Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Refrigirator breaks down when I am away for several days

This is the third time that my refrgirator, a GE side by side model,
quit working while I was on vacation and gone for about one week.
After unplugging the thing, throwing away all the spoiled food,
cleaning it, and leaving its doors open for several hours and plugging
it again it began working. It has never broken down while I am at
home. Any ideas why this may be hyappening?
Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 15:30:41 -0700 (PDT), sonicpnl
> wrote:

> Any ideas why this may be hyappening?

.....maybe it's speeel cheacker is brok?

You might have electrical issues that a licensed electrician should
look into. I have a Kelvinator freezer that has been running for
20 plus years without fail. I don't believe that GE sent you a
refrigerator with a "failing" feature.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

"sonicpnl" > wrote in message
> This is the third time that my refrgirator, a GE side by side model,
> quit working while I was on vacation and gone for about one week.
> After unplugging the thing, throwing away all the spoiled food,
> cleaning it, and leaving its doors open for several hours and plugging
> it again it began working. It has never broken down while I am at
> home. Any ideas why this may be hyappening?

Hardly worth mentioning because I know you probably don't have: light timers
going while you are away that could be interfering in some way?

Do you live in a private home? Have you checked your breakers when you
arrive home?

Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.equipment

Our fridge stopped while we were away because water was coming in thro the
roof and getting into the electricals. This only happened once! We had to
throw out a lot of food and do a lot of cleaning - just what you need when
you get back from a holiday. We got the roof fixed and the electrics sorted
out.