units are disassembled.
Carhartt Sherpa Lines Jackets property in dubai
Posted to rec.food.equipment

"LRod" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 1 Oct 2008 22:03:52 -0500, "Del Cecchi"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Andy Petro" > wrote in message
>>> What is the best way to sharpen Knechtel knives. I tried many
>>> methods but still cannot get them sharp enough.
>>>

>>What is a Knectel Knife? I google and only came up with some guy
>>that
>>writes articles on the web.

> $100 says he meant Kullenschiff (sp?).

Why would a knife with granatons be any different than a regular
knife? They don't go all the way to the edge.

I would recommend either a chef's choice or "scary sharp" with a lee
valley guide or maybe the apex edge thingy, but that's just me.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

Del Cecchi wrote:

> Why would a knife with granatons be any different than a regular
> knife? They don't go all the way to the edge.
>
> I would recommend either a chef's choice or "scary sharp" with a lee
> valley guide or maybe the apex edge thingy, but that's just me.

The original Granton knives did have a kullen that went to the edge, but
it was ground only 40% of the blade thickness, so you are correct, it
makes no difference in the sharpening.

Have you tried a Spyderco Sharpmaker? Great tool, and easy to use. I
have come across several knives that did not take a good edge until they
were stropped with a paper wheel system.
--
Steve Bottorff
www.sharpeningmadeeasy.com
Posted to rec.food.equipment

Steve B. wrote:
> Del Cecchi wrote:
>
>> Why would a knife with granatons be any different than a regular
>> knife? They don't go all the way to the edge.
>>
>> I would recommend either a chef's choice or "scary sharp" with a lee
>> valley guide or maybe the apex edge thingy, but that's just me.
>>

> The original Granton knives did have a kullen that went to the edge, but
> it was ground only 40% of the blade thickness, so you are correct, it
> makes no difference in the sharpening.
>
> Have you tried a Spyderco Sharpmaker? Great tool, and easy to use. I
> have come across several knives that did not take a good edge until they
> were stropped with a paper wheel system.

I don't have but a diamond "steel" and a chef's choice. But I don't
have knives with cullens either. Well, I do have some carbide paper.
cez cez is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Petro View Post
What is the best way to sharpen Knechtel knives. I tried many methods but
still cannot get them sharp enough.
Hi, you can use stone.

Using a Sharpening Stone
Step1
Use a wet or dry sharpening stone.
Step2
Place the stone flat on a stable surface.
Step3
Holding the knife by its handle, put the blade at a 10- to 25-degree angle to the stone.
Step4
Draw the knife toward you and across the stone.
Step5
Repeat process on the other side of the blade.
http://www.lionsdeal.com
Banned

I will tell you a best method to sharpen the knife,you should buy a ceramic knife,it is not necessary to sharpen the knife,even if you use it for a long time,the knife may not be worn out,so it is very convenient for you to use the knife,for more information about the ceramic knife,you may check
Buy Black Matt Finish Ceramic Knife 4-piece Set compare price at pandawill.com

More on Knives - Sharpening [email protected] Cooking Equipment 1 25-04-2011 06:59 AM
More on Knives - Sharpening Bryan[_6_] General Cooking 2 06-03-2011 03:47 AM
More on Knives - Sharpening ImStillMags General Cooking 0 01-03-2011 12:29 AM
Sharpening knives Sky General Cooking 41 09-12-2007 09:44 PM
sharpening knives Steve B General Cooking 31 09-06-2005 03:50 PM